Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Hands down the best band photo I've seen in a LONG time.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

bastard priest wrote:I wonder if this DVD was released or not???
It was available as digital download only from the band's website for $2 (paid via SMS). However, I just checked and it is not listed there anymore...
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

I want you guys to ask about your opinion on AGRESOR-Idoli Na Stradanieto.I think this band reminds so much on old SEPULTURA(Arise more less Beneath The Remains) which for me isn't a good thing since SEPULTURA don't like so.

CRASH on contrast remind of DESTRUCTION old days(Infernal Overkill minus the prima guitar sound) which is awesome thing.

ABSOLJUT demo from Veliko Tarnovo am curious about it?Anyone has it can upload it in poisonoise?Opinions?
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

I got "Pogled Nazad Kym Bydeshteto" tape of Agresor and I didn't like it back in 90'es. Maybe I must give it another spin someday but it was too much prog-mambo-jambo...
Ira Deum has a new album that you download for free since somebody rip-offed them with cd editing. Nothing special.
Absolut : Nqkyde Zad Stenite. I have a few songs only on mp3. Bulgarian lyrics are always plus, but too clean thrash. And terrible cover art :
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

CRASH remind me much more of Morbid Saint than Destruction.

If you want bands similar to old Sepultura, you should look for 5-ta Invalidna Brigada (5th Cripple Band) and Successor (ex-Cassandra).

Best Bulgarian thrash bands, in order of greatness, in my personal opinion of course: SPLEEN, ELECTRIC SHOCK, BEDSTVEN RAYON (Disaster Area), ER MALAK
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

stormspell wrote:COMATOSE - ExDead, Riva-Sound 1993 - Mystique exotic power metal dwelling in places previously occupied by Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Psychotic Waltz, and occasionally going to Testament/Intruder realms.

SOLARIS - Spastime, Wizard 1997 - As with majority of Bulgarian releases this is a compilation of material spanning back to mid-80s. Quirky prog-power metal with the most insane eunuch vocalist giving SOLAR EAGLE run for their money :lol:

SIDER - Labyrinth, Self-released 1997 - Techincal progressive speed metal. Think of early Dream Theater with extra keyboards and some early Blind Guardian mixed in.

I've put a small player with some tunes to check out if interested:

http://www.divshare.com/download/15692504-d6a

_
SIDER is by far the best Bulgarian metal band I've heard but Comatose and Solaris are completely new names for me and based on your description they seem to be down my alley.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I listened your sampler and Comatose struck out as better one. The vocals sound kind of tired but the music was interesting. Solaris sounded pretty second rate I think. Nothing special about the music and singer didn't do it for me even though I love Solar Eagle's vocals :)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

SIDER have second unreleased album. Sadly they don't seem interested in their power/speed metal roots anymore. They've changed their name to "Fat White Chiefs" and play mainstream melodic/hard rock
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Hmm let's make a top Bulgarian list by order.

1)AHAT-Pohodt
2)ICEBERG-Heretic(The song Balada Za Skitnika and of course Haven't You Got Tired(what's the balgarski title?) are two of the best metal tracks in metal history!!!)
3)ER MALAK-Er Malak
4)EPIZOD-Molete Se
5)ERA-Split 89
6)CONCURRENT-Split 89
7)IMPULSE-Gladiator
8)TROTYL-Lunatic
9)CRASH-Unreal Dreams(the band has bootleg also recordings from 1989!)
10)AGRESOR-Ljubov I Krv
11)NIGHTMARE-Demo 91

i have heard 10-15 bands more but i think are too mediocre.

In the end i try too write down the lyrics of Have You Got Tired track!Please don't laugh but for years it is my favourite Bulgarian song(AND NOT ONLY)!.If someone can help me with the correct ones i'll be grateful!

Ne seli u morihte
I ja feli proeni
Pomen e da varvite
To myslite zamene
A Drsim te o vora
So ba ka mi ne ravna
Kogato ses no sporja
Se ses ve si o davna

Kogato ot vinava
Se na vi krus kavuta
Kogato vi priznava
To en na da zavuda

Kogato berz rizmenija
Iz mi katastrevoga
Sna morse hte bez mene
No as bez las ne moga
Duri i u moreni
Se ga bez las ne moga
Duri kogato strada
Da myslite zamen

Refrain
Ne seli u morihte
Ne ne ne
Ne seli u morihte
Ne ne ne
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Haven't you've got tired = Ne se li umorihte

Beyond that, your lyrics don't make much sense to me, sorry :)
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Ne se li umorihte
Priyateli broeni
Do mene da varvite
Da mislite za mene

Da tyrsite opora
V sydbata mi neravna
Koyato e vsyshnost moya
Za sebesi otdavna

Kogato otminava
S edna vihrushka luda
Kogato vi priznava
Porednata zabluda

Kogato byrzo smenya
Usmihkata s trevoga
Da mojehte bez mene
No az bez vas nemoga

Dori i umoreni
Sega bez vas ne moga
Dori kogato stradam
Da mislite za men

Refrain
Ne se li umorihte
Ne ne ne
Ne se li umorihte
Ne ne ne

Unfortunatelly I got only bad mp3 files and some of the words can be wrong. Aisberg was on the bands who played at festival in small town Pirdop where I lived in 89. ERA was great and also another band which never can't find any infos ATILLA. They were from Sofia if I remember right...
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Thank you a lot for your time to find for me the right spelling.

Ah i forgot to add EXHUMATOR i think the 2nd demo is very good and deserves to be listened.
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

No prob :) in fact thanks to you that you put Aisberg again in my playlist. I need to find an original copy, those mp3 are terrible.
Zero

Post by Zero »

stormspell wrote:SIDER have second unreleased album. Sadly they don't seem interested in their power/speed metal roots anymore. They've changed their name to "Fat White Chiefs" and play mainstream melodic/hard rock
Wasn't that more of a split? From what I recall, a couple of band members wanted to go in a direction which the rest weren't willing to, so they split off to become the new band which eventually developed into Fat White Chiefs.

Still, wasn't aware that Sider had another album recorded, it's a pity if that doesn't get released somehow. They're a band that seemed to be doing something very interesting with the old technical thrash metal formula, and it'd be interesting to see where they went on from their debut, although to be fair perhaps the tensions came up while recording that second album.

Other than that, thanks for mentioning Comatose. From what I've heard of them previously ('Two-Dimensional World,' I think), they definitely seem to have had an interesting sound. That song almost reminded me of Omnitron in a way. I just noticed your sampler, so I'll give that a listen as well, thank you.
The flames of love and meaning will burn on without me,
I am only ashes and dust.
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

here are a lot of clips and live from 80es BG rock/punk/metal such as Milena, ERA
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8F96CE9C2C876DD0
and some AXAT live from 88 and 90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTvgCAAZxQ
and a clip Sbogom Detsvo from 87:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH_0NdSg ... ure=relmfu