All Thrash experts - lend me your earz!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Awesome! I'm still missing that 7"!
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

®O©O wrote:New York / New Jersey HC bands. TP not my type. Outburst are ok.
LethylSteel wrote:US Hardcore and Punk bands ... funnily I was about to buy Outburst last month but couldn't due to financial problems!
:?

looks like it's friggin' time to expand my knowledge about HC. TP track reminds me of Holy Terror, which is always good.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I'm bumping this thread. The missing tracks are driving me crazy.

@LethylSteel: perhaps you could make another sampler. you seem to have enough material :wink:
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Yeah I'd love to know who's track 7, 16 and especially track 17. That guitarist is quite awesome. Hard to imagine they got airplay but noone knows their demo.
It drives me mad, they do sound so much alike Darkness or Deathrow that they should be known in the tape trader scene.

Fortunately these are the only songs that I did not know what bands that are. I only kept those due to that fact. Most of the old "radio tapes" are gone long time ago when I started getting the records.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Is it possible to re-upload this sampler (in case you still have it on your desk)???
Haven't seen it back then and now it seems to have disappeared.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Track 17 is already specified... comes from Assorted Heap debut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7L5SRfZCA
Last edited by Helstar on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Helstar wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:and especially track 17. That guitarist is quite awesome. Hard to imagine they got airplay but noone knows their demo.
It drives me mad, they do sound so much alike Darkness or Deathrow that they should be known in the tape trader scene.
Track 17 is already specified... comes from Assorted Heap debut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7L5SRfZCA
He meant track 15 probably.

@nasty Dokken Uwe
If mr. Steel won't upload it, then I will. which provider you prefer? I have account on Mega and Uploaded.

I admit, I like to seek a needle in a hay for a certain period of time, but it soon gets unnerving.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Noisenik wrote: If mr. Steel won't upload it, then I will. which provider you prefer? I have account on Mega and Uploaded.
It works. Haven't recognized that there were some more letters behind the red-underlined link.
Thanks anyway.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

I have it on CD in different track order. I meant tracks 15, 7 and the german demo track similar to Darkness/Deathrow is track 8 in the download folder.
Noisenik

Re: All Thrash experts - lend me your earz!

Post by Noisenik »

erkhm, Administructor, ever bothered actually to listen to this ? file is still downloadable, so when you will feel thrashthirsty look no further! We need your help and you surely know sth about those missing!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Track 15 was indeed Germans Damien Breed!
Last edited by LethylSteel on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

LethylSteel wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm Track 7 was indeed Germans Damien Breed!
You got a confirmation, a demo maybe?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

No, but I had an search running on another place and someone mentioned Damian Breed as well. So I've checked with another Damien Breed Demo track I had and it's the same vocalist, so it's indeed them. Btw. it was track 15 (not 7 as I mentioned before), I have the songs in a different order on my CD.

In the meanwhile another track got enriddled:
Track 7 = Eternal Dirge - The conclusion of iniquity (from "Right to the core" Demo 1989)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Nice, Dominic and me were right in our guessing then, 8 years ago :) !

Also, quite surprising to hear that the 7th song is from Eternal Dirge, their 2 albums sound completly different.

Nothing about the other songs yet ? The 8th and the 22th songs in particular are really good and stuck in my mind since then.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

I didn't stop searching in the past 8 years to find out what's that awesome track 8. I either found and contacted the radio moderator who played it in his show back in the day (yes I'm annoying 8) ), but neither he could remember it anymore. And noone else and I mean NOONE ever could tell me which band it is. I wonder if their Demo was indeed just a sort of Promo that never was officially spread, because such a classy Thrash band would burn into peoples minds for sure. :cry: