GRUDGE/BARBARIANS OF THE NEW EARTH

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
silverboy

GRUDGE/BARBARIANS OF THE NEW EARTH

Post by silverboy »

Is so totally crappy, makes your Ears want to vomit.
I think the worst singer I´v ever heard is (dont remember his name)
The bastard that sings on DESTENY´s first album "Beayond All Sense". Cool music though but the voice...Holy shit so fucki´n out of tune. I belive you´ll could get a donkey with his balls in a vice to create better singing.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fatally boring LP. You really don't need this one. US metal at its worst. Avoid.
mordred

Re: GRUDGE/BARBARIANS OF THE NEW EARTH

Post by mordred »

silverboy wrote:Is so totally crappy, makes your Ears want to vomit.
I think the worst singer I´v ever heard is (dont remember his name)
The bastard that sings on DESTENY´s first album "Beayond All Sense". Cool music though but the voice...Holy shit so fucki´n out of tune. I belive you´ll could get a donkey with his balls in a vice to create better singing.
I don't understand what you are saying? Is there another LP where Håkan Ring, singer on the first Destiny LP, sings? Doubt it. Anyway, Håkan Ring rules. Being in tune is not metal.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Re: GRUDGE/BARBARIANS OF THE NEW EARTH

Post by ION BRITTON »

mordred wrote:Being in tune is not metal
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Funny subject for a first post, but sure, the GRUDGE LP is indeed crap. It's not impossible the band was fake/'metalploitation' if you look at some other releases of the Grudge label (CONVICT, ORIGINAL SIN, LOTCA etc). And why the same name and logo as the label?

Another weird/funny thing about the album is that one song sound almost exactly like KILLER FOX, with that unique "robot-metal" sound. Eerie...

DESTINY's debut is another huge disappointment. I don't remember if it was the vocals or just their really boring and nonsensical songwriting, but crap it was. They should have kept the girl singing on their demos in the band for the debut LP.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I just saw a disco 12" with the Grudge label on it :lol:
This makes it even more weird for the band to have had the same name & logo as their label, when it wasn't even a pure Metal company. Curiouser and curiouser...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Only heard the Grudge album once but I actually liked it- had the better parts of LOTCA mixed with a little Victor Griffin-era PENTAGRAM heaviness. I could see it getting old kinda fast (which is exactly what happened to LOTCA after I played it a few more times), but I do plan on playing Grudge some more to see how it holds up
LuciferSteele

Post by LuciferSteele »

several years have passed since the last time i gave it a spin but i don't recall being that crappy... maybe i should check it out once more...
FINAL AXE
TYRANT
CROSS
ZIONS ABYSS
STEEL PROPHET
SALEM SPADE
KINGS RANSOM
and the story continues...
www.steel-legacy.com
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I like this better than their LOTCA album.