Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Astaroth wrote:If you ever unearth those Impulse tapes with the GOAL GOAL GOAL track I'd love to hear it for comedy purposes alone. Is it similar to the Ricky Martin Ole Ole Ole song? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bulgariancds.com/c/sl-e/mid- ... rinov.html

Almost didn't recognize him with his hair. Stormspell perhaps you can rerelease some of his chalga hits? :lol:
The tapes are here - they are original Riva sound pressing from 1994 with big inserts with lyrics, if I recall correctly. In fact I got a whole bunch of Bulgarian tapes which remained unsold after I deleted the MC section from my distro. I just need to dig them and will rip it off for you to hear.

Veselin Marinov is a multi-millionaire now, he is Payner Music recording artist with sales of 500,000+ per album and sold-out stadiums when he is on tour.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Stormspell:Too bad you've missed Stormwitch back those days they are one of my fave bands too.Was this event broadcasted by Bulgarian TV?And that
of Accept if i am not mistaken?How many people witnessed the show?

I knew that Ahat's guitarist had became Priest(something like the Greek band InnerWish where the mainman became Priest too after the first album)but did he regrets about his metallic past?As far as i know Ahat's lyrics doesn't seem so anti-religious.Too bad Ahat didn't wrote any more good songs but again can tracks like ''Черната Овца'' or ''Земя На Слепци'' be written again?I doubt so by
most metal bands.

I didn't knew the story about Impulse but i knew that something bad has this band.Anyway i like their LP a lot.Many bands released great LPs with the story like IMPULSE's but what to do?Metal at this time was something like a trend.Anyway the fact that Marinov is so successful is surprising.Does he regrets about his metallic past,does he mention his former band?

Bulgarian Football team was very good at 90's.Our team at 90's sucked.

Astaroth:What's your name and where do you live?Gia pes re ponire ti exoun autes oi poleis?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Talion/Stormwitch/C.C.Catch was an open air event in a place called "Leten Teatr" and as far as I know it hasnt been televized.

first ACCEPT show was in 1993 if I remember correctly and there were some parts shown on some TV programs as far as I recall.

I was lucky to be in Bulgaria for the very last official ACCEPT show ever (in Kavarna open air festival) and it was amazing!

I dont know if Bojo Glavev regretted being in Ahat. I doubt it since he is still firends with the band. AHAT are well known with the fact of having Bojo's guitar on their stage every time they play - hooked and all ready to be played. It is a gesture of neverdying friendship I respect them very much for.

Marinov was hired vocalist and I doubt he ever felt a part of Impulse. In fact the only core member was Iliya Kunchev, all the rest hit the revolving door very hard and very often. No one knows for sure who played in Impulse and when. This is because they were known to play on playback and always miscredited, so it is unclear which musicians played on which songs. By the way Nikolo Kotzev (Brazen Abbott) and Orlin "Lynch" Radinski (Era, Er Malak, Phenomena) were playing in Impulse at some time among countless others, so it is possible they did play on some songs on "Gladiator" too.

As well as there is a rumor that Vesko Marinov has quit earlier and Gerogi Eneev sang the vocals on the LP (later moved to Czechoslovakia and joined TITANIC).

Whatever the lineup, they were cool live, and yes, they did play on playback, or at least some instruments were - I saw them in Vidin city in 1990 and they did not even have a drummer on stage (it was in a small club and they pretended the drummer is hidden behind the stage, haha!).

My favourite live band from that period is BTR, and ER MALAK of course - though ER MALAK were huge and played only on big venues (5,000+ capacity). Epizod too, but they didnt play very often.
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Bulgarian Football team was very good at 90's.Our team at 90's sucked.

Astaroth:What's your name and where do you live?Gia pes re ponire ti exoun autes oi poleis?
Den eime toso poneiros, mono ligaki :lol:

I'm actually a displaced Greek/Bulgarian living on a floating island in the end of the world.

@ stormspell "I saw them in Vidin city in 1990 and they did not even have a drummer on stage (it was in a small club and they pretended the drummer is hidden behind the stage, haha!)" that's the best ever hahaha!

