RAZOR!!!!!!!!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

RAZOR!!!!!!!!!

Post by The Sentinel »

I'm on the "RAZOR-ride" again, really one of my alltime favourite bands. All their records are topnotch pieces of raging pure thrashing fucking METAL. I have to confess that I still haven't checked out their material after "Shotgun Justice", but everything before that album embodies everything that I like in metal: raw, furious, anticommercial music designed to obliterate and destroy everything in sight. My favourite album is "Evil Invaders", every second is godlike especially the great vocals by Stace "Sheepdog" McLaren and the monstrous riffing troughout all their songs. What do you think of this mighty band?

We spit on those who chose to pose, we thrash with all the rest
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Is Violent Restitution in the same league as EI(The only Razor record I own so far)?

I'm planning to buy a new thrashing record and VR is one of the possibilities.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

"Violent Restitution" has always been my fave RAZOR-album. The best, most in-your-face production they ever had and the whole album just flows perfectly. If EI is their "Show No Mercy", VR is their "Reign In Blood".
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:"Violent Restitution" has always been my fave RAZOR-album. The best, most in-your-face production they ever had and the whole album just flows perfectly. If EI is their "Show No Mercy", VR is their "Reign In Blood".
In that case, which album is their Hell Awaits? :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Malicious Intent? haha

One of my top 7 bands as well! The favorite three : Violent - Shotgun - Hostility. If I'd have to pick one, it would probably be Violent Restitution - this is metal to the core!!!! Now I just need to get Evil Invaders - price killers version and that AD MLP :wink:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Razor is indeed a fave also of me.My fave album by them is Evil Invaders.The first album i bought was Malicious Intent and at that time i believed that Razor can't have a better album than this of course i was wrong.My third most fave after EI and MI is the first Executioner's Song(fast and Loud,City Of Damnation and Hot Metal are some of my fave Razor songs).I like also the Armed And Dangerous and the Violent Restitution but unfortunately their weak production make them sound not so ''violent''(i don't know how it sound in vynil i have VR in CD).
Shotgun Justice is very very good in my opinion where Bob Reid sings lyrics faster than Tom Araya's in Reign In Blood or Don Doty in Darkness Descends.
Decibels is acceptable enough though.
Stace McLaren is god!I think everyone must accept this.His unique way of singing and screaming is out of this world.Noone can ever reproduce this vocals.

I must say also that credit must given to the fact that Violent Restitution is dedicated to the best actor ever Charles Bronson! 8)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I think I will go for violent restitution as well. Great album, but the rest are great too
necronomicon

Post by necronomicon »

My favourite album by them is Evil Invaders.First time i 've heard this album stuck in my mind.But also and the other albums are very good.I believe
one of the best Canadian thrash groups.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

never really got into malicious intent, although the bit about ebros missing college fund was funny

the first two lps (+ armed and dangerous) are totally great though. violent restitution is cool too, but in a different way

anyone into the demos? that one line "cruising down the street in my big black limosuine" is one of the funniest mental images i can think of
ATHEIST

Post by ATHEIST »

Violent Restitution is a fuckin' great album!!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

maybe it's time to start a RAZOR poll ?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:maybe it's time to start a RAZOR poll ?
Yes! Add a poll to the OP, Sten!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ITS EVIL INVADERS!!!! :twisted:

What a vocalist,without him its not he same though.....but my favorite song comes in the violent restitution album

one of the best thrash bands from all times for sure
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

WHile favorites vary, 'Violent Restitution' gets mentioned the most often when I come across folks discussing Razor.
Only albums I've heard are Executioners Song and Evil Invaderss. ES was alright but didn't make a lasting impression. EI was pretty good; it reminded me of 'persecution mania' era SODOM with a little more melody worked in
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

i know this has always been dave carlos baby but no sheepdog = no razor imo...later stuff with ol'bobby is very bland and should be avoided at all costs!

these ones are all great!

ps...if anyone can provide a scan/zerox of the insert for A&D it would be appreciated.
stepping on toes since 1978