Lotus Cruise

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Lotus Cruise

Post by ION BRITTON »

I guess most of you have heard their 7'' which imo is one of the best obscure NWOBHM 7'' ever, simple yet catchy metal with very cool punky vocals, i'd describe them as a less dark and aggressive version of Cynic. I know that they have a lot of demo tracks but sadly haven't heard anything besides the 7''. Has anyone heard them and he's willing to share them online?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great 7". Never heard the demo's either :(
Long Live The Loud !!!
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Another great NWOBHM band! I do happen to possess a tape that contains all of their demo songs, which are as good as the single. I was going to rip it a while ago, but was told that the band was planning on reissuing them on CD soon.

Maybe Boris can provide some more info.

If there is no CD in the works, I am willing to rip and upload the demo.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Excellent single! Both sides slay!
Any updates on the cd issue?
boris

Post by boris »

Yes there are about 27 tracks worth of material, I have the CDR too, something the band gave to a couple of people some years ago. They keep saying they don't want it out in circulation because they intend to reissue it. No idea when are they going to do this, but they were quite strict about it not getting out prematurely.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Boris wrote:Yes there are about 27 tracks worth of material, I have the CDR too, something the band gave to a couple of people some years ago. They keep saying they don't want it out in circulation because they intend to reissue it. No idea when are they going to do this, but they were quite strict about it not getting out prematurely.
Hopefully they're just as strict about it getting released in the not too distant future.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Thanks for the update! I understand about them not wanting it circulated if they're trying to get it released. If/when it does come out, I'll hafta order a copy for sure
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, almost 2 years have passed. Does anybody know if and when they plan to release that 'something'?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Inquiring minds want to know!
Haven't seen Boris or Chris post here in awhile, so an answer may be slow in coming
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

AxeCrazy was here a few days ago, I don't know if he saw my question though.

nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

ION BRITTON wrote:AxeCrazy was here a few days ago, I don't know if he saw my question though.
Ah. My attendance hasn't been great lately, so i've probably missed some folks
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
lochinvar

Post by lochinvar »

Another (like Paralex or Arc) CD planned to release and ... few years ... and ... nothing !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

AxeCrazy wrote:Another great NWOBHM band! I do happen to possess a tape that contains all of their demo songs, which are as good as the single. I was going to rip it a while ago, but was told that the band was planning on reissuing them on CD soon.

Maybe Boris can provide some more info.

If there is no CD in the works, I am willing to rip and upload the demo.
Don't know if you're still around AxeCrazy, do you or anybody else know something about that reissue??

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Formerly known as Pablo Eaters.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Formerly known as Pablo Eaters.
I don't know about that, what I do know is that they released under the CRY monicker two more singles which are in the glam/HR vein. The demo material is supposed to be closer to the LOTUS CRUISE 7'' stylewise.