RAZOR!!!!!!!!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
anthares

Post by anthares »

metalmaster wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:
metalmaster wrote: I have always thought that "Violent restitution" beats up "Reign in blood" from star to finish 8)
i think the same man............faster ,more intense ,it's ...more anything than r.i.b. I always thought that Razor was the best thrash band to come out from the other side of the atlantic.
man you know of music! no kidding. :evil:

Anyway, I have always thought that Razor should be called Speed Metal, not Thrash
Thrash in highest order!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well Reign in Blood came out in 1986, Violent Restitution in 1988. :!:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

sovdat wrote:Well Reign in Blood came out in 1986, Violent Restitution in 1988. :!:
Take a good idea and make it much, much, much better.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Black Axe wrote:
sovdat wrote:Well Reign in Blood came out in 1986, Violent Restitution in 1988. :!:
Take a good idea and make it much, much, much better.
Hmm I think Slayer's and Razor's styles are not similar, and I would say that Razor made an album with a complete Razor style, not much similar to Slayer actually
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

metalmaster wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:
metalmaster wrote: I have always thought that "Violent restitution" beats up "Reign in blood" from star to finish 8)
i think the same man............faster ,more intense ,it's ...more anything than r.i.b. I always thought that Razor was the best thrash band to come out from the other side of the atlantic.
man you know of music! no kidding. :evil:

Anyway, I have always thought that Razor should be called Speed Metal, not Thrash
I would agree to a certain point. The band was more Speed Metal up until "Violent Restitution" then they went full on Thrash.
Last edited by Avenger on Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Rob

Post by Rob »

So, has anyone seen the Shotgun Justice LP new edition? If So, what do you think of it?
I'm thinking on getting that one.
6is9
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Rob wrote:So, has anyone seen the Shotgun Justice LP new edition? If So, what do you think of it?
It's been discussed here in the past and I believe the general concensus was that it was a quality release unlike the previous vinyl versions before it.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Rob

Post by Rob »

Cool. It was what I was thinking too, the label itself is a cool label and has released quality material in the past.
6is9
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Avenger wrote:
Rob wrote:So, has anyone seen the Shotgun Justice LP new edition? If So, what do you think of it?
It's been discussed here in the past and I believe the general concensus was that it was a quality release unlike the previous vinyl versions before it.
That's what I thought of it FWIW. Unspectacular but of generally good quality.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

It's nice to see so much Razor lovin' from all of you!! They are definately one of the finest Canadian metal bands and totally fucking deserve the praise.
EzraCobb

Post by EzraCobb »

sovdat wrote: I like both eras, with or without Stace.
From 1st era, my favorite is Violent Restitution and from
2nd, Open Hostility (too bad for the rhytm machine, it'd certainly sound better with a real drummer!!)
those are also my 2 favorite Razor LP's.

I just got the war on music label vinyl re-issue of open hostililty - looked very basic and the cover was scanned - sound is good. The HHO-records re-issue looks much better! the added extra detalil to the cover ...
DTP

Post by DTP »

one of my all-time faves, even tho' i've yet to hear 'decibels'.

funny how nobody's mentioned 'custom killing'; pretty underrated work. to me its biggest flaw is M-Bro's drumming; while it worked perfectly in ES/EI/MI, in CK's case it drags down the overall performance, since the album was supposed to be different and more technical, i guess..but i've always loved his sloppy drumming, he seems pretty reviled by a lot of ppl, haha..
formally 'Hellpreacher'
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Ah Razor, one my my favorite thrash bands, I will rank their cds from favorite to least favorite: Evil invaders= Violent restitution> Executioners song> Shotgun justice> Malicious intent> Open hostility >Custom killing> Decibels
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

I have almost unused Decibels CD for cheapo sale/trade.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Outcast wrote:I have almost unused Decibels CD for cheapo sale/trade.
Wrong thread...