All HELL lyrics posted online!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BloodOfChrist

All HELL lyrics posted online!

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine who is in touch with Tim from HELL recently got the lyrics to most of the Hell songs. Earlier today his HELL page was deleted for no apparent reason, so he's decided to add his info to Metal-Archives. This includes lyrics to almost every song on the S/T demo, and a lot of others. I sent him the lyrics to "Save Us" and "Land Of The Living Dead" so he will be adding those later tonight. As of right now the only songs without lyrics are "DELIVER US FROM EVIL", "INTENSE IS THE SENSE OF DOOM", "THE DISPOSER SUPREME". I figured some people here might want to see these because I remember people mentioned wanting to cover some HELL songs.

My band is getting ready to do "Plague & Fire" and his band has recently learned "The Quest".
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Wow this is great! Too bad that there's no lyrics for "DELIVER US FROM EVIL" available though. It's maybe my favourite.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Lyrics are fun, boxsets are better.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Black Axe wrote:Lyrics are fun, boxsets are better.
I'm sad to mention that Kevin (guitar player for Hell) told me today that the Hell box wont be released so, Miskatonic will concetrate on Desolation ANgels box. Instead Hell is will surprise most of you this year 2008. I think I can give more details if Mr Kevin aprove. I will ask him.
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

We want a boxset of the old stuff, not a lame reunion album!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I would like to hear some stuff recorded by the remaining members of Hell...but I dont think it should be considered "Hell" without Dave. I would REALLY like to hear some of the unreleased rehearsal tapes and live stuff that Sneap has, though, so I was really looking forward to the boxed set...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sorry, but I have to ask..... what is the appeal of this band? I honestly think they're terrible. I know that taste is subjective, but I'm amazed that people like this band. The wailing vocals are nasally and annoying, the musicianship is sloppy and poorly executed, and the recording quality never did them any favors (at least on the 7" and the copy of the 'Hamlet' demo I have, which are all the material I've heard). At the risk of sounding really cynical, I can't help but wonder whether their cult status comes mainly from their occult theatrics and the praise given them by SABBAT.
Sorry for taking a swipe at a band that's obviously very popular on this board, but I really do not understand what anyone hears in them that is praiseworthy.

Oh, and regarding the Desolation Angels boxset; I've heard one of their post-LP demos and it's very weak, nothing like their awesome LP.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

metalmaster wrote:
Black Axe wrote:Lyrics are fun, boxsets are better.
I'm sad to mention that Kevin (guitar player for Hell) told me today that the Hell box wont be released so, Miskatonic will concetrate on Desolation ANgels box. Instead Hell is will surprise most of you this year 2008. I think I can give more details if Mr Kevin aprove. I will ask him.
If it won't be released at all, Hell are fuckin' posers and should quit doing anything music related right now.

I lost all the appeal I had for this band. Without a boxset I don't care at all what this band is going to do, and I won't pay any attention to them again.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Black Axe wrote: Without a boxset I don't care at all what this band is going to do, and I won't pay any attention to them again.
+1
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sixsexsix

Post by sixsexsix »

I don't know, but HELL were one of these bands you simply had to love in the heydays. I remember when I first heard the 7" in late 83, I was blown away. It had and has this sinister yet kinda goofy atmosphere to it that makes it wobbling in the head. Just like 50s sci-fi soundtracks do or maybe the italian GOBLIN (or, saying that, the original DEATH SS).

And pardon me, but I think it's entirely up to the band what they want or don't want to release. It often seems to me that the most fanatic, screaming out loudly about that reunion thing, are the late borns. Is this the case here too? Do they fear something could shatter their imagination of how "things were"? I don't get it, really.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

sixsexsix wrote: And pardon me, but I think it's entirely up to the band what they want or don't want to release. It often seems to me that the most fanatic, screaming out loudly about that reunion thing, are the late borns. Is this the case here too? Do they fear something could shatter their imagination of how "things were"? I don't get it, really.
Surely it's up to them what they want to release. But it is also up to the fans if they want to support it or not. I don't see why others think that i must buy a ''new'' album that simply has the HELL logo on its cover?

I'll stick to what Black Axe said before, something i agree 100% with:
A band with no major releases and just known through some demo's and a single that decide to re-record material even though they have enough old material to release and have said they will release it, have major ego problems. They are trying release "new" material even before 75% of the people who are likely to listen to it, have heard most of the orginal material.
And i personally don't ''fear'' anything about them, even if they were my all-time favorite band. Do they want to fuck it all up or show disrespect to their past and probably to D.Halliday as well? Well, i won't stop them in any case (and even if i could, i wouldn't do that), they are free to do it. I will support only what i want and only what i believe that needs to be supported.

EDIT:
And another one that really is importart:
DMR wrote:The only thing that really bothers me about this is that it's screwing up the release of the original material - you know, the stuff that made people care about the band in the first place
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sixsexsix

Post by sixsexsix »

Oh well, then I don't quite see why it troubles you so much. "Support" or buy what you want then. All good, I reckon.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, some people talked about "negative reactions" for HELL's new material. I don't consider my reaction "negative", on the contrary i believe it's a very logic one. Why others think that i should necessarily feel ''bad'' or ''guilty'' about my decision not to support the new album?

metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Well guys calm down. Kevin mentoned that they will release a new album during 2008 and the Box will keep in hold. Perhaps the new album will contain an extra cd with demo stuff or something. Nothing is sure yet, only the recording of the album. The box has to wait a bit more :?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

metalmaster wrote:Well guys calm down. Kevin mentoned that they will release a new album during 2008 and the Box will keep in hold. Perhaps the new album will contain an extra cd with demo stuff or something. Nothing is sure yet, only the recording of the album. The box has to wait a bit more :?
Yes, but we don't want a new album. We want the boxset. We were promised that boxset over two years ago... And now all we get is some new Sabbat covering Hell songs album.