Updates 2003-09-21 - 2014-04-30
- 2014-04-30 - No, these updates for the Compilation encyclopedia were NOT announced over a year ago but never got uploaded as previously indicated - just an editing error. Now however is the time to present them in all their glory: Metal Brigade Volume 1, Metallic Bunnys, Full Force (vol. 0), DTA Records untitled EP, Metal Rock, Rock'in Soviet, Epoka Dla Nas, De Lenine A Lennon, Posloucháte Větrník 2 & 3.
- 2014-04-23 -The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles has finally been launched! (link added to 'A Dangerous Meeting'/features)
- 2011-12-31 - Some last update before the fireworks start.. A bunch of mixed local comps: 94 Rock, Brum Beats, FM 104: Toledo's Best Rock vol 1 and 2, Notepad Productions and Starview 92. Also, Mr. Vinny Black bids farwell to 2011 with a salute to 1986 and Reign In Blood in particular.
- 2011-12-03 - One last update before the server-switch. Compilations: Just Say No, All Night Metal Party, Venerock, Rock á Rouen, Rock For Peace (Soviet Russia), Rock Meets Metal vol. 3 and World, Wonderful People vol. 2 ...and lo and behold, a new label discog added: Leviathan Records.
- 2011-08-17 - From the mouth of David DeFeis to the keyboard of Per-Ola Nilsson and finally landing upon the ringwear of The Corroseum: The TRUE story of the EXORCIST, ORIGINAL SIN and 2nd PILEDRIVER albums. M-plo' FTW!
- 2011-08-15 - After a much-needed summer break, here's another very mixed bag of obscure comps dissected: At The Foot Of Brutality, En Enda Jord, KMEL's New Oasis, Metal Fusion, Northern Lights, Nynäs Rocks, Rock Från Havet, Russian Rock-91, San Jose Rocks Volume 1, Scream Out Loud Volume 1, Steel Crazy and Streetwise Number 2 Of 2.
- 2011-05-08 - Obscurerer & obscurerer additions to the ever-growing comp archive: Chicago Metal Works vol 2, Heavy Metal Force 2 & 3, The KOZZ 105 Homegrown Album, Metal 88, New York Metal 2, Peace Eater Volume 1 and Pûr Bést - Stifting Hollebatsers.
- 2011-04-23 - Sorry for disappearing these last 2 weeks - it won't happen again (for a while). Let's celebrate The Corroseum's return with even more luwly & obscure compilations!: 4 Kinds Of Metal, A Taste Of Armageddon, Apromus Live-EP, Detonation, Färgelanda Spelar & Sjunger, Head Line 1 & 2, Heavy Metal Force 4, Is This Heavy Or What?, Massacre Of Masters and Rock I Umeå.
- 2011-03-04 - It's been a busy & chaotic couple of months for me, but here's finally another update. Comps: 13K: Southern Valley Sounds, German Metal Fighters 2, Rock Pretty, Sounds '79, Southern New England's Best Rock, Warfare Noise Vol 3, Warriors, and The Whinging Album. PLUS!... The GOMCE Comp Vol. 2 is now ready and available for download. Enjoy!
- 2010-10-28 - A whole lot of obscure compilation albums added: Boston Rock & Roll Anthology Vol. 5 and 6, Break Out (Rockport Records), Chicago Metal Works 7, Eastern Carolina's Best 2, Feet On The Street, Full Force Vol. 2, Musik För Miljön, Rock For Peace and Sesiwn Sosban 2.
- 2010-10-19 - New feature: Nonseinormale's Guide To Italian Steel! A comprehensive guide to old Italian Heavy Metal vinyl and CDs, brought to us by the much industrious collector of Italian Steel, Marco "Nonseinormale" Gulino. More info to be found in the page intro... (regular link is parked in the FEATURES/A Dangerous Meeting-dept.)
- 2010-09-08 - Summer's over = more computer-time = more compilations dissected, most (but not all) of the 'mixed' kind: 99.5 KISS Homegrown Album, Chicago Metal Works 6, Lek I Fullt Alvor, Seven's Up, United Bands Of Europe, Uusi Musa and WRNO FM 100 - The Rock Album Vol 2.
