Same Riff??? (Riff-Off)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DMR

Post by DMR »

The riff before the chorus in Attack's Indian Lady is from Aces High.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The lead riff of BRIDE's "Show No Mercy" is hauntingly similar to BROCAS HELM's "Time Of The Dark", though I pray & hope it's only a coincident :(
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Now that you mentioned BRIDE, if i remember correctly the riff of "The first will be last" on the debut is quite similar to DEF LEPPARD's "Billy's got a gun".

Same thing with SORTILEGE's "Gladiateur".
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

DMR wrote:The riff before the chorus in Attack's Indian Lady is from Aces High.
So true,you're right.Almost cloned i may say so

a)Raven - Faster Than The Speed Of Light
Helloween - Starlight

Check out the vocal lines and the backing riffs on both songs.Almost identical

b)Accept - Neon Nights
Velvet Viper - Can't remember the song but if you check out V.V.'s debut you'll find a song that has an 100% inentical verse to Neon Nights

c)Bathory - The sword
Manowar - Blood Of My Enemies

I'm pretty damn sure that Quorthon took a very close look(or listening if you prefer)to Manowar's titanic classic..........Similarities can be found on both structure,riff and vocal lines

d)Anvil - Show me your tits
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades

Ok,no words needed.Not a rip off as far as riffing is concerned(although there are similarities)but the whole stracture is photocopied!Nevertheless "Show Me Your Tits"is an Anvil crush Metal classic and something their female fans should do in everyconcert of the band!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

CAST IRON's EP is a riff by riff copy paste from the first RUNNING WILD albums. No point in mentioning which song steals which, anyone who has heard carefully the first RW albums will notice them almost instantly.

Or should that be posted in the new Tribute thread instead? :?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
daniel

Post by daniel »

That is true, it's funny they even mention any other influences :roll:

But still cool to have a band like that around I think.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

ION BRITTON wrote:CAST IRON's EP is a riff by riff copy paste from the first RUNNING WILD albums. No point in mentioning which song steals which, anyone who has heard carefully the first RW albums will notice them almost instantly.

Or should that be posted in the new Tribute thread instead? :?
Haha,yeah you're right but then again as Daniel said it's cool to have suck bands around nowadays.

I my self haven't figured out why they mention other bands as influences,haha...

Leather and Metal is a killer.Ok,it may be a "Chains And Leather" rip off but then again "Chains And Leather" is a "Take On The World" rip off.......
All i need is a lady
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Witchkiller wrote:but then again "Chains And Leather" is a "Take On The World" rip off.......
Not what'd you call a shameless rip-off though. Heavily influnced, but also 100x more powerful and darker. "Take on the world" doesn't sound like if it was recorded in a cave.

Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:but then again "Chains And Leather" is a "Take On The World" rip off.......
Not what'd you call a shameless rip-off though. Heavily influnced, but also 100x more powerful and darker. "Take on the world" doesn't sound like if it was recorded in a cave.
Ok,then let's just say that Rock'n'Rolf "modified" the song :wink:
All i need is a lady
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Ascending bit on Malmsteen's "I'll See the Light Tonight" ->
Ascending bit on Cradle of Filth demo song "As My Stomach Churns".
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Me + Vinny Black just noticed this scoop:

The lead riff of THE BEAST's "The Beast" (Power Metal EP) is exactly the same as JAGUAR's "Axe Crazy".
GJ

Post by GJ »

Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned (where it takes a rest and speeds up) and Omega (the hungarian seventies one) - Stormy Fire (main theme)

Probably not "riffs" in a proper sense but still it's the same chord progression and a sharing of sound and ideas of arrangement. The importance of respective underlying rhythm patterns - Iron Maiden galloping (what else!) while Omega are sort of bouncing (in the typical ol' western-civilisation-goes-exotic way). I would really like to hear Iron Maiden cover the Omega song and arrange it into Children of the Damned.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think I've seen the Hungarian OMEGA referenced as one of Steve Harris' old faves, so you might very well be onto something there. Can't offer a 2nd opinion though since I don't own any Omega albums.
Blood RED

Post by Blood RED »

Deep Purple's Child in time , the first part sung by Gillan is the same with It's a beautiful day's "Bombay calling" violin intro... Anybody knowing the story of it? Classical music etc. BC is older than CIT for sure...

And Cryer's day to day first riff reminds me of bob seger's turn the page...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Heh yeah had forgot to mention that one, which reminded me of another DP rip-off; the riff in 'Black Night' is lifted from the Blues Magoos' 'We Ain't Got Nothing Yet'.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.