Mortician?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Mortician?

Post by Cochino »

I know that a lot of you would like to ban me for naming this band in this forum, but i would like to know if I'm not alone in this.
I'm a huge Mortician fan (I admit that the last few releases were kinda cash-grabbers, but stuff like their EPs, Hacked Up For Barbecue and Domain Of Death are classic to me), but all the Mortician lovers I know, just like it because is so noisy, but when I start talking about the songs, they don't know what the fuck I'm talking about! It seems they only say they like it 'cause is so br00tl (fucking idiots).
I just wanted to know if somebody with a developed taste in metal actually likes this band as I do.
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

Most of their catalog is crap to me, but Hacked Up for Barbeque is pretty good.... Wouldn't mind getting a copy of that on vinyl. After all it is probably their most musically "metal" album (that I've heard) and it does have a few killer riffs through out.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Pheeew, I thought I was gonna collect a landslide of insults, but I see you took it seriously.

Yeah, Hacked Up.. is their best LP, but I actually like the EPs better, like Zombie Apocalypse, or Brutally Mutilated.
metalmartyrdoom

Like I said, I haven't heard much by them and that's mostly because after hearing a couple of their releases and being completely turned off by them(with the exception of Hacked...), so I felt no reason to dig deeper. However, if those earlier ep's are as good as you say, they might be worth checking out.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Actually, there's a bunch of the songs that were re-recorded in Hacked... but I like the rawer sound on the EP's. So I would only reccomend you to check out Zombie Apocalypse, because they are all "exclusive" songs. It even includes some cool versions of F.O.D. of Slaughter (Can) and Horrified of Repulsion
metalmartyrdoom

Interesting... its always great to hear covers of the masters of grind Repulsion. Cheers for the tip
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

I tough you were talking about the austrian heavy metal band :) Mortician (US) sucks... They can do better than that, on the other hand their CD covers are very cool 8)
Keep politics OUT of this forum
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

That's a subject for the "Bands with the same name" post, hehe.
That's pretty much the first reply I expected.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

saw them once in '99. Even allowing for the fact that I don't like grind, they were one of the worst bands I've ever seen.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Cochino wrote:Pheeew, I thought I was gonna collect a landslide of insults, but I see you took it seriously.
We don't insult anyone. I have Zombie Apocalypse on cd which is pretty killer, it's not something I spin very often but it's no crap in my book. There's a lot of 90's modern death metal/grind I like, for instance Haemorrhage (superb), early Deranged, Machetazo, Kadath, Malignancy, Deaden (Hymns of the sick is very sick and bloody great), Dahmer, Disgorge (mex) and stuff like that. I don't like things like Severe Torture, Disavowed (Holland has a crap scene), Dying Fetus etc, those bands are all the same, no killers, only fillers
Long Live The Loud !!!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Final Bloodbath Session is probably the best. Actual physical human drumming & no overlong film interludes.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Never heard that band... Mortician from Austria is VERY good though!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Final Bloodbath Session is probably the best. Actual physical human drumming & no overlong film interludes.
That's taking almost all of the personality of the band away, haha.
Actually I liked the "real drumming" but I love the film intros, so I missed those.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Dawnwatcher wrote:Never heard that band... Mortician from Austria is VERY good though!
TRUE Mortician(AUT) is the real thing the first and the only ones that deserve to carry such a name! :shock:
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

I bought a Mortician CD a super long time ago.."Zombie Apocalypse" maybe in 7th grade or something. I thought they were really cool at the time. I really couldn't see myself listening to them now..I don't listen to any type of grindcore at all though.