BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Many italian people who collect seriously Italian Metal?mmhhh,i don't think we are so much here in Italy,maybe you are speaking of collectors of metal in general(not only of italian bands),when i think of real collectors of italian metal i think to Gianni Della Cioppa,Walter Bastianel,Nereo Ghiotto,Antonio Ferro,Sergio Nardelli,Mirko'The Fox'Galliazzo,Primo Bonali,Salvo'Deluge'Fallucca,Eugenio Giordano,Beppe Diana,Alessio Puccio and me(and maybe someone else i don't remember at the moment),but as you can see we are so few...
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Oh ok I didn't see "italian metal", I was talking generally.

Anyway, most of 80s italian metal sucks, sorry :) of course it was also due to the poor studios (not good for heavy metal) and bad management/economic problems ... eventually things started to work better in early 90s.

But there are indeed some great gems which we should be proud of (seems that Black Hole is one of them ^^).
Nonseinormale65

I agree,many italian records have crap production and did not sound so original,but those bands deserve our respect, and in Italy (as in many other countries)they played Heavy Metal just for passion even knowing they would never have achieved success...

P.S. as far as i am concerned i have always supported our bands trying to create our own scene,just look what xenophilia(esterofilia)caused in our country :cry:
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

I am late to this discussion I know but I have a story. In November 2008 I was on probation for petit larceny and decided to stop going to meetings with my probation officer so i could just do 90 days in jail instead of being on probation for 2 years. However I didn't want to go to jail for the holidays, so I went and hid out in the basement of a house full of punks until after christmas. I never had any money to drink and they were pretty stingy with their alcohol and pot, so I started going to the nearest drug store and ripping off cough syrup with DXM in it every day and ingesting large amounts of it. All I had down there was a laptop, my clothes and toiletries and a matress and a sleeping bag and a pile of couch cushions that were supposed to be used for soundproofing the basement for band practices. The only light was a red lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and some candles. So for two months I was constantly robo tripping and only coming out during the nightime hours and sleeping all day. My soundtrack to this time, pretty much was Black Hole, Dwarr and Paul Chain Violet Theatre as well as a lot of 80's deathrock. They finally caught me right after new years, but it was a fun trippy time for sure!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

mustardgasattack wrote:I am late to this discussion I know but I have a story. In November 2008 I was on probation for petit larceny and decided to stop going to meetings with my probation officer so i could just do 90 days in jail instead of being on probation for 2 years. However I didn't want to go to jail for the holidays, so I went and hid out in the basement of a house full of punks until after christmas. I never had any money to drink and they were pretty stingy with their alcohol and pot, so I started going to the nearest drug store and ripping off cough syrup with DXM in it every day and ingesting large amounts of it. All I had down there was a laptop, my clothes and toiletries and a matress and a sleeping bag and a pile of couch cushions that were supposed to be used for soundproofing the basement for band practices. The only light was a red lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and some candles. So for two months I was constantly robo tripping and only coming out during the nightime hours and sleeping all day. My soundtrack to this time, pretty much was Black Hole, Dwarr and Paul Chain Violet Theatre as well as a lot of 80's deathrock. They finally caught me right after new years, but it was a fun trippy time for sure!!
DXM AND THAT SOUNDTRACK?! :shock: DAMN I RESPECT YOU
mustardgasattack

Those were weird fucking times haha
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

You must be one weird fucking guy, haha...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mustardgasattack wrote:I am late to this discussion I know but I have a story. In November 2008 I was on probation for petit larceny and decided to stop going to meetings with my probation officer so i could just do 90 days in jail instead of being on probation for 2 years. However I didn't want to go to jail for the holidays, so I went and hid out in the basement of a house full of punks until after christmas. I never had any money to drink and they were pretty stingy with their alcohol and pot, so I started going to the nearest drug store and ripping off cough syrup with DXM in it every day and ingesting large amounts of it. All I had down there was a laptop, my clothes and toiletries and a matress and a sleeping bag and a pile of couch cushions that were supposed to be used for soundproofing the basement for band practices. The only light was a red lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and some candles. So for two months I was constantly robo tripping and only coming out during the nightime hours and sleeping all day. My soundtrack to this time, pretty much was Black Hole, Dwarr and Paul Chain Violet Theatre as well as a lot of 80's deathrock. They finally caught me right after new years, but it was a fun trippy time for sure!!
You didn't want to go to jail during the holidays because wanted to spend it intoxicated in a basement? Makes a lot of sense...
mustardgasattack

I just wanted to stay out of the clink long enough to go to my family's holiday functions, and i did, so whatever.
Nonseinormale65

The wait continues,but we have some news from ADP productions about the triple cd box set "Behind The Gravestone":

"If there's a true, unique, obscure and cult doom metal band, then these titles go surely to the Italian doom legends Black Hole. All seasoned with an extensive interview (in both Italian and English language!) with the band's mastermind Robert Measles. An unique chance to get all these rare and mythicised demos at once and to (re)discover a band that has never gained commercial success, but has surely obtained immortal fame in the annals of Doom! Limited to 500 copies only, be quick or you will miss it! "

Info and a small picture of the cover artwork at http://adp.areadeath.net/
JB

Post by JB »

Nice! :D Seriously hope I can get my hands on a copy of that box set.
Nonseinormale65

Black Hole "Beyond The Gravestone" 3 cds box set finally is ready!!! pre-orders now can be made,shipping from the second week of february,only 500 copies available,so hurry up!!!

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

'Only metal is real'

:D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

This just cries: Release me on LP
Bane

Post by Bane »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:Black Hole "Beyond The Gravestone" 3 cds box set finally is ready!!! pre-orders now can be made,shipping from the second week of february,only 500 copies available,so hurry up!!!
Hi,

My partner in crime Jonathan e-mailed you re. wholesale for our distro. Cheers!

Barry