- 2010-07-27 - Another batch of comps before it's off to HOA: 95YNF - The Pirate Album '83, Här Är Vi! Lysekil 1990, Heavy Rendezvous, São Power, Streetwise no. 1, Union-Bronx-Accryl-Blizzard and our first CD inclusion: War Declared. We'll hopefully be adding more of these in the future since it seems early, indie CD compilations are quite an unexplored area in Olde Metal Archeology. 1 more additon to the fanzine archive as well: Powerline #1.
- 2010-07-01 - Some new compilation-additions: Death Metal Session, The KGON Album, Ultrametal and Zhelezny Marsch 1 ...as well as 3 more zines added to the archive: Kick Ass #26 + #29 and Hard Rock USA #8 - all American and all great reads!
- 2010-06-11 - Another bunch of old dusty & yellowed zines added to The Corroseum's fanzines-archive: Eclats De Metal #15, Godzilla #1, Heavy Metal Demons #9, Load #6, Metal KO #2 & #3, Metal Madness #3 & #4, The New HM Revue #8 and Sledgehammer #14 ...and Keir keeps digging further into the depths of local-comps Americana: KSHE Seeds Homegrown Rock'n'Roll, KSHE 95 Seeds Vol 2, KZAP Hometown Album, Q107 Homegrown Vol 3, Queens Village Rocks Vol 1.
- 2010-05-25 - High time for more compilations. 3 US local/radio comps: Rock 106 Presents Homegrown, Unity Gain and Vinyl Ecstasy, 3 UK/NWOBHM titles: The Metal Collection vol. 1, Offering Of Isca and Parkside Steelworks, 2 soundtracks: Less Than Zero and Beach Balls, and finally our first Romanian addition: Rock '92 - Volumul 1.
- 2010-04-19 - 3 great old US zines added to the fanzine archive, hot from the scanner of Rob Preston: Suck City #12 + Metal Madness #1 & #2 - and comps comps comps! Domsday News 2, From The Megavault, Kristianstadrock vol 1 & 2 and Legión Subterranea.
- 2010-04-06 - A new unique collector-trivia page have been added to features: The Rockmapa-singles index. Pics, specs & comments on all 26 of them ...and as usual, more cult comps: Heavy Metal & Live, Iron Tyrants 3, Musikpuls, Pure Overkill and Southern Comfort 3.
- 2010-03-22 - 4 mixed rarities: The Bridge Album, First Boulon On The Rocks, Puissance 4 and Southern Comfort (vol. 1).
- 2010-03-18 - More obscure compilations added: Boston R & R Anthology #8, Destroika, Home Grown In NH vol 2 and Linköpingsrock 82.
- 2010-03-03 - Even more comps: 3:an, Chicago Metal Works Battalion 1, Chicago Rocks 1, Metal Massacre 10 and Quattro. I've also added another Azra-offspring to the labels index: Metalstorm Records.
- 2010-02-16 - More comps: Dream Sequence, Greece Attacks, Max's Kansas City 1977 (volume 2), Metal Gear, Playboy Street Rock, Rock Rock Rock, Rockmapa 2 ...and more zines: Renascimento Do Metal #24 & #27, Deathcore #1 & #2 and United Throng #1 added to the zine archive.
- 2010-02-09 - Time for some more compilations: Break Out - German Metal Tracks 5, Escuadrón Metálico 1 and two Swedish wimp-alerts: R & R and Tracks. Metal Meltdown #1 and Renascimento Do Metal #26 have also been added to the fanzine archive.
- 2010-02-02 - Following the old Corroseum-tradition of publishing unique interviews with unique bands I think this BLACK HOLE-feature tops all previous contenders in ze kult & ze obscüre (...although it should be mentioned I can't really take credit for this one)
- 2010-02-01 - I've started another new feature on the site: 80's Metal fanzines - pics, specs + links to full scans downloadable as pdfs. I've begun with a very random selection of 7 titles, but more will be added in the following months. Contributions are more than welcome! (page link under A Dangerous Meeting/FEATURES)
- 2010-01-25 - The last New Renaissance comps Thrash Metal Attack 1 & 2 + three more US radio-obsurities, Q-FM-96 Hometown Album Project, Home Spun Too and KAZY: Thunder On The Mountain added to the compilation archive.
