V12

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sovdat

V12

Post by sovdat »

Didn't find anyhitn on metalpage or using the search here + metal-archives seems to be down at the moment, so to everyone, what is this? Maybe anyone who could upload it?

Here's the description from ebay:

Here’s your chance to win the V12 LP, a METAL MEGA RARITY from PORTUGAL who is very sought after by Metal collectors worldwide.
This first album was released in 1990 but this band from the Lisbon suburbs already made an impression with their concert circuit and 1988 demo “Born to die” still with their old singer Rafael. At this time they played a fine underground Epic Metal style mixed with Speed/Thrash in the vein of early Manowar, Manilla Road, Omen and early Exodus. When original singer left, the place was filled by Martins, a new singer who brought to the band a new image and new sound. They moved to the new breed of Progressive Speed/Thrash that was taking place at the time in the U.S. Technical Speed Metal with high pitched vocals was now their trademark. Fans of Liege Lord, Fates Warning and Flotsam and Jetsam will love this!
After this album that sold badly due to bad label promotion (major labels in Portugal they didnt know how to handle with Metal bands...guess it was everywhere the same at this time...) the band stopped activity and some of the musicians did other musical projects for carreer: Rui fingers has a music school and sometimes does music for soundtracks. The drummer Alberto Garcia was for many years in a successful Rock band here. About the others i dont know. Theres no CD edition of this record and you know when the records didnt sold well in Portugal most of the pressing disappeared so this one is very hard to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/V12-s%2Ft-LP-MEGA-R ... dZViewItem
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Very good album, surely one of the best coming from Portugal. Upload, yes i know....
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

pretty cool record, I have it, but I want to hear that demo more!
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

My all time fave Portuguese Metal band!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

without knowing about the band or the subject discussed here, first thing i thought when i saw the title, was like "mhmm,a reloaded version of V8?" :lol:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Very solid album and definitely worth a check if you're curious about it.

For how much was it going on ebay? I can't see the link anymore.
It must have been quite the price. Old Portuguese records and Portuguese editions became pretty expensive when the new millennium came.

I curse myself for having lend the first Tarantula LP to a "friend" years ago. I never saw the guy again neither the LP and that one is going with high prices on egay too, not that that would really matter to me, I just wanted the LP back.
6is9
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote:Very good album, surely one of the best coming from Portugal. Upload, yes i know....
:D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Very good album, surely one of the best coming from Portugal. Upload, yes i know....
:D
Done, check Poisonoise
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

doomedplanet wrote:pretty cool record, I have it, but I want to hear that demo more!
I have heard only the demo and it's the best thing i have heard from Portugal.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Ora aí está ! Tudo como se tivesse sido comprado hoje. :D