Ritual (UK)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
AxeCrazy

Ritual (UK)

Post by AxeCrazy »

I'm referring to the band that released "Widow" and "Valley Of The Kings". They're a bit of a mystery to me. Their website http://www.ritual1973.com doesn't have a discography, but another site http://kneeling.co.uk/pages/misc/ritual.asp claims that there are 4 other albums. Nothing shows up when I search Gemm or MusicStack. Does anyone know anything else about these guys?
ARC

Post by ARC »

Ask Boris
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

They go by the name of "Widow" as well. I'm actually a bit confused as to which name is the correct one, Ritual or Widow.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Their official website states pretty clearly that the name of the band was Ritual.
Now they seem to be more active again so maybe DaN could get in touch with one of them to make an interview or something for corroseum? That would be awsome. 8)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

would it be a good idea if I upload the album to my blog?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Khnud wrote:They go by the name of "Widow" as well. I'm actually a bit confused as to which name is the correct one, Ritual or Widow.
Actually, they don't. Some assholes bootlegged their Widow LP, but they also removed the bandname(Ritual) from the cover, thus creating the new and wrong name.

They recorded three more albums (other than Widow & VOTK) on really low-key labels so that you're very unlikely to find any copies or even evidence of their existence.

There are also plans to re-release the Widow album in 2008.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

The Evil Within Us wrote:Actually, they don't. Some assholes bootlegged their Widow LP, but they also removed the bandname(Ritual) from the cover, thus creating the new and wrong name.

They recorded three more albums (other than Widow & VOTK) on really low-key labels so that you're very unlikely to find any copies or even evidence of their existence.

I recently bought a copy of VOTK from the band. Great stuff! I like it even better than the Widow LP. Well worth the cost considering the value of the Dollar versus the Pound.

I also asked about the Widow re-issue and was told that "it is not in the cards at the present time". So don't expect one in 2008.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I can't help to be a bit sceptical about those other albums supposedly released in the 80's. Perhaps they were just tapes with little or no circulation? You'd think at least someone from the manic NWOBHM-collector fringe would have seen a copy at some point, but that is clearly not the case.

And are the precious few copies of the WIDOW LP that have turned up supposed to be bootlegs of an even more rare, yet unseen RITUAL-original?? Hm... fishy :?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

AxeCrazy wrote:
The Evil Within Us wrote:Actually, they don't. Some assholes bootlegged their Widow LP, but they also removed the bandname(Ritual) from the cover, thus creating the new and wrong name.

I recently bought a copy of VOTK from the band. Great stuff! I like it even better than the Widow LP. Well worth the cost considering the value of the Dollar versus the Pound.

I also asked about the Widow re-issue and was told that "it is not in the cards at the present time". So don't expect one in 2008.
Actually, a limited edition of Widow might even show up in 2007.

@DaN: Those other Ritual records are a bit of a mystery. But who knows, maybe they're just old tapes, or even solo records. They might not even exist. But I don't see why they would lie about it.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

metalmaster wrote:would it be a good idea if I upload the album to my blog?
surely it would :wink:
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

roihlem wrote:
metalmaster wrote:would it be a good idea if I upload the album to my blog?
surely it would :wink:
Ok, it will be uploaded later today
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Definitely an album worth uploading. Great music and one of my favourites from the NWoBHM-era.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'd rather see their single "Into the Night" uploaded somewhere.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

The Evil Within Us wrote:I'd rather see their single "Into the Night" uploaded somewhere.
I have 128kbps rip of it.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

the erlking wrote:
The Evil Within Us wrote:I'd rather see their single "Into the Night" uploaded somewhere.
I have 128kbps rip of it.
An upload would be much appreciated.