- 2010-01-18 - I've been lazy with adding interresting webzines to the links-page, but hopefully this will change in the future. Here's a new & interesting one I just learned about: Demolish Fanzine. Check it out!
...and 3 more comps: Always Catching Snot In The Wind, Four Fabulous Freaks & Street Survivors.
- 2010-01-09 - 2 Los Angeles comps, LA Steel + Rock Climbers, one Italian obcurity, Metalmaniac and a big fat ugly Swede, Rockslaget added to the compilation page.
- 2010-01-04 - Some discography updates for a change: Aussie cult label Metal For Melbourne + Azra Records' quasi-imprints Masque Records and World Metal.
- 2010-01-03 - First compilation updates of the decade: Breaking With Tradition, Drag Utan Droger I, The Heavy Touch, Just'in Power, Massachusetts Metal, Metal In Rocks Vol. I, Metal Outlet and Metal Over America.
- 2009-12-28 - Last compilation updates of the decade: 97 Underground, Heavy Metal Force 1, Skånsk Rock 3 and the last on-topic Pang Records releases: Rock Beast, Rock'n'Rock, Pang I Bygget and Mixed Music For Lonely Nights.
- 2009-12-18 - 2 ill-fitted pairs of siblings of the V/A-kind added to the encyclopedia: KNAC - Pure Rock / KNAC - Son of Pure Rock and Metalmania 88 / Metalmania 89.
- 2009-12-11 - Various various-updates: A Rather Nasty Dream On Papplewick Pond, American Underground, Lethal Noise, Raging Death, WCMF 96: Homegrown 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, Weine Wräk's Poporkester/Östgötarock.
- 2009-12-05 - More V/A-worship: California Metal 1 & 2, Hard-Rock Rendez-Vous, Metal Hour: German Metal Tracks No 4, Moose Molten Metal Volume 2, Satan's Revenge 1 & 2, WAPP: New York Rocks 1983, WBAB: Homegrown & Son Of Homegrown.
- 2009-11-25 - Some Swedish and American mixed albums added to the compilation page: Elva Band, N.J. Rock, Projekt 12, Skånsk Rock I & II, WEBN Album Project 4, 5, 6 & 7, The X LP.
- 2009-11-19 - Compilation updates - one from sunny California: Metal Madness, two from sunny Spain: Metal Nacional vol 1 and Descarga Norte, and finally one from the not-so-sunny Soviet Russia: Monsters Of Rock USSR.
- 2009-11-16 - New compilation-additions: California's Best Metal, Chicago's Class Of '87, Dynamic Artists Rock Vol. I, Maple Metal, Motor City Rocks II, Posloucháte Větrník 1, Rockový Maratón 2 and Underground Resistance Volume I.
- 2009-11-06 - First update of The GOMCE: Barod Am Rock 1, Full Force vol 1, The Metaluna Syndrome, Muthas Pride and Ready To Rock.
- 2009-10-30 - It is with great pride The Corroseum presents a brand new feature to the site: The Great Olde Metal Compilation Encyclopedia! This is a co-op with US compilation-fan/collector Keir Howell and what we're aiming for is the best resource on 80's Metal v/a's on the web - a fairly ignored subject in our opinion. Keep an eye out for updates every 1-2 weeks..
I've also added a very rudimentary
Reaction Records discog to the bottom of the Ebony page. Get in touch if you can help out with more info.
- 2009-09-01 - Inbetween working with The Next Big Project I've finally managed to complete the Under One Flag discog.
- 2009-08-06 - New must-see link added to the links dept: Italian Metal Enciclopedia.
- 2009-07-08 - Once again it's been a while, but now the Rock Brigade Records page (the vinyl years) is finally finished.
- 2009-03-18 - 3 labels closer to the finish line of this bloody thing: Whiplash Records, Discotto Metal and ZYX Metal/ZYX Metallic.
- 2009-02-20 - After countless hours of research: DS Recording/D&S Records!
- 2009-02-19 - Time to look southward and start dissecting the old Brazilian Metalmongers. 5 old Braz-labels added: Enigma Discos, Heavy Discos, Heavy Metal Maniac Records, Point Rock Discos and Woodstock Discos.
- 2009-02-16 - Further on the subject of carnivorous big fish: Shark Records.
- 2009-02-15 - At the risk of over-using the word "finally": Finally a (half-assed) Silver Fin Records discog page added.
