Bands everyone loves but you hate

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Lama wrote:
borrel wrote:I'm sure not everybody loves them and I don't hate them (I have the first album) but Blessed Death have always bored me
Don't like 'em either. Annoying vocals also.
Sorry you're both wrong. Great vocals.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

GJ wrote:
Lama wrote:
borrel wrote:I'm sure not everybody loves them and I don't hate them (I have the first album) but Blessed Death have always bored me
Don't like 'em either. Annoying vocals also.
Sorry you're both wrong. Great vocals.
I agree 100%! They're amazing!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Yep, Kill or be Killed is a really good album.

Die for metal and live for death!

"eurovision piece of shit" about Manowar's ballads hahaha, I like this :D
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'm still surprised hearing/reading about how people which taste in music is pretty much impeccable (i.e. very close to my own) praising early Pantera. Don't wanna hoot my "trve M'tl" horn but I instantly singled them out as Gay Poser Fags (the BAD definition, no offence Gary..) back then and was shitshocked how former Metal Bro's In Arms fell for this MTV-friendly Poison-on-steroids garbage. The Beginning Of The End it was I tell ya'...

Oh, and MEGADETH! They're shit. A few decent songs/half-decent early albums aside, he'... um.. sorry "the band", is shit. As in smelly human waste, fecal matter, Poo-Poo, offal, vomit, whatever...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

DaN wrote:Oh, and MEGADETH! They're shit. A few decent songs/half-decent early albums aside, he'... um.. sorry "the band", is shit. As in smelly human waste, fecal matter, Poo-Poo, offal, vomit, whatever...
WOW :shock:

They were a great band throughout the 80s, I'm not so into their universally praised albums (RIP and Peace Sells) but SFSGSW is one of my favorite albums, and KIMB is a gem as well. It's surprising to hear this.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote:Don't wanna hoot my "trve M'tl" horn but...

:lol: :shock: :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I can see how someone may not like the debut because it's a quite average Exciter rip-off but the second album is quite a bit better in my opinion.

perishinflames wrote:
DaN wrote:Oh, and MEGADETH! They're shit. A few decent songs/half-decent early albums aside, he'... um.. sorry "the band", is shit. As in smelly human waste, fecal matter, Poo-Poo, offal, vomit, whatever...
WOW :shock:

They were a great band throughout the 80s, I'm not so into their universally praised albums (RIP and Peace Sells) but SFSGSW is one of my favorite albums, and KIMB is a gem as well. It's surprising to hear this.
As for Megadeth, how can someone bash "Rust In Peace"? :cry:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Hard to read that on Megadeth...

Their albums are not perfect (in comparison with their mates of the 80's), for many reasons, but still, Dave Mustaine is for me one of the best metal guitarist EVER (for his songwriting and playing style etc.).

Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Easy answer every doom band except CANDLEMASS and BLACK HOLE is boring to me.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

No Scald for you then, best epic band ever from Russia.
Vaggelis wrote:Easy answer every doom band except CANDLEMASS and BLACK HOLE is boring to me.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

doomedplanet wrote:No Scald for you then, best epic band ever from Russia.
Vaggelis wrote:Easy answer every doom band except CANDLEMASS and BLACK HOLE is boring to me.
I like the 2-3 first tracks from that SCALD and you know what,this band tried so much to copy BATHORY's Hammerheart but these albums are made once.

Best Epic band from Russia haha.

Try to listen to Siberian band GOROD DIT tape from 1989 you will change your mind. :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Not even Solitude Aeturnus?

Sad day.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

they took some idead of Bathory and made their own sound, no other band ever sounded like them.

I just listened to a bunch of Gorod Dyt, skipped through the 22 song 1989 demo and while I like what I heard, they have some few epic tracks that were good but it isn't sustained like Scald throughout.
Vaggelis wrote:[

I like the 2-3 first tracks from that SCALD and you know what,this band tried so much to copy BATHORY's Hammerheart but these albums are made once.

Best Epic band from Russia haha.

Try to listen to Siberian band GOROD DIT tape from 1989 you will change your mind. :lol:
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Avenger wrote:

Sad day.

I was also wondering about Solitude Aeturnus, since they are influenced by Candlemass... Awesome band.

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger wrote:

Sad day.
Every day Vag makes a statement is a sad day for good metal :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart