2008 New releases

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Black Axe wrote: It's called "El Rostro de la Muerte" ('The Face of Death).
Here's the covera art:
Repka went epic? No, i need more of that post-apocalyptic/nuclear-holocaust ominous masterpieces of the past!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Abyss wrote:
Cochino wrote:Looks and sounds awesome!
Lo estaré esperando
You gonna review chaos and brutality? your Assassins of War review was dead on.
Well, thanks for the comment. I wrote that review for my 'zine. About chaos and brutality, I'm not sure. After all there's a bunch of re-recordings and stuff. It's a collection item, but I'm not sure if it's review material.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ADX will release his new album in 2008, it will be called "Division Blindée", I'm very impatient to hear it !!
DMR

Post by DMR »

The Hellhammer demos will be released as a double CD. That might be of interest.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

DMR wrote:The Hellhammer demos will be released as a double CD. That might be of interest.
I've read on some forum that the demos will be released as an opulent oversized double CD and as a gatefold triple vinyl album.

The release is scheduled for February 2008, through Prowling Death Records/Century Media.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Forsaken, Isole and Ereb Altor will have albums out. Hopefully Lord Vicar and The Gates of Slumber too.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:The Gates of Slumber too.
It's a fact. They will release a new album next year. :!:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

mordred wrote:Ereb Altor will have albums out.
interesting bandname. Quite weird actually. It would be fine if music would be weird too. With some Dwarr elements :wink:
I am ... the One you warned me of
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Looking forward to the upcoming ARCHENEMY 12" on Hells Headbangers -- the 1986 L.A. death metal godz, not the Swedish band.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Noisenik wrote:
interesting bandname. Quite weird actually. It would be fine if music would be weird too. With some Dwarr elements :wink:
That band name is (probably) taken from a Swedish roleplaying game called Drakar och Demoner. Used to play it quite a lot way back.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Good way to start a new year!
Ulysses Siren's classic 80s Bay Area Thrash album "Above the Ashes" shall be available for the first time ever on vinyl! Exclusively released by Shaxul/Relentless, the Gatefold Vinyl will include the classic 1985 "Terrorist Attack" Demo on side A and of course their 1987 Demo on side B. Featuring John Torres of Heathen and Manny Lopez of Bacchus, this is one of the great lost 80s Thrash Metal classics of Bay Area history and fans of this style should take note. New artwork has been assembled from the Bay Area Thrash Metal archives to compliment the music, including many old flyers, demo tape covers, and original art used for US shows in the 80s. Limited to 500 and the first 100 will be on black vinyl with red splatter. Available February 1st, 2008. To pre-order email shaxul@comcast.net with shipping address.

Please visit Ulysses Siren on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ulyssessiren
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Noisenik wrote:
That band name is (probably) taken from a Swedish roleplaying game called Drakar och Demoner. Used to play it quite a lot way back.
Thankz, Knut. I like the name - the combination of syllables is promising. I hope that gamey connotations adds sth to the weirdness of the outcome.

@nabel: regarding US: Definitely! :)
I am ... the One you warned me of
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Morbid Tapes wrote:Looking forward to the upcoming ARCHENEMY 12" on Hells Headbangers -- the 1986 L.A. death metal godz, not the Swedish band.
I'm also looking forward to that one.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DMR wrote:The Hellhammer demos will be released as a double CD. That might be of interest.
I also hope it appears on vinyl.
Long Live The Loud !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

cool this Ulysses Siren lp will come out. I was supposed to do it some years ago, but they wanted a $1000 cash for the vinyl license so I had to cancel the deal. This was double the $$ from the initial arrangement I made with the band.
nabel wrote:Good way to start a new year!
Ulysses Siren's classic 80s Bay Area Thrash album "Above the Ashes" shall be available for the first time ever on vinyl! Exclusively released by Shaxul/Relentless, the Gatefold Vinyl will include the classic 1985 "Terrorist Attack" Demo on side A and of course their 1987 Demo on side B. Featuring John Torres of Heathen and Manny Lopez of Bacchus, this is one of the great lost 80s Thrash Metal classics of Bay Area history and fans of this style should take note. New artwork has been assembled from the Bay Area Thrash Metal archives to compliment the music, including many old flyers, demo tape covers, and original art used for US shows in the 80s. Limited to 500 and the first 100 will be on black vinyl with red splatter. Available February 1st, 2008. To pre-order email shaxul@comcast.net with shipping address.

Please visit Ulysses Siren on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ulyssessiren