Same Riff??? (Riff-Off)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

some riff similarities..

Iron Maiden - Wicker Man VERSUS 44 Magnum - Street Rock'N Roller
Judas Priest - Call For The Priest VERSUS Sniper - Fire
Metallica - Hit The Lights VERSUS Mephistopheles - You Keep On Trying

Both wicker man and street rock'n roller remind me of Judas Priest - Running Wild a little bit but it's not as obious :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

nar marratuk wrote:what about a more obvious one like the resemblance or almost identikit between CHILD SAINT" I am future" and MEGADETH track "rust in peace"??? I believe there's a bit of a story there but who's to know??
It is the song Child Saint that is almost identical to Rust In Peace... Polaris :)
Here's what I found out with the help of google.
I did a bunch of research and came across the Child Saint drummers email at www.metal-archives.com, gave him a shout, and basically just asked him about the band, and the song. Here's what he had to say:

Mike,
"Yes, I was in Child Saint. In the early 80s, John Spectre, from Child Saint was jamming with a friend of his in Huntington Beach CA. Johns friend had another guy for them to jam with, Dave Mustane. Dave had an unfinished song called Child Saint. After playing for a while, John asked Dave if he could have the song and finish it. Dave said that was cool. John and Brian Scott finished writing the song in early 84. We recorded the song on a demo in 85, and on the 12" single in 88. In 89 after an Iron Maiden show at the Forum in L.A., we were played on the KNAC local band radio show. Mustane heard and started claiming we stole the song from him. After that, he decided to put it on his record. Since he had the money of the record behind him, we didn't fight it. Child Saint broke up about a year later. So, that is the story behind Child Saint and Dave Mustane.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Bathory - One part of a track from the Hammerheart album (unfortunately I forgot which) was completely stolen from the end of "For Whom The Bells Toll" of Metallica.
Nevertheless a fantastic album
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

tomas wrote:I also noticed some similarities between the old 70s AC/DC riffs and every heavy metal band form the 80s! What a discovery! :lol:
yeah that and Blacck Sabbath anyone? :roll:
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

nar marratuk wrote:
DaN wrote:I remember that site that Gary Schulze had, selling the CS live cdr. If you backtracked to the main site he was running a shady get-rich-quick scheme so I never bothered. I think an upload would be in order, if only out of sheer principle.
#

Well Dan if that's the case and you'll accept full responsibility I have no problem uploading the live cd? I feel a bit funny as I know nobody.... :lol:
Give it a couple of days and see peoples thoughts...
Id really like to hear the live material if you decide to post it. For a cd-r $35 is kind of ridiculous...
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

DaN wrote:There's one track off KREATOR's "Endless Pain" which is more or less a rip-off of a track off EXODUS' "Bonded By Blood" but I forgot which ones. Thrashaholics to the rescue?
Exodus: Strike of the Beast = Kreator: Total Death. Am I right?

When it comes to stealing a good riff or two, I believe that Megadeth is the band that "borrowed" the most. I'm talking about riffs per second....
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
tomas wrote:I also noticed some similarities between the old 70s AC/DC riffs and every heavy metal band form the 80s! What a discovery! :lol:

stepping on toes since 1978
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
I think he meant to say nwobhm bands only :lol:, it would actually be a more factual argument if he weren't joking but its all in good fun none the less.
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

Actually just noticed the track "precision devastation" on the new DESTRUCTOR album sounds very like that on the DEFENDER track " the journey" from '89. Anyone else notice it?
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Diamond Head- Play it Loud
Mercyful Fate-Curse of the Pharaohs
Iron Maiden- 2 Minutes 2 Midnight
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

tearitup1234 wrote:Iron Maiden- 2 Minutes 2 Midnight
+ Venom- Welcome to Hell.... the obvious pair
+ Strormqueen- Battle of Britain
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

BLACK VIRGIN: Night Riders / a song from BERSERKS (Ita) I can't remember, because I can't find the damn cdr
Long Live The Loud !!!
ZOMBIE

Post by ZOMBIE »

Nightlock wrote:Same Riff:

Angel Witch - Angel Of Death
Manilla Road - Dreams of Eschaton

I saw this and remembered the greatest Angelwitch Rip-Off : In Sinister History LP details , Kevin Heybourne blames Candlemass for stealing a demo song -''The Night Is Calling'' exactly. Truth is that Mr.Heybourne was raped not by Candlemass but by Nemesis. The stolen track is ''Goodnight'' from Day Of Retribution MLP. Not just similar - the two tracks are IDENTICAL .I wonder what Mr.Edling has to say about...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

We all have to remember that the first Metallica album has lots of NWOBHM riffs mixed here and there but with a faster pace,which is nice btw,i love it :wink:
daniel

Post by daniel »

HOLY TERROR's 'Debt of Pain' rips off AGENT STEEL's 'Back To Reign', exact same riffs in places and even the same lyrics in the chorus; 'Feeling down and out...'.

DER KAISER used a riff from QUEENSRYCHE's 'NM156' on 'L'Arene' (from 'La Griffe De L'Empire'), the part after the softer intro, it's simply a bit faster and more prominent.