WARHAMMER (UK)!!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
King Zombie

WARHAMMER (UK)!!!

Post by King Zombie »

HAIL! What can you guys tell me about this band? After hours of surfing Metal Archives I came across this band that, according to additional information given in their profile page, was UK "FIRST" Death Metal band... I'm downloading their record "Abattoir Of Death" 1985... Hope you reply soon. bye
Keep politics OUT of this forum
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Never heard them, only of them. How's that demo? As good as UNSEEN TERROR?

Isn't there a UK HELLHAMMER as well? Another act on my want-to-hear list.
deathster

Post by deathster »

Warhammer is GOD! Their "Abbatoir of Death" is GOD! I prefer them to Unseen terror 100%. Warhammer is rawer and this is what I look for in extreme metal band. I have their rehearsal demo "Prophecy of Violence" in ORIGINAL form. How many people know that this exists? :) Mitch also played in Antichrist! Another early noisy act from UK.
deathster

Post by deathster »

I never heard of UK Hellhammer. I know of HELL from UK. Satanic noise not metal from 1984-85. NB! Not to be confused with NWOBHM band with same name.
I know that there existed HEL`HAM`ER in Germany ca 1986.... fun-noise project from Burladingen area (German deathcore centre in mid 80s besides Ruhr area)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Is this somehow available apart from the original demo?
Long Live The Loud !!!
deathster

Post by deathster »

If we talk about early UK death and black metal then we can not forget Cryptic Death that got rechristened to Deathchamber in 1986 and released a demo. By the way Euronymous planned to release a LP with them.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have this WARHAMMER demo, nothing special imo, not really death-metal but more in a raw-german thrash vein like early SODOM or DESTRUCTION.
deathster

Post by deathster »

omen of hate wrote: thrash vein like early SODOM or DESTRUCTION.
And this is what we like... no matter if it is called death, thrash or black metal...Sodom was called also Hardcore metal in 1984.
tomas

Post by tomas »

I like the Abbatoir Of Death demo. It's fuckin' raw and evil metal!!
Some kind of proto-death metal...
peterott

Post by peterott »

try to find the compilation 2-CD "Britannia Infernus 1970-1998" on Godreah Rec.
Besides Antichrist (Stocking The Ovens Of Death), there is even a Warhammer track (Halloween) included. Very good 1985-UK-Death/Thrash Metal with awesome nasty vocals. I once bought the CD from Iron Pegasus, maybe Costa still has a copy left in his stock.

I also saw this CD in a normal CD-shop in Stockholm in the Metal section in 2004, so it was distrubuted in higher numbers compared to a rare underground compilations.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

peterott wrote:try to find the compilation 2-CD "Britannia Infernus 1970-1998" on Godreah Rec.
Besides Antichrist (Stocking The Ovens Of Death), there is even a Warhammer track (Halloween) included. Very good 1985-UK-Death/Thrash Metal with awesome nasty vocals. I once bought the CD from Iron Pegasus, maybe Costa still has a copy left in his stock.

I also saw this CD in a normal CD-shop in Stockholm in the Metal section in 2004, so it was distrubuted in higher numbers compared to a rare underground compilations.
Thanks for the tip
Long Live The Loud !!!
deathster

Post by deathster »

And more Antichrist songs can be found on "Diminished responsibilty" comp LP 1987.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

As for 1985, Death Metal had not still reached a clear definition as a separate genre, it was an offshoot underground style of metal emerging in many places , however it would later be defined by bands such as Death, Necrophagia, Slaughter, Mantas, Possessed, Messiah and a few others.

So, this Warhammer, which I'm downloading sounds like Bulldozer, raw thrash metal with harsh vocals?
Keep politics OUT of this forum
tomas

Post by tomas »

Raw thrash with harsh vocals, that's the one!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

OK, you have my attention. You know what to do.