Bands everyone loves but you hate

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Adramelch,Hellhammer,Celtic Frost,Sepultura,Blind Guardian,Slayer and Satan's Host............Actually,to be precise,i don't hate Satan's Host.They are funny in a way.Always make me laugh.................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

AxeCrazy wrote:I just can't get into Led Zeppelin. Sure, they have a few great songs, but the rest are average. There are plenty of other 70s bands that are much better, IMO.
Thank you.
I get shit all the time for "not understanding the genius of Zep".
I "understand" fine, some terrific songs spread throughout a catalogue of albums crammed with filler, rip offs of old blues songs and rip offs of contemporary bands too.
The "genius" of Zep?
Gimme the first ten Sabbath albums over them every time.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
JonahQuizz wrote:Slayer
:? What?How someone can not love Show No Mercy at least.That is beyond to me...except if you don't like Speed/Thrash.

Anyway i always loved SLAYER mainly until ''Seasons In The Abyss''.Divine Intervetion is good but in my opinion the songs don't have so much meaning/little boring.

In my opinion SLAYER and SAVATAGE were the best US bands(created mostly by Non-Americans 8) )
I read in a magazine yesterday that Slayer has won a Grammy award and that they were happy to be part of the music industry :? Has the music industry finally seen the brilliance of Show No Mercy, Haunting The Chapel and Hell Awaits or does Kerry has a bigger hole now?

Found a photo :lol:

Great avatar Åmål, one hell of a record that is.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I don't think it is the first time they win Grammys,nominations,participations or so.Anyway don't get deceived.Even NIFELHEIM were candidate for prize in Sweden if i am not mistaken.

Even if they become like Madonna the fact doesn't change that they have 6 killer LP's(Until Seasons).
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Show No Mercy, Haunting The Chapel and Hell Awaits are godlike and among the best metal records ever recorded. Reign In Blood is good but totally overrated and the rest is pure crap.

(Divine Intervention has some decent songs)
Long Live The Loud !!!
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
In my opinion SLAYER and SAVATAGE were the best US bands(created mostly by Non-Americans 8) )
Eh? I'm sure araya and lombardo consider themselves americans and they seem to be the only ones who are "non american" out of both bands.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:Show No Mercy, Haunting The Chapel and Hell Awaits are godlike and among the best metal records ever recorded. Reign In Blood is good but totally overrated and the rest is pure crap.
Couldn't sum it up better, Sten 8)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

:o shish ... was that Araya in a suite? Why doesn't he wear it onstage?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Abyss wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:
Eh? I'm sure araya and lombardo consider themselves americans and they seem to be the only ones who are "non american" out of both bands.
Lombardo is from Cuba,Araya is from Chile.And the Oliva brothers are Italian.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote::o shish ... was that Araya in a suite? Why doesn't he wear it onstage?
They all wore suits in the "Bloodline" video, i was disappointed KK hadn't customised his with nails & spikes, but it still looked pretty cool when the blood started pouring down on them.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Abyss wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:
Lombardo is from Cuba,Araya is from Chile.And the Oliva brothers are Italian.
I already said Lombardo and Araya could be considered "non Americans" but the Oliva brothers were born in America where do you drawl the line?
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

hmm why is Lombardo not in the picture?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote:
Noisenik wrote::o shish ... was that Araya in a suite? Why doesn't he wear it onstage?
They all wore suits in the "Bloodline" video, i was disappointed KK hadn't customised his with nails & spikes, but it still looked pretty cool when the blood started pouring down on them.
not that I have anything against that, I still cannot decide whether this suits him or not, certainly it is a bow to the showbiz rules. I remember similar pic of 'tallica 16 years ago. *cringes at last
I am ... the One you warned me of
Helm

Post by Helm »

oh yes, Slayer also! Quite overrated and most importantly the choice metal band of idiots worldwide. With this I don't mean that only idiots listen to them, I mean that if an idiot decides he's going to listen to one metal band, chances are it'll be Slayer!
wom

Post by wom »

yes helm, chances are it will be metallica :)