GLACIER

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
splat66

Post by splat66 »

I bought it new back when it came out, I'll have to dig it out again and see if it holds up. I remember liking it though.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

daniel wrote:It's good. But it's not THAT good, I think the DARK AGE MLP blows it away ;)
"THAT good" is the bloody definition of GLACIER! They're the fronteirs - nay, the MARINES of THAT good-Metal together with SACRED BLADE and DANGER ZONE. DARK AGE? Bah! :P
Johnny_Cool

Post by Johnny_Cool »

Great EP... I found three copies of it in local 2nd hand stores and fleamarkets throughout the last couple of years... never paid more than 2 Euro for it. The cheapest copy actually just costed me 20 Cent. Still givin' it quite a few spins every now and then. Killer US Metal and I really like the many different lead vocalists. ;)
daniel

Post by daniel »

Opinions change, I wouldn't say Dark age is better than Glacier anymore.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Got lucky last friday when i visited L.A. California, i went into this famous record store in Hollywood, which people from the west coast of the US will perhaps be familiar with (Amoeba)...5 minutes later i found it up there in a wall, recognized it instantly by the great cover, and it was 30 dls! i bought it right away, and what can i say about the music, its great US metal the way i like it, Side A my fave by far, mainly because of the vocal approach, why so many singers anyway?

p.s. on a side note,the record that was hanging next to the Glacier was Cloven Hoof´s debut ep, it was 150 dls so there was no way i could get it :(
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

im in love with this :twisted:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I have to say that I dig the '88 Demo quite a bit more.

Not that the EP is bad by any means, but that production on some of the tracks is just so limiting.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Avenger wrote:I have to say that I dig the '88 Demo quite a bit more.
As do I.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."