- 2009-02-01 - I FINALLY got rid of the "squeaky-clean reissue" look of the site and gave it some proper, heavy ringware and yellowing. I also scrapped the frames in the process, so all individual pages of the site will now have the navigator + top graphics. More redesigning might follow shortly..
- 2009-01-22 - More label dicogs - it never ends! This time 2 small ones from eastern Europe: Death City Records and Explosive Records.
- 2009-01-12 - For the first time since Hendrix went electric: A brand new Corroseum interview! It's with trembling fingers I proudly present you: COVEN!
I've also added a link to another French Metal-related page you really need to check out: Des 45 Tours De Hard Rock Francais. No french-readin' skills needed to enjoy this one, I'm sure.
- 2009-01-02 - New Year, new leaf, old news dumped in the link below..
The Steamhammer Records discog (1984-1991) is finally
done, but as often it's far from complete. You know what to do.
Another grrreat 'National' Olde Heavy Metal Encyclopedia-site recently came to my attention and has been added to the links page. This time a Polish one called DOROSŁE DZIECI and it's a must-read, trust me.
- 2008-11-14 - While I'm waiting to complete a few huge ones, here's another small indie label discog: R.K.T. Records.
- 2008-09-16 - 2 more discogs: the Motörhead-related GWR Records and the small Sword Records from Sweden. A link to www.irishrock.org has also been added. Read more in the links dept.
- 2008-08-27 - A fat-ass new discography added: Combat Records!
- 2008-08-18 - 2 serpentine cannucks added to the label discogs: Cobra Records and Viper Records ...which got me in a Canadian mood so I also added THOR Central and the official ANVIL home page to the band links.
- 2008-08-14 - The rather suspect Grudge Records has been added to the labels index.
- 2008-08-11 - Another label discog: Axis/Active Records.
- 2008-08-10 - 2 more discographies added: Mexican cult-label Avanzada Metalica and classic White Metal-mongers Pure Metal.
- 2008-08-07 - 3 links worthy of your attention added: the unofficial OZ-fansite, "Lawless' Soviet Metal Collection" and Era Rock Kapak, a blog with tons of Malaysian Metal info. More info in the links section.
- 2008-08-04 - Small indie label Napalm Records added to the labels index.
- 2008-07-31 - Despite the heat I've managed to scrape together 2 more classic discogs: Music For Nations (the 80's) and Iron Works (help needed).
- 2008-07-02 - A real GAMA Musikverlag-page is finally finished, including all your fave (?) Germal kult-labels like Scratch, Hot Blood, Camel, Sri Lanca etc.
- 2008-06-11 - Weather's just getting too good over here for spending hours in front of a computer screen googling for serialnumbers, but I needed a break from the good life so here's 2 more discogs: Flametrader Records and Megaforce Records ( the early years) + links to 2 great Banzai Records-pages.
...AND I've now increased my server space so all hi-res coverscans (reviews) are back up.
- 2008-05-13 - Classic JPN label Mandrake Root and the small, American Shatter Records added to the label index.
- 2008-05-09 - Guess what: more labels! 3 Japanese ones added: (Rock House) Explosion Records, Electric Lady Land Records and Fasten Up Records. More JPN-Metal to come...
- 2008-05-05 - A selected Guardian Records n' Tapes discog has been added, as well as well as a small introduction to their Swedish "counterparts" Pang Records. For those with a taste for more brutal Metal I've also added a link to Peter Ott's impressive Label List in the links dept.
- 2008-04-29 - Added the Other- and G.I. Records discogs to the Metalother-page since they're basically the same label.
- 2008-04-23 - Shrapnel Records (The Vinyl Years) just got added to the label discogs.
- 2008-04-20 - I've now designed my own discog-pages for Devil's Records and Metalmaster with the help of Forgotten Steel's old lists, and added a brand new label: the Italian LM Records.
- 2008-04-16 - The biggest one yet: Noise International (1983-1989)
- 2008-04-14 - This is Metal Mentis! Minotauro Records added to the labels index.
- 2008-04-12 - Another classic: Axe Killer Records! ...as well as the obscure, Norwegian micro-label Angel Records. Both discogs should be complete.
- 2008-04-10 - Time for a classic: New Renaissance Records is now added to the labels discog'-section.
