GAMA Musik-Verlag

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

GAMA Musik-Verlag

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I think an new issue deserves to be dedicated to the most legendary(for me) company.All their bands(Yes all)were at least great.I'm now hearing the Starstruck-Thru To You Vinyl i recently boughted and think that my outmost task is to get hold of everything under Gama/Koch/Scratch/Hot Blood Records which also had close connections.What great bands were there in South Germany and Austria in the 80's and Early Ninetees for me this is the best SCENE that ever existed.Opinions?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The GAMA bands have actually grown on my in the last year. I can't really think of a totally brilliant one, but many of the releases were great, solid Kraut-Metal good enough for an old ACCEPT-worshipper like me. Some faves would be CARRION, STRANGER (1st), VETO - "Carthago" etc... I'm currently trying to get hold of the NOISEHUNTER debut and GRAVESTONE's 2nd. Typically, when you suddenly start searching for common albums like these they're nowhere to be found :roll:
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

In my opinion, GAMA had a very good rooster. As much of the old labels, GAMA had a very wide open kind of Metal generes and bands, going from hard rock to Speed and Thrash.
Even when most of their bands recorded in the same studios and used the same producers and engineers, all the bands had their own sound and personality. And the quality of the bands is unquestionable (at elast to me). Noisehunter, Stranger, Stormwitch, Vampyr, SDI, Necronomicon, Veto, etc are among my all time faves.

Noise And PSV and other may have had the most popular bands, but GAMA had yoo much talent to be ignored
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:The GAMA bands have actually grown on my in the last year. I can't really think of a totally brilliant one, but many of the releases were great, solid Kraut-Metal good enough for an old ACCEPT-worshipper like me. Some faves would be CARRION, STRANGER (1st), VETO - "Carthago" etc... I'm currently trying to get hold of the NOISEHUNTER debut and GRAVESTONE's 2nd. Typically, when you suddenly start searching for common albums like these they're nowhere to be found :roll:
The Noisehunter´s album are not difficult to find and also other Gama records.Today i´ve came across Noisehunter´s Time to fight about 14Euros I´ve passed but the next time i´ll grab it.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I just found out a new band called Infinity's Call dode by formers of Stormwitch/Tyrant/Gravestone http://www.infinityscall.de/ is it any good?The reviews saw about hard rock in the vein of KARO(great,great,great) have anyone heard their new album?

Ahh also Phillip Zanella(ex.Tyrant) plays there and also it has his contact adress and e-mail
Philipp Zanella
Uhlandstr 23
89250 Senden
philipp.zanella@gmx.de.

He's making privat guitar lessons(maybe i'll call him to learn me guitar because i am too ignoramus :lol: )

Can you Jose(a.k.a metalmaster) contact him for some Tyrant bios,infos,videos,unreleased material that would be great OTHERWISE i do
so.TYRANT RULEZZZ!!! ah and of course noone shall be confused with thousand miles inferior other TYRANT(UK). :twisted:
mordred

Post by mordred »

Stormwitch.
Stormwitch!
STO-ORM-WITCH!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I just found out a new band called Infinity's Call dode by formers of Stormwitch/Tyrant/Gravestone http://www.infinityscall.de/ is it any good?The reviews saw about hard rock in the vein of KARO(great,great,great) have anyone heard their new album?

Ahh also Phillip Zanella(ex.Tyrant) plays there and also it has his contact adress and e-mail
Philipp Zanella
Uhlandstr 23
89250 Senden
philipp.zanella@gmx.de.

He's making privat guitar lessons(maybe i'll call him to learn me guitar because i am too ignoramus :lol: )

Can you Jose(a.k.a metalmaster) contact him for some Tyrant bios,infos,videos,unreleased material that would be great OTHERWISE i do
so.TYRANT RULEZZZ!!! ah and of course noone shall be confused with thousand miles inferior other TYRANT(UK). :twisted:
oohhhhh, interesting info. I knew the Tyrant guys were around somewhere. In fact someone told me they are going to reunite next year for some gigs. perhaps... Wasn't the nodaways drummer of Stormwitch part of Tyrant as well? I will drop a line to Philip. Anyway, I think Battlecry will release the Tyrant cds next months, besides Vampyr. Not sure , though.

Havent heard infinitys call actually, but perhaps they are a good band. Must to check 8)
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmaster wrote: oohhhhh, interesting info. I knew the Tyrant guys were around somewhere. In fact someone told me they are going to reunite next year for some gigs. perhaps... Wasn't the nodaways drummer of Stormwitch part of Tyrant as well? I will drop a line to Philip. Anyway, I think Battlecry will release the Tyrant cds next months, besides Vampyr. Not sure , though.

Havent heard infinitys call actually, but perhaps they are a good band. Must to check 8)
That's great news about a Tyrant reunion!Yes in Infinity's Call play Peter Langer.If Battlecry is to rerelease their albums that's super!!!I gonna get them at once all.

A question i always wanted to ask:Battlecry reissued before a year or so the Stormwitch albums.I have them all in GAMA cds.Those Battlecry Cds contain some bonus tracks unreleased are these tracks normal unreleased stuff or just live tracks with shitty sound? :roll:
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
metalmaster wrote: oohhhhh, interesting info. I knew the Tyrant guys were around somewhere. In fact someone told me they are going to reunite next year for some gigs. perhaps... Wasn't the nodaways drummer of Stormwitch part of Tyrant as well? I will drop a line to Philip. Anyway, I think Battlecry will release the Tyrant cds next months, besides Vampyr. Not sure , though.

That's great news about a Tyrant reunion!Yes in Infinity's Call play Peter Langer.If Battlecry is to rerelease their albums that's super!!!I gonna get them at once all.

A question i always wanted to ask:Battlecry reissued before a year or so the Stormwitch albums.I have them all in GAMA cds.Those Battlecry Cds contain some bonus tracks unreleased are these tracks normal unreleased stuff or just live tracks with shitty sound? :roll:
Wel the reeditions of Battlecry got many live bonus tracks with acceptable sound. Those gigs feature some unreleased tracks you wont find in any Stormwitch album. I think they worth the money you pay for them
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I have read that In Harald's Spengler's Tarot's Myst-Odyssey there is an edition with two unreleased Stormwitch tracks that were recorded for Eye Of The Storm. :shock:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Ah and i don't understand when people say i like from Stormwitch only their first three albums.That's ridiculous STORMWITCH always released very interesting albums.Only Shogun because of the lengthy tracks can be regarded as little mediocre.Eye Of The Storm is a MASTERPIECE.Unlike other cult-old-80's bands that nu-metalizing their sound in their latter releases STORMWITCH stand with few others uninfected from the STENCH of modern music.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Eye Of The Storm is a MASTERPIECE.Unlike other cult-old-80's bands that nu-metalizing their sound in their latter releases STORMWITCH stand with few others uninfected from the STENCH of modern music.
As much as I worship Stormwitch, Eye of the Storm is no masterpiece. Far from it. It's AOR. AOR doesn't make masterpieces.

The first four Stormwitch LP's all slay and all will bow before them on judgement day.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

mordred wrote: As much as I worship Stormwitch, Eye of the Storm is no masterpiece. Far from it. It's AOR. AOR doesn't make masterpieces.
I disagree with you because to me A.O.R is stuff like TALK OF THE TOWN(which i like so much by the way) but ''Eye Of The Storm'' let us no exaggerate!OK it is lighter stuff but who cares as long as it is excellent musik.What have gotten you last month all trying to label everything no heavy stuff as poppy or whimpy or a.o.r DaN said whimps MADISON for their first record ''Diamond Mistress'' :twisted: (as for their second LP i agree)...DIAMOND MISTRESS is one of the 10 BEST LP's ever from Sweden.Better understand this quickly.Last but not least i usually don't look what kind of metal is as long as it is 80's that's law for me!!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I disagree with you because to me A.O.R is stuff like TALK OF THE TOWN(which i like so much by the way) but ''Eye Of The Storm'' let us no exaggerate!OK it is lighter stuff but who cares as long as it is excellent musik.What have gotten you last month all trying to label everything no heavy stuff as poppy or whimpy or a.o.r DaN said whimps MADISON for their first record ''Diamond Mistress'' :twisted: (as for their second LP i agree)...DIAMOND MISTRESS is one of the 10 BEST LP's ever from Sweden.Better understand this quickly.Last but not least i usually don't look what kind of metal is as long as it is 80's that's law for me!!!
"Diamond Mistress" is indeed top notch, killer melodic metal and probably one of the ten best LP's from Sweden ever. To be honest, I don't think Dan has ever heard it...

As for Eye of the Storm, no matter what we call it, it's too light-weight, to commercial, to "safe" and to sterile for me. Not the glorius farewell the classic lineup of the Masters Of Black Romantic should have made.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Well I cant label "Eye of the storm" as an OAR album. It istill keeps the Heavy metal aspect everywhere. perghaps a bit more melodic and comercial, but nothing more. Anyway, I cant rember AOR bands playing fast, doubled bass songs... :shock: