Albums that you can listen to from beginning to end

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Albums that you can listen to from beginning to end

Post by Avenger »

You know the absolute gems of your collection that you can play at any time and actually listen to from beginning to end without having to skip a single song.

Lets see some lists.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'd have to say just about all of my albums I feel are like this. When I listen to them, I listen to the entire thing even if I have to rough it thorugh a couple tracks.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Same here.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I always listen to an album in its full lenght... at leats those I have in my collection
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Have to agree with these guys this is the only way I listen to all my releases it feels I don't know unwholesome listening to just a few tracks on a record then putting it back :? :P

I think he may mean more which albums can we listen to from start to finish and like on a consistent level of enjoyment?

Anything by Running Wild upto 1997, Most consistent band in the world has never ever done a ballad either.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I can listen to these any day in any mood from start to finish...

VENOM - WELCOME TO HELL
VOIVOD - KILLING TECHNOLOGY & NOTHINGFACE
KILLING JOKE - BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS
SAVATAGE - HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING
BOC - AGENTS OF FORTUNE
most/all RUSH, THIN LIZZY, BUDGIE etc...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I listen to 95% of my albums entirely.
The only exception is when I make home-compilations when I have to travel by road or by train.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:I listen to 95% of my albums entirely.
The only exception is when I make home-compilations when I have to travel by road or by train.
Exactly the same here :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I must be the exception here as i listen only to 20% of my albums in their entirety. The album must RIP TOO MUCH to listen to it from start to finish and there are really few of that kind, according to my standards of course.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
tomas

Post by tomas »

Am I the only one who prefers listening to an album one side at a time? Yesterday I listened to the A sides of Acid, Vulcano, ... And today, the B sides are up!! I don't do it like this all the time, but definitely a lot.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tomas wrote:Am I the only one who prefers listening to an album one side at a time? Yesterday I listened to the A sides of Acid, Vulcano, ... And today, the B sides are up!! I don't do it like this all the time, but definitely a lot.
I do that often when I listen to vinyl LP's. But with CD's I usually listen to the whole record. I only skip if I just want to listen to a select song.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I think it would've been better to ask which albums you CAN'T listen from beggining to end.
Those albums that have a bunch of great songs, but there's a coule of track that suck, like Witchfinder General's "Friends Of Hell", for example.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I can hardly remember the last time I skipped a song when listening to an album.
It was probably "Black Arrows" last time I listened to Hail to England. :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Good call on Running Wild! Very consistent band that rarely (until recently) did a bad song

I play most albums all the way through, though with vinyl I do sometimes play albums one side at a time.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I guess I have higher standards than most. I'd say that out of the several thousand albums in my collection maybe 30-40% have track lists that are awesome in their entirety. Having to strain to get through the weak tracks doesn't make for an enjoyable experience for me...