- 2008-04-03 - One last update before it's off to KIT: Discographies of 2 of France's most "collectable" record labels - Sydney Productions and Dream Records.
- 2008-03-31 - FINALLY done with the Metal Blade index! Sort of. This one only go as far as 1986. Check the link for details. 3 great, informative links added: Metal Made In Germany, Texas Metal Underground and the very impressive France Metal Museum.
- 2008-03-28 - 2 more labels: Metalcore and Pentagram Records.
- 2008-03-27 - 3 more labels: Megaton, Mongol Horde and Moshroom.
- 2008-03-26 - 3 new labels added: Underground Records (demo series), Criminal Response and Megavolt. Even more tomorrow.
- 2008-03-25 - I'm proud to present a whole new section of The Corroseum: The Olde Metal Labels Index! You'll notice that I've now scrapped the "Death Tone"/SOUNDS-button (the old concept of uploading a few mp3-tasters of albums felt obsolete) on your upper right and replaced it with "Kings Of Evil"/LABELS. I also had to remove many of the hi-res covers from the reviews-section to make room on the server. Don't worry, they'll be back shortly.
- 2008-03-10 - 2 quite interesting pages have been added to the links page: Scandinavian Metal Forest and Garden Of Japanese Hard Rock And Heavy Metal 1970 - 1996. (both connected to the Last Witch Records site)
- 2008-03-03 - The reviews of CROWLEY (EP and LP), CRYSYS, DARKSTARR, DWARR, EUDOXIS, FLAMES OF HELL, HAMMERHAWK, LotCA, ROLLERBALL, UNITED and WHITE HELL have been updated with links to Vibration Of Doom's preview-pages for those who want to have a quick listen.
- 2008-02-27 - Did some minor corrections on rarity-ratings and other stuff in the reviews. A thread for posting corrections have been started in the forum.
The link page also got a thorough spring-cleaning. 2 important updates: The return of Metal Treasures (!) and Den Of Iniquity zine's 80's Belgian Metal site. (the old Belgian Metal site mentioned below seem to be gone)
More link updates to come soon. Submit your suggestions in this thread at the forum.
- 2008-02-25 - *yawn*... Nothing like a good nights sleep, is there?
Could DETEST be one of the Last Great Unknowns in Metal Vinyl Hunting? Quite possible I'd say.
- 2006-11-29 - Norway's best Metal LP ever, the
Rocks" compilation is now reviewed, a handful of updates
in the Swedish
Mixed Compilations list have been added and 2 obscure links have been uncovered: Heavy
Metal Labels and HEAVY
METAL en Espaņa - both quite self-explanatory.
- 2006-11-21 - 3 more Dutch reissues from the
Rusty Cage Records label reviewed: MYSTO
DYSTO, LWSI and HAMMERHAWK,
as well as Canadian steamhammers EUDOXIS.
If you've ever been curious about Belgian and Cuban Metal there's 2 links on these subjects added in the links dept and I've finally up & downdated the vinyl
- 2006-10-09 - Here's
a little something I've been working on on&off for the last few
months. Now I need all die-hard collectors out there to help me fill
in the blanks. Either post something in the appropriate forum or e-mail me your tips and suggestions.
- 2006-08-28 - 2 more nation-bias
Metal trivia links added to the link
page: the brand new Holland
Heavy Metal site and the Greece
Attacks article. And no, I still don't add links to the link-page
unless they're really great and informative so check 'em out pronto!
- 2006-08-18 - High time
for some new reviews don't ya think? Check out Belgian masters TRIAL,
obscure Iceland thrashers BOOTLEGS and the brand new reissue of Dutchmen JEWEL.
- 2006-08-11 - Straightened
out a few ?'s concerning the Pang
Records LP discography in the Swedish Mixed Comps article.
- 2006-08-01 - 2 new interesting links have been
City Rock, which aim to document the complete 80's rock scene of
Detroit, including plenty of obscure old Metal acts, and Violently
Oldschool, a new (?) forum for, well, violently oldschool Metal.
- 2006-07-24 - In case you
missed the main page: The
Corroseum Forum is now open for business! Sign up + start postin'.
Reviews of 2 Scandinavian singles have also been added: the classic
Doom-outfit FAITH and Norwegian unknowns INNOXIOUS.
