Top 10 Female Metal Voices

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Bitte Hjälmås - WIZ

nuff said..
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:Bitte Hjälmås - WIZ

nuff said..
Which WIZ Dan the one featured on Swedish Metal compilation?

Except Coco Laross from CARESS
my two other favourite vocalists are:

Cornelia Ernst(Battlefield-We Come To Fight) this girl's voice so godly and very wicked.She sings like she's demonized.I couldn't believe that voice could be done by a girl.(does anyone can upload the backcover from 1st BATTLEFIELD?)

And also Bettina Paschen from XANDRIL.
deathster

Post by deathster »

I like LORDIAN GUARD singer on album "The Holy Empire" and the song "Invaders". I do not know her name though.
Anneke in THE GATHERING "Strange Machines" song.
And alos new singer in NIGHTWISH is quite good. Do not know any song names, I heard them from radio (their 1st single from new album I guess).
BLACK WIDOW "Come to the Sabbat" 1969 demo version (female part is also KILLER!!!)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

I must say Lynn Renaud (Messiah Force), has become one of my favorites, completely underated and has a "Doro-ish" tones here and there

Debbie Gunn(Sentinel Beast) is among my favs too!

the great Kat screaming is crazy too!!! :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Cornelia Ernst(Battlefield-We Come To Fight) this girl's voice so godly and very wicked.She sings like she's demonized.I couldn't believe that voice could be done by a girl.(does anyone can upload the backcover from 1st BATTLEFIELD?)
Oh the Battlefield singer is wicked! i heard her from the Metal Knights comp and she is good!
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

I really think I am going to have to go with Kim Sixx. "Tough and Tender" has some of the my favorite female vocals.Besides Kim Sixx I would say Kate from Acid and Susie Christensen.
ReichnRoll

Post by ReichnRoll »

Derketa and Bestial Holocaust singer have a killer voice too
It's time to raise the flag of hate !
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I generally don't like female metal vocals too much but I like Terra Rosa's vocalist.. and of course chaos queen hizumi of Jurassic Jade :D

oh and Acid's kate of course
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:

Oh the Battlefield singer is wicked! i heard her from the Metal Knights comp and she is good!
Does that track is included on the ''We Came To Fight'' album?If not i want to hear it.
Kim Sixx and Suzie Christensen are very good too btw.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Fucking Åmål wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:

Does that track is included on the ''We Came To Fight'' album?If not i want to hear it.
Kim Sixx and Suzie Christensen are very good too btw.
I dont think so, those versions are suppose to appear only on those demos
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

khiijol wrote:tam (sacrilege), dawn crosby (detente) and lori bravo (nuclear death) are my three favorites, in about that order
Same here.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Fucking Åmål wrote:(does anyone can upload the backcover from 1st BATTLEFIELD?)
didn't see this before, here you go, if still needed:
http://www.thrashmetal.info/battlefield2.jpg
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
DaN wrote:Bitte Hjälmås - WIZ

nuff said..
Which WIZ Dan the one featured on Swedish Metal compilation?
Yep. Wiz performed two tracks on the "Heavy Metal" LP, released on Pang Records. But I can't see any release year on the cover. Anyone know it?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

®O©O wrote:
didn't see this before, here you go, if still needed:
http://www.thrashmetal.info/battlefield2.jpg
WOW!!!! thanx a lot my friend didn't believed someone would helped me.
Now as i see the backcover Cornelia except that is probably the most hot 80's metal singer makes also the difference between her appearance and her voice in that album extraordinary unusual.Cornelia Ernst rules!!!

@Dawnwatcher i think the Swedish metal compilation is from 1982.But are surely that WIZ Dan mentioned?Is any possibility for uploading these WIZ tracks?

@MexDefenderOfSteel:Have you the 1990 Battlefield demo also with Cornelia Ernst on vocals for uploading you know i am dying to hear that! :wink:

I am getting more interested to hear 80's metal with women on vocals.And like Wise Dan said right once better to hear a girl singing metal than a man trying to sing like a girl :wink:
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Fucking Åmål wrote:@Dawnwatcher i think the Swedish metal compilation is from 1982.But are surely that WIZ Dan mentioned?Is any possibility for uploading these WIZ tracks?
Yes, I'm positive. Sadly I have it on vinyl only and don't know how to rip.