Ungay-Black Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Ungay-Black Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Here you can refer to some fave bands-records.

For example my fave black metal band of all time is MASTER'S HAMMER(what a band the vocals rule how this guy manages to do such growls is beyond me).
Then i love bands like Dissection(S),Bathory,Sacramentum(Coming Of Chaos great CD),Nifelheim,Bewitched,Inferno(Nor) you know bands with that oldschool riffs and sound...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Un-gay BM bands IMO:
BATHORY
ORDER FROM CHAOS
DARKTHRONE
ENSLAVED
BLASPHEMY
MYSTIFIER
SABBAT
BEHERIT
ROTTING CHRIST (early)
VARATHRON
IMMORTAL (early)
MASTERS HAMMER
SIGH (early)
NIFELHEIM
INQUISITION
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

It's official. "Gay" means NOTHING.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:It's official. "Gay" means NOTHING.
Unless of course you're Cradle of Filth
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Un-gay BM = Not gay BM

but, Not gay BM doesn't necessarily mean also Mannish BM, right?

Tough thread. :?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Easy: Venom and Bathory, but some more are worth mentioning like Sarcofago, Vulcano, Mystifier, Tormentor (Hun), Masters Hammer, Incarnator (Nor), the satanic bands of the NWOBHM and Death SS or Mercyful Fate if they can be labelled Black Metal :wink:
Ernest Thesiger

The last great BM album I heard was Tenebrae in Perpetuum's Antico Misticismo. Well necro.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I heard a LP from "Ruins Of Beverast" some time ago, quite impressive piece of work, no typical "bore you to dead BM", very atmospheric and a touch of total nihilism, could be a mix of some old fast BM, Deliverance (UK), Amebix and some other stuff
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:I heard a LP from "Ruins Of Beverast" some time ago, quite impressive piece of work, no typical "bore you to dead BM", very atmospheric and a touch of total nihilism, could be a mix of some old fast BM, Deliverance (UK), Amebix and some other stuff
:shock:

VERY interesting.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:I heard a LP from "Ruins Of Beverast" some time ago, quite impressive piece of work, no typical "bore you to dead BM", very atmospheric and a touch of total nihilism, could be a mix of some old fast BM, Deliverance (UK), Amebix and some other stuff
:shock:

VERY interesting.
I found a myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/theruinsofbeverastfanpage

Great track on that site, it's from that LP that I mentioned before. The beginning is some standard BM, but not in an annoying way. The middle section has a very great part IMO, not bad at all !!
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

The song "Summer Decapitation Ritual" from this album is a fucking ripper! Pretty typical start but after 3min it gets so epic and powerful it reminds me of warriors on elephants marching to glorious victory.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
humus

Post by humus »

The first album from The ruins of beverast is without doubt some of the best black metal released in recent years. And don't let the sample on that myspace page fool you, that's not even one of the better moments of the album. A real grower, too, I keep discovering new aspects every time I listen to the album.
Another one that should be mentioned is 'Inheritance of evilness' from the band Hail, 'Blodsband' from Sigrblot and maybe something from Grand belial's key. If you're more into melancholic/eerie black metal I would recommend the Peste noire demo's and Nuit noire demo's. If you like your black metal very raw (and ultra-nazi...) there is always Wehrhammer, if you can find it.

That's as far as modern black metal goes. From the past I enjoy mostly Master's hammer, the classic Darkthrone albums, old Lugubrum, Mefisto, Sabbat (the gods!), old Dodheimsgard,...but I think these bands are pretty well-known on this forum already.
Ernest Thesiger

Kind of strange to hear (well, read) Mefisto referred to as BM. There's moments in "Frost of Inferno" that put me in mind of mid-80s 'Tallica. Bloody fine band.
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Check out Vomitor.

Not gay and not strictly black metal.
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Tormentor is the only black metal band that I listen to. And I do by coinsidence have Attila Csihar's telephonenumber hehe