Paraguay,Uruguay

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
acid

Post by acid »

I think you mean El Dragon's "La mascara del hierro"? (If I write it correctly...).... fuckin' killer record if you ask me. There are some pretty dominant keyboard parts involved, but not really annoying at all, more Purple styled keyboards.. I love songs like "Hijo del mil", titletrack... "Soldado de metal". Yeah it's one of the best rec's from South America if you ask me.
Geen gezeik, ik heb gelijk.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks for the info, it's indeed that record, another title for the want-list.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Have checked MA yesterday: four bands from Paraguay could roughly qualify if data is correct: Batallon (seem to be the eldest), Raw Hide, Corrosion and Steel Rose. All the rest is post 1990 or even post 1995. I doubt about some sheer originality from their parts.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Popa_Iuda

Post by Popa_Iuda »

From Uruguay i've heard only Alvacast. Argentina has a lot of good stuff like Bunker, Bloke, Riff, Thor, Bloke, Vago , V8, Dhak :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

While the 2nd ALVACAST album has been re-released and the original occationally turns up on sale/tradelists I've never even seen a rip of the debut. Don't suppose anyone here have it/have heard it/could upload it?
expect no mercy

Latin metal

Post by expect no mercy »

Lots of thanks to metalmaster for the further information.Looking forward for your blog's new additions!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:While the 2nd ALVACAST album has been re-released and the original occationally turns up on sale/tradelists I've never even seen a rip of the debut. Don't suppose anyone here have it/have heard it/could upload it?

I'll upload their 1rst LP "Al Borde Del Abismo" this week end
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

That will be a great idea! Thanks in advance! :D
Gott ist tot.
Derrick Metaliszta

Re: Paraguay,Uruguay

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Noisenik wrote:
I guess an 80's band from Paraguay or Bolivia would be a miracle to find. I think these countries were too poor at the time and aren't they still? Saying that with no offense meant of couse.
You're right but not so much a miracle, since few (and pretty good) recordings exist (Leon Heraldico, Metalmorfosis, Trueno Azul, etc.). True miracle would be to find an 80s metalband from for example my country Panama which was poorer than the afore mentioned ones in the 80s. Something like that will never ever appear I'm sure... definetely! :(
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!