Imo Er Malak were the best (musically speaking) band from that era and their LP remains in the top East Euro metal LP's ever.
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Just listening to a song from the first Epizod album at their homepage. Great stuff!! Are the two first albums (tapes, right?) available anywhere by a chance?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I noticed that on the metal-archives there's no information about the first Iceberg (Aisberg) Lp, released in 1988

Here's (thanx to my friend ifrankyman) a good rip of the Lp with scans of front and back

Nothing special...some good metal moments, even some proto-thrash riff but completely ruined by an awful poppish voice that is really out of place. But it deserves a listen

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZKTZ063

I am looking for the following tapes, somebody who can help me?

Agoniya: 1876 (Including Demo 1992)
Malformation: Stench of God Rehearsal Demo 1992
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

zeuhl wrote:Just listening to a song from the first Epizod album at their homepage. Great stuff!! Are the two first albums (tapes, right?) available anywhere by a chance?
Nope. The band has a new image now and dont want those albums to be re-released. I dont like the first one much with those funny vocals, but the second one is the most dark and intense doomy metal in Bulgarian history.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

jnfernal wrote:I noticed that on the metal-archives there's no information about the first Iceberg (Aisberg) Lp, released in 1988

Here's (thanx to my friend ifrankyman) a good rip of the Lp with scans of front and back

Nothing special...some good metal moments, even some proto-thrash riff but completely ruined by an awful poppish voice that is really out of place.
Yeah, this is the so elusive ICEBERG LP from 1987. Probably the most rare Bugarian LP of all. I never saw a copy of it in my life (and I've seen countless copies of AHAT).

The songs sound turdy due the awful "waffle" electronic drumkit and shitty "radio-friendly" production. Live those songs were quite different.

I am looking for the following tapes, somebody who can help me?
Agoniya: 1876 (Including Demo 1992)
The demo is great crunchy occult dark metal a-la early Mercyful Fate. The album 1876 however is nothing special. Make me irresistible offer and this tape could be yours:

Malformation: Stench of God Rehearsal Demo 1992
I have no idea what this is. Death metal?
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

stormspell wrote: The demo is great crunchy occult dark metal a-la early Mercyful Fate.
Is there a chance to check that out?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Now that I've bought a new Nakamichi tape deck, I guess I can test it out and rip off the tape over the weekend.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

stormspell wrote:Now that I've bought a new Nakamichi tape deck, I guess I can test it out and rip off the tape over the weekend.
This reminds me: Do you (or anyone else) have the TROTYL tape? The single is absolutely superb imo. Moodfilled "NWOBHM" on the A-side and grand Dark Quarterer-like epic stuff on the flip.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Here it is, the Trotyl's "Nosh" Tape 1995

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PT2U93JJ

with scans of the cover included

I don't like this tape particularly as it sounds too much "nu-metal"/metalcore, and it's not my cup of tea.

According to my researches it should be a collection tape (in the vein of the Aisberg/Iceberg and Richari Na Ognya/Knights Of Fire tapes or the Oberun and first Exhumator tapes) with recordings from early 1990 to 1995. It should be confirmed by the inner credits, with different line-ups for each song, different guitar players, bass players and vocalists. But there's no info at all about the recording years. For sure, listening to each song, there are different sounds and recordings.

Probably Stormspell can translate the inner booklet, though I doubt there is any particular information in it. It looks like a simple biography with any further detailed informations about the songs contained in this tape.

enjoy this superb rip supplied by my friend frankyman!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

in addiction to the Trotyl tape here's another present for you (it's easter, so why not make some nice present :D)

Off the Impuls collection tape 1984-1994 I found the only 2 metal songs not featured anywhere else:

-Gladiator (live version 1988)
-Vsekidnevie (1987 version, different from the Lp)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VGXCT7LO

as I said, they are the only 2 metal songs appearing on the compilation tape. All the other songs are awful pop songs in the vein of their first 2-3 releases.

Hope you enjoy them!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, according to the TROTIL insert the album was recorded "in 5 days during May 1995"
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

yes...that's what I could understand too. But it seems strange to me.
First of all there are different quality recordings all along the tape and - as you can see - there are several different line ups for almost every song, with different vocalists and guitarists....

Probably - but that's my opinion - those songs recorded in 5 days in 1995 are just the newest songs, and there's no data information about the other recordings.