"that" Italian sound / Black Hole

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DMR wrote:
the erlking wrote:I love Death SS and I think "In Death of Steve Sylvester" is maybe their best full album. :?
I love also the late 70s/early 80s versions of the songs.

Almost all Italian steel from the 80's I've heard has been good.
Berserks, Black Hole, Halloween, Shining Blade, Paul Chain, Steel Crown (some how this one sounds very japanese to me). I wonder if anyone could recommend me more heavy/speed stuff similar to berserks, halloween and shining blade??
Have you heard Danger Zone - Victim of Time yet?
Oh that one i forgot to add my list. Yes I'm familiar with the band.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
muskeg

Post by muskeg »

DMR wrote:
muskeg wrote:
Cochino wrote:I'm listening to Jacula and it sound pretty interesting, but it's not a kind of music you can actually judge with a couple of spins. But it's creepy and even has some cool riffs here and there.
Thanks for the reccomendation.
i only have in cauda semper stat venenum and i like it a lot...especially "triumphatus sad"

definitely awesome riffing and sound from something from 69
I have that album too, but it doesn't sound to me like something from '69. The guitar sound is SO fucking heavy! It makes '70s Black Sabbath sound like wimpy hippie shit.
thats why i love it
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmartyrdoom wrote:
Well I'm about 99.999% sure its a boot, released on none other than the "legendary :roll: " label Unisound. Although the sound quality isn't too bad. The band just has a bit too much of a "gothic" feel for me... When I said I had it to trade, that means for almost anything..hahah
I am 100% sure Images Of Forgotten Memories CD by unisound from 1996 is official,i asked Fredrik Wallin about this.
Yes i agree Equinox Ov The Gods have many gothic metal inluences but nothing to do with the gay aspect.
For this album is so perfect and surely one of the 5 most influential albums in my life.
If anyone is interested you can browse the Poisonoise section to download this masterpiece of the MASTERPIECES.Or maybe i should say do it NOW!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DMR wrote:
muskeg wrote:
Cochino wrote:I'm listening to Jacula and it sound pretty interesting, but it's not a kind of music you can actually judge with a couple of spins. But it's creepy and even has some cool riffs here and there.
i only have in cauda semper stat venenum and i like it a lot...especially "triumphatus sad"

I have that album too, but it doesn't sound to me like something from '69. The guitar sound is SO fucking heavy! It makes '70s Black Sabbath sound like wimpy hippie shit.
Jacula albums were released in 1969 and 1972 if I'm not mistaken
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

nightsblood wrote:One name I haven't seen mentioned is Requiem (the italian band).

:oops: Can't belive I forgot Requiem! Excellent band!

nightsblood wrote:The Black- very unimpressed with what I've heard. This is to Death SS what the lame Memento Mori was to the godly Candlemass.

I think all of The Black's albums are topnotch, but I consider them more on the lines of a Mediterranean Black Sabbath. The have nothing more in common with Death SS than nationality, and some occultism.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

muskeg wrote:

I don't believe for 1 second those riffs and that album was created in 1969. That guy from that band is so full of shit. Maybe some of those albums were created in the 70's but there's no way I'm going to believe that first album was from 1969 when there's not even an original copy of the LP ANYWHERE.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
muskeg wrote:

I don't believe for 1 second those riffs and that album was created in 1969. That guy from that band is so full of shit. Maybe some of those albums were created in the 70's but there's no way I'm going to believe that first album was from 1969 when there's not even an original copy of the LP ANYWHERE.
Well, you can ask him directly, in fact you can buy the original lp at www.antoniusrex.com.
But I dont give a shit about the year it was done, the music is fine.
And here is a pic of the sticker of the album. If you ask me, the cut looks very 60's

The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Have anyone heard SPITFIRE (Ita) - Blade Runner 7" ? NWOBHM sounding single with a killer A-side!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

yeah, JACULA is great stuff, more Phsychadelic rock..
What does REX INFERI sound like ?? Anyone ??
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DoomofDenim wrote:What does REX INFERI sound like ?? Anyone ??
INFERIor :P
Your basic run-of-the-mill mediocre HM w/ poor vocals, WAY below the Italian average. I've been told their reunion album for some years back is great though.

