Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Vaggelis

Re: Bulgarian Metal

Post by Vaggelis »

Thank so much about SLAVJANIJE and for the ACCENT tracks.
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

don't know if it was mentioned before, but be sure to check out Phonoexpress who delivered a fantastic Rock LP back in 1982 out of which this track stands out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpjJ4AJdnw
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Impuls line up from 1986 (probably) with Denis(2.) and Zvezdi(4.) from Ahat and Orlin Radinski(3.) from Er Malak. This line up never recorded anything as far as I know.
Last edited by bastard priest on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

The Ripper wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:01 pm don't know if it was mentioned before, but be sure to check out Phonoexpress who delivered a fantastic Rock LP back in 1982 out of which this track stands out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpjJ4AJdnw
What a fantastic song!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The Ripper wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:01 pm don't know if it was mentioned before, but be sure to check out Phonoexpress who delivered a fantastic Rock LP back in 1982 out of which this track stands out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpjJ4AJdnw
BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF???? Amazing song ... like those late 80's/early 90's russian LP's, but from 1983 .. LOL
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Prowler wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm
BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF???? Amazing song ... like those late 80's/early 90's russian LP's, but from 1983 .. LOL
Yes exactly!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thanks for sharing both the Phonoexpress song and especially Slavjani. The latter was excellent.

Found some other songs from Phonoexpress which were nowhere near as good, not unexpectedly. The song linked to here was very enjoyable. I'm sure everyone here is very familiar with albums with one or a couple of actual metal songs while the rest are... something else.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Finally got around to review this ugly/külty platter:

Vinyl rip courtesy of aDmiNistructor:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
I'd say at least half the album is reeeeally good!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:32 pm Finally got around to review this ugly/külty platter:

Vinyl rip courtesy of aDmiNistructor:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
I'd say at least half the album is reeeeally good!
Huge thanks for this. I went through this several times, and it is very compeling album. Actually so much so, that I was tempted to write about it as "killer melodic metal". It went on my wantlist despite of it being impossibly rare. Prowler, do you perhaps have a spare copy?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

B.T.R., barely mentioned in this thread so far, played really nice speed metal on its first album. Well, at least at times, and also their efforts were marred by substandard production:

Prowler

Post by Prowler »

bastard priest wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:03 pm Image

Impuls line up from 1986 (probably) with Denis(2.) and Zvezdi(4.) from Ahat and Orlin Radinski(3.) from Er Malak. This line up never recorded anything as far as I know.
You're sure the second guy from left isn't "Evil Chuck"?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:37 pm You're sure the second guy from left isn't "Evil Chuck"?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Probably not, but I'm 96% sure the guy in the middle is my old junior high chemistry teacher.