- 2006-07-14 - Huzzah! New reviews! ARGUS, CALVARIO, the "No Futuro" compilation and finally the TUDOR double-LP. Yosuke, I hang my head in shame :(
- 2006-06-28 - A bunch of links has been added
to the link page + I made 1 small
addition to the Swedish
mixed comps-article. Maybe I should finish some new reviews 'til
the weekend? Hm...
- 2006-06-20 - Just
a new link added to the links-dept,
but it's a good one that deserves some extra attention: at the occitan_oldschool_metalhead-blog
you can download some really cool & rare old demos/live material
from bands like EVIL, SATAN'S HOST, SYRON VANES etc... And I hope you
haven't missed that the complete recordings of RESISTENCIA is now available
for download at their homepage?
(click on "Descargar")
- 2006-06-14 - Um, wow, site down for almost...
3 months! Yuch! Here's some new shit: reviews of the impossibly
scarce STRESS 7"
and the godly TEMPEST 12", a long article on obscure Swedish
mixed compilations featuring Metallic oddballs, an old but great CIRITH
UNGOL-interview (once again donated by Mr. J. L. Cano) and some
updates in the links dept. C-ya
next year or something.
- 2005-03-18 - If anyone of you thought that
The Corroseum is dead you are severely mistaken! It's the bloody web-access
shit I've ranted about many times earlier and to prove that I'm as active
as ever (or more!), here's an interview I'm so fucking proud of it almost
brings a tear to my eye: the Godly SARCOFAGUS!
(snivel, sob, fist-held-high, etc...) ...and the usual batch of reviews,
like the huh?-what?-really!?!-FUCKING RARE FLAMES
OF HELL, epicsters STONEFIELD,
kick-ass Thrashers MORBID
SAINT, the 3rd TURBO review, the 3rd "Metal
Power" review, US Goddess MALISHA and on a lighter note, the not-so-great-but-elusive HELLBREATH.
Of course I wouldn't leave you in the dark as far as actual Metal
Music goes after 2 moths of silence, so please check out the Death
Tone-section for 3 of the most skull-crushing em-pee-3's so far. "Yeah, you like it, doncha BITCH?!"
- 2005-01-20 - First of all I'm happy to present
an article on the infamous Metal
Enterprises label I've been planning to do for ages. I hope it will
spur your interest in this sick label. A wide array of reviews for you
as well: Danish unknowns RANDY,
the young Finns MASTERWORK,
American Metal Gods GLACIER,
Doom/psyche oddballs DWARR,
epic NWOBHMists OMEGA,
the super-rare DORSAL
ATLÂNTICA/METALMORPHOSE split-LP and a lost-&-found
review I wrote years ago for the Metal Treasures-site (r.i.p.) but forgot
about: Venezuelan cultists ARKANGEL!
I noticed that some of the hi-res pix of the last
updates were missing, so that's been taken care of. I've also added
links in the GOTHAM CITY, DRUID and RENEGADE reviews to where you can have a quick listen at the music (courtesy
of Vibrations Of Doom webzine, as usual). Last but not least a new
mp3 of one of the finest Swedish Metal Songs ever made. I urge you
to not miss out on this epic masterpiece!
- 2004-12-22 - Here's another batch of finished
reviews from my 2 month internet incubation. 2 Swedish oldies (RISING
FORCE & ZONE
ZERO), a forgotten Italian (ROLLERBALL),
a classic Canadian collectable (TROP
FEROSS) and finally some scribblings on the Ultimate
Cult Deathsters PARABELLUM! (1st and 2nd EP)
+ a great, brand new mp3. Last
but not least I'm very glad to present a link to the new SWEDISH
METAL From The Past website. A totally essential hangout for FWOSHM-fans
and collectors! ...Oh, and also a link to a Croatian
Heavy Metal History page worth checking out.
- 2004-12-15 - Being without a proper internet
connection is a bitch, but hopefully this will change after new year.
I haven't been that lazy though. Here's 4 new reviews w/ MERSINARY, DRUID, LORETTA and GOTHAM CITY,
plus 3 brand new mp3's and probably some minor
changes and stuff that occured through these last 2 months... More soon!
- 2004-10-15 - Out with the old and in with the
new - 3 new mp3's have been uploaded:
KIM SIXX, METAL LADY and HEATHER LEATHER. Yes, it's girl's night out
here at The Corroseum. Hope you like the ladies.
- 2004-10-12 - Plenty of new stuff on the way.
Today you'll have to settle for 3 new reviews of such varied artists
as TUDOR, UNITED and METAL LADY,
a whole bunch of new interesting links (finally added some cool, off-topic links at the end of the page) and
for your education, my Heavy Metal
Yardsticks by which I render all other Metal godly or unlistenable.
Note that I've removed the link to the old Ferrum-Forum, since I'm doing
a new on my current webhost. Stay tuned..
- 2004-07-11 - I'm proud to present for the first
time on the web, an exclusive, in-depth interview with the sensational DEEP SWITCH!
- 2004-07-10 - Ahem.. and today's update is: RAW
- 2004-07-09 - Time to dissect another supa'-dupa'-rare
US private pressing. Well, actually MYSTIQUE were from Canada, but "they're not even a real country anyway.." as the song goes...
- 2004-07-08 - I've announced a winner for the
T-shirt competition and provided the right answers for the cover-quiz
at the main page. I still have a few T-shirts
left, so they will be for sale for an affordable sum. More details soon.
A review of a Russian classic, MAGNIT,
has also been added.
- 2004-06-29 - Despite my plans to take a summer
vacation from all things creative, I just couldn't keep away from the
keyboard! I've added 2 new interviews with cult thrashers FLAMES and NECRONOMICON,
5 new reviews: COVEN, FUTURE TENSE, MANIMALS, SHELDER and Metal Power II and links to the Dutch Heavy Metal forum and the new DEEP
SWITCH home page. Go and download their complete killer album on
mp3 there now! I've also added no less than 3 new mp3's.
- 2004-05-10 - What do you mean I'm slow with
updates?! It's spring for fucksakes! Don't you think I've better things
to do than sit in front of a computer all day?? Oh well, here's a review
of KIM SIXX, a new MONSTROUS mp3 and 2 interesting links: the
recently launched official SARCOFAGUS web page (!) and an interesting new NWOBHM-site called Dunsy.
I've also "enhanced" some of the graphics since I didn't think
the site looked ugly and illegible enough. There's a pretty neat competition
in connection to this. Check out the main
page for more info!
- 2004-04-30 - High time for a new
mp3 don't you think? And a new review perhaps? Here's a piece on SYE's superior 2nd
- 2004-04-18 - Weekend = new mp3. Here's an ultra-fast, ultra-obscure Death Metal attack for those in a destructive
mood. (actually the most "normal" piece on the album)
- 2004-04-16 - A review of Uruguay's obscure Deathmetallers GRAF SPEE has
- 2004-04-15 - After finally winding down from
my visit to the Keep It True festival in Germany (more on that soon!),
I've done some updates: a very delayed new
mp3 from a very obscure US Metal item few have had the honor of
hearing. I've been having trouble uploading this longer piece, so I've
had to edit it down to 4 minutes. It still serves it's purpouse though,
and I hope you bear with me until I've come up with a better solution.
A review of the excellent INNER
SANCTUM LP has also been added.
- 2004-04-09 - The new Corroseum is
launched! A whole new design and new domain. I hope this will excuse
the sporadic updates of the last weeks. Loads of heavy shit to come!
- 2004-04-07 - Secretly testing the new site.
"It's alive!! WOAHAHAHAHA!!!"
- 2004-04-04 - Another week gone by, another review
(another compilation actually - "Metal
Power"), another interesting collector-link added (Necromancy)
and ofcourse another fantastic mp3 that should satify any fan of Hard and HEAVY Metal; thrashers, traditionalists
and obscuritists alike.
- 2004-03-28 - It's sunday
so as promised a new mp3 has been poured into The
Bitstream Of Steel. Fans of class-A US Metal should not miss out
on this masterpiece! If you want to check out more of the stuff reviewed,
note that V.O.D. has had the good taste to add ALIEN
FORCE, ANNATHEMA, DEEP SWITCH and DUM
DUM BULLET to their library of Metallic sound.
- 2004-03-22 - NEW FEATURE-ALERT! I've
just upploaded 3 mp3's from albums reviewed, and more will follow! Here's
- 2004-03-18 - Oh you want
reviews too? OK, here's a very rare Swedish compilation, amptly named "Heavy Metal".
