Your fave Metal Language for singing?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Language for Metal?

English
33%
French
10%
Spanish
15%
Russian
8%
Swedish
8%
Polish
5%
Hungarian
3%
Czech
5%
Japanese
13%
Portuguese
No votes

Total votes: 39

Fucking Åmål

Your fave Metal Language for singing?

Post by Fucking Åmål »

No matter how many bands have you heard by this language or the fact that you can't understand it,which is your favourite one?

Personally i think the Czech language although i don't understand it.It sounds so cool.Bands like Master's Hammer,Titanic,Loretta,Puls and many more prove it.Generally i don't like so much when English are singed by bands which is their mother language(ex.Us,English...bands).
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

English shouldn't have been included. I voted for French. It's not the most metallic one, but those distinctive French melodies fit perfectly with the language, most of French metal tunes i've heard flow without the smallest problem.

Third choice would be Spanish and Portuguese, but only when the bands play pure ballsy metal, not fuckin' generic Priest/AC/DC hybrids. You know, Luzbel, Megaton, Gillman, Arkangel, Dhak etc.

Polish and Swedish sound very metal to me as well.

But what i really can't stand is English with Greek accent on most of the cases...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I go for Spanish, but only (like John said) when it's pure filthy metal like Muro, Retrosatan, Luzbel, Su Ta Gar, Harrpia, Azul Limao and lots more. Those bands play heavy metal with so much energy and dedication and the language gives them that extra to make it a listening experience you'll never forget. It's pure bonecrushing heavy metal all the way...
Long Live The Loud !!!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

First love is Spanish!(where's the wub emoticon?? :cry: )
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I voted for Polish, but I have to say that I like every east european language.

It's like those languages are just made to use in metal.
I think it's the way the pronounce the words.
I always love the vocals in east-european metal. Without wanting to be insulting, east european languages sound so barbaric, which is great for metal.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I don't know that many bands singing in east european languages.

I do know some Spanish bands and like the people above me said, I love the pure filth most too. Kudos go to South American bands singing in Spanish/ Portuguese.

But my favorite singing languages are French and Japanese(English too, but I'm not counting that one). I voted for Japanese because it's my favourite language in general and it sounds more metal.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I would say : Japanese, French, Czech.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Excluding English - Hungarian, In the late 80's they had a fare few bands playing perfect Speed Metal with Hungarian vocals so it had to be my pick. Though it really differs from band to band I can find bands from all these that much one and other.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

I'd say spanish because of the emotion that all these South-American bands carried. RESISTENCIA, V8, etc. Spanish bands themselves aren't usually that remarkable on this point IMO.

I'll add russian for the beauty it carries. Russian HM band aren't usually that heavy, but they carry such emotion I've never found in another language.

For "evil" Metal, czech is and always remains the best one IMO. But some bands that sing in spanish do such a good job too. See for a recent example BEMDESAR from Bolivia.
Gott ist tot.
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

The Sentinel wrote:I go for Spanish, but only (like John said) when it's pure filthy metal like Muro, Retrosatan, Luzbel, Su Ta Gar, Harrpia, Azul Limao and lots more.
Su Ta Gar sing in Basque, not Spanish!

As for me, my favorite languages for Metal:
Malaysian, Hungarian, Basque, Greek...
Spanish of course, but it's my mother toungue...
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Now french. But its tied with portugese and spanish.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The consistency & quality of the French bands does it for me vocally
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I am intoxicated with English so much that I am sure there's no help. On the other hand I didn't pay much attention to the non-Engish language products. :?

Edit: I should have done profound research. But when? ...
I am ... the One you warned me of
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Polish, Russian, Czech, anything from our east-European Slovanic brothers :)

After English of course! ('cause I can understand it!)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I went for spanish. Not only do I love quite a few spanish speaking bands (V8, Resistencia, Tarkus etc.), but there's something hard, edgy, perhaps even primitive maybe about the language that makes me dig it, even though I don't understand squat.