VESTAL CLARET

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
wyzard

VESTAL CLARET

Post by wyzard »

Has anyone heard the VESTAL CLARET demo?
mordred

Post by mordred »

The Vestal Claret demo is essentially a pre production demo for the HOUR OF 13 album that has recently been released. The album absolutely DESTROYS. Killer occult, eerie doomed metal in the vein of the first PAGAN ALTAR album.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
wyzard

Post by wyzard »

Thanks man for the info!
swayingball

Post by swayingball »

mordred wrote:The Vestal Claret demo is essentially a pre production demo for the HOUR OF 13 album that has recently been released. The album absolutely DESTROYS. Killer occult, eerie doomed metal in the vein of the first PAGAN ALTAR album.
Actually the Vestal Claret demo only shares the lyrics with Hour of 13. The music and vocal melodies are completely different compositions. The Vestal Claret demo was a pre-production recording of the Vestal Claret debut that never saw the light of day. Completely different record outside the lyrics.
Upwards of Endtime, Vestal Claret, Seamount, Earhlord and x-Atlantean Kodex.
mordred

Post by mordred »

swayingball wrote:Actually the Vestal Claret demo only shares the lyrics with Hour of 13. The music and vocal melodies are completely different compositions. The Vestal Claret demo was a pre-production recording of the Vestal Claret debut that never saw the light of day. Completely different record outside the lyrics.
Oh, thanks for correcting me, I didn't realize that. Then I definetely have to take a listen to the Vestal Claret demo! I really liked the two songs on the split with Atlantean Kodex, but I think I enjoy the Hour of 13 album even more.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
swayingball

Post by swayingball »

mordred wrote:
swayingball wrote:Actually the Vestal Claret demo only shares the lyrics with Hour of 13. The music and vocal melodies are completely different compositions. The Vestal Claret demo was a pre-production recording of the Vestal Claret debut that never saw the light of day. Completely different record outside the lyrics.
Oh, thanks for correcting me, I didn't realize that. Then I definetely have to take a listen to the Vestal Claret demo! I really liked the two songs on the split with Atlantean Kodex, but I think I enjoy the Hour of 13 album even more.
The Hour of 13 is much more solid and focused. Lots of hooks and a very enjoyable record IMO. The split Vestal Claret tracks share a bit of that but the full length Vestal Claret demo is a bit lengthy and disjointed in comparison. It has its moments but the Hour 13 is far superior for sure.
Upwards of Endtime, Vestal Claret, Seamount, Earhlord and x-Atlantean Kodex.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Thanks for clearing that up.

The HOUR OF 13 is fucking deadly! I think the vocals are really well done on this record too. It turned out amazing... the mastering sounds fucking enormous!!!!! Wait till you get a chance to turn it up on your record player.
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

Woops double post!! :oops:
Last edited by nar marratuk on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

The HOUR OF 13 lp is a mammoth release!!! Crushing 70's/80's metal with a distinct doom flavour. If you love albums like "sad wings of destiny", "death penalty" etc you really need to hear this. One of the best I've heard in ages. Those riffs are to die for!!! and Phil Swanson's vocals sound better than ever.
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...