Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Vaggelis wrote:The second track ''Vrati'' is the also feautred in the cassette it's the first track from 1994 translated as ''doors'' although i think the right translation must be ''gates''.
"Doors" is the correct translation for vrati. "Gates" = porti in Bulgarian
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

I don't know if the great Bulgarian thrash band IRA DEUM was already mentioned but if they weren't then you guys have to check them out. They released a couple of kick ass thrash albums.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I saw their guitar player the other day, he lives in Los Angeles nowadays.
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Cool what's he doing in LA? Man those Ira Deum albums are the shit. I blasted them in the car earlier on the way to our company xmas party. lol
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

He is working there, he is a 2nd generation artist (his dad drew the cover for Anger of the Gods).
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Hm...wonder why noone ever mentioned Exhumator yet? This one man Death/Thrash machine belongs to the bulgarian Metal scene more than Impulse imo. He'd never changed his style during all the years he's making music (late 80's). If you like Kreator you need to check out his first tape! And then the style got even more rude. He's a real phenomenon...not sure if he ever put out CD's, everything that I have are tapes. But for Thrashers it's a real revelation in contrary to what the big Thrash bands produced in the 90's.

Also some of Milena's early 90's stuff is Heavy Rock...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Darksider wrote:Hm...wonder why noone ever mentioned Exhumator yet?
Yeah, him! Heard Teror last year & enjoyed it. That Biophobia tape's a good'un too.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

http://bulgarianmetal.blogspot.com/
Everyone interested might check here for more Bulgarian bands. Support the pal.
http://deadvoiddream.blogspot.com/
Dead Void Dreams Webzine
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

That's very interesting. I'll check it out even if it seems to be mostly Black and Death metal bands, which is rarely to my taste.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

That's very interesting. I'll check it out even if it seems to be mostly Black and Death metal bands, which is rarely to my taste.
I don't know personally the guy behind this blog, neither his agenda but I'd assume these are some of his favorites,so that might be the explanation. Can I suggest Powerdrive and Agresor to everyone as my top picks from the list?
http://deadvoiddream.blogspot.com/
Dead Void Dreams Webzine
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

stormspell wrote:I've never seen this tape showing up in any store recently. Not that there are many second hand stores in Bulgaria to start with, so probably there are tons of people with such tapes put somewhere to collect dust on shelves.
:cry:
DaN wrote:Got my ICEBERG lp yesterday and had a thorough listen. I like it. Half of it is good melodic Metal of the restrained & timid "Melodia"-kind I've grown to like a lot in later years, so I'm very happy to have found it.. I'd say it's very similar to IMPULSE's "Gladiator" LP, both in style & quality.
Great, another addition to my wants list. Thanks Dan.
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Stormspell what's the first Impulse LP like? The LP cover looks hilarious.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Astaroth wrote:Stormspell what's the first Impulse LP like? The LP cover looks hilarious.
Art-rock. Here's the biggest hit on the LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLmcwwV1eY
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

You mention that you've never seen the Iceberg LP - is it that rare?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Split and merged from zeuhl's trade thread. /Mod

First EPIZOD is on RTM and very hard to find. Second is on Riva Sound and still shows up time to time.

I've talked to Simeon (RTM boss and bass player of Epizod) but they had no interest of re-releasing the early albums. If they do it, they want to re-record them with the current vocalist, which is a bull of course and I'm not interested in such arrangement.

We're going to re-release IRA DEUM's first two albums most probably.

Here's a picture of tapes I have at my disposal. I'm willing to get rid of those BIOPHOBIA's if anyone is interested. The rest all are keepers, I'm afraid - some great obscure shit like COMATOSE.

Image[/url]