About JACULA, isn't it pretty much a well established fact that this "1969" debut is fake? All in all I consider them the early 70's equivalent of them artsy, prententious, "post-Black Metal"-faggotry acts of today. They honestly bore me to tears. Old & Occult doesn't always equal great.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

metalmaster wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
muskeg wrote: i only have in cauda semper stat venenum and i like it a lot...especially "triumphatus sad"

Well, you can ask him directly, in fact you can buy the original lp at www.antoniusrex.com.
And here is a pic of the sticker of the album. If you ask me, the cut looks very 60's

Why would I ask Antonius Rex, the very person making up false claims that his album was from 1969? Antonius Rex is a liar. You can believe him if you want to, but I'm not gonna and I think a lot of people here are intelligent enough about music and it's history to figure out that the 1969 thing just doesn't make any sense nor adds up. There's no original LP from '69.... Nobody has one.... I don't know where you got that pic from, but that doesn't prove anything... it's a picture of the LP label, big deal... that once again proves nothing.

In 1969.... I don't even think they had the technology back then to create some of the sounds on that album....

"Their first album, in 1969, was recorded in London and only released in a strictly limited number of copies (300 + 10 promos) that were only partly distributed by the producer and label owner to sects." Give me a fucking break please! This is such a bullshit statement.... already signing off on it being impossible to find a supposed "original copy" of this... what a joke.

Does anyone know how old Antonius Rex is?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
metalmaster wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:

Why would I ask Antonius Rex, the very person making up false claims that his album was from 1969? Antonius Rex is a liar. You can believe him if you want to, but I'm not gonna and I think a lot of people here are intelligent enough about music and it's history to figure out that the 1969 thing just doesn't make any sense nor adds up. There's no original LP from '69.... Nobody has one.... I don't know where you got that pic from, but that doesn't prove anything... it's a picture of the LP label, big deal... that once again proves nothing.

In 1969.... I don't even think they had the technology back then to create some of the sounds on that album....

"Their first album, in 1969, was recorded in London and only released in a strictly limited number of copies (300 + 10 promos) that were only partly distributed by the producer and label owner to sects." Give me a fucking break please! This is such a bullshit statement.... already signing off on it being impossible to find a supposed "original copy" of this... what a joke.

I think you heavent understand something: I dont claim that album was recorded in 1969 or not. I just said that I dont give a shit about the year because the music is very good in my opinion...

A friend of me has the lp of Jacula, by the way, the old edition, of course not the recent reprint

Well Antonio would be a lier, but I wonder why you distribute the records of a "lier"...
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

metalmaster wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
metalmaster wrote:

I think you heavent understand something: I dont claim that album was recorded in 1969 or not. I just said that I dont give a shit about the year because the music is very good in my opinion...

A friend of me has the lp of Jacula, by the way, the old edition, of course not the recent reprint

Well Antonio would be a lier, but I wonder why you distribute the records of a "lier"...
You now say you don't claim the album is from '69 and you now say you don't care, but why post a picture to try and prove and say it looks '60's then if you really don't care? :?

You say you can buy the original LP at his site? Well how can that be true if there was only 310 made? It's all just down right annoying.

Regardless of him being a liar or not.... I try and distribute as many albums I believe are quality regardless of behind the scene politics. He never did anything to me personally so there's no reason for me to not support him.... + I want to support quality labels like Black Widow as much as possible.

As for the album, I do like the record and think it's cool to have in your collection, but I really think this guy is trying to say his album was out before the first SABBATH record.... it just drives me nuts when people try to say so and so was Heavy Metal before SABBATH...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'm not an expert with this band, but from what I've heard it doesn't sound like heavy metal.
tomas

Post by tomas »

When I heard the Jacula record for the first time, I thought it was recorded somewhere around 1975. Like someone mentioned, some of the sounds don't sound very '1969'. I think he's trying to make his own stuff 'KVLT.