- 2004-04-15 - Well I finally updated (or
rather downdated) the tradelist.
Not an abundance of new titles, but I'm keeping more & more stuff
for myself nowdays:)
- 2004-03-06 - I recently found my old list of
demo tapes for trade/sale (originals ofcourse), so I've added it to
the trading page. It's
mostly Death/Thrash stuff, but have
- 2004-03-05 - I've promised to review most of
the old and obscure Black Metal platters, so I guess there's no escaping
this one. Here's all you need to know about EXTERMINATOR.
*signing will & goes into hiding in fear of enraged
14yo true black metal kids*
- 2004-03-03 - Need to up the Death/Thrash quota,
so here's a review of the excellent QUO
- 2004-03-02 - Time to start reviewing the classics!
Here's a HEAVY Metal top-20 favourite of mine: BLACK
- 2004-02-26 - After days of intensive work I
can now introduce a new feature on The Corroseum: High-resolution
covers for most of the albums reviewed! I've also reviewed my first
reissue, the CHARLIE 'UNGRY CD. More on these subjects at the start
page. There's also a few new links added, mostly band pages, at
the go further page.
- 2004-02-23 - The Mexican GEHENNA gets a
good, but somewhat critical review today.
- 2004-02-22 - A review
of prime, old-school Euro-Metallers SAD
- 2004-02-21 - Another superduper-rarity
reviewed: "NWOBHM-legends" CRACKED
MIRROR, mostly for educational reasons, really.
- 2004-02-20 - Time for a heavy-as-mastadon-shit
- 2004-02-19 - The better the music, the more
to write, right? I hereby URGE you to check out the incredible! the
sensational! the... atomic! VARVAR and read the review that turned into an essay.
- 2004-02-18 - Well, tonight I spent hours optimizing
a shitload of old cover pix just to save you a few seconds of surfin'
time. Hopefully some of them look even better than before. Hurray for
- 2004-02-17 - 2 links for the Thrash-fans have
been added to the go further page: Ruuth's Inn and The Thrash
Metal List, and there's a review of DARKSTARR for all you fans of super-rare US private pressings. Finally I'd just
like to push you in the direction of my THE
HAND OF DOOM and ARC reviews
again, from where you now can have a listen to these amazing records!
(cortesy of V.O.D. webzine)
- 2004-02-16 - Another EP and the rarest so far: CROWLEY!
- 2004-02-14 - A review
of fine Finnish Powerthrashers WARMATH added.
- 2004-02-10 - Texan latino-girlies HEATHER
LEATHER gets a patronizing pat on the head.
- 2004-02-09 - Would you belive me if I told you
a band calling themselves MALIBU
BARBI fuckin' slayed?! Well, read on then....
- 2004-02-08 - High time
for an update: WAGES
- 2004-01-20 - Yes it's true. I've fixed the navigation
bar. I think. If you're still having trouble with it, PLEASE let
me know, OK? (And be specific)
- 2004-01-19 - Phew! Finally
unemployed and back with more time than ever to work with the important
things in life! First there's 2 more reviews: Italian Metal-gods DANGER
ZONE and finally some true, old-school Black Metal in the form
of Brazilians GENOCIDIO. I've
also added a link from each review to a part of The
Ferrum-Forum where you can comment on the reviews. Last but not
Part nostalgia, part public demand has deemed it apropriate at this
time to upload a copy of my first ever Metal-oriented site: DaN'sUndergroundMetalSiteThing.
It's a bloody mess and full of errors and embarrasments, but it makes
a fun reading at times. Somewhere in there are also links to another
music site I worked with for a while but never unleashed. (I should
warn you that these pages in question are EXTREMELY off-topic. Enter
at your own risk;)
- 2003-12-29 - Inbetween X-mas stress-recovery
and New Years Eve-party preps I cannot leave visitors starving. Here's
one for the Thrashers: FRONT.
- 2003-12-07 - Added: A
review of some fine US-Metal in the form of SINFUL.
- 2003-12-03 - Australian Black Thrashers RENEGADE be praised here! 2 more extremely rare albums previously reviewed
can now be listened to, courtesy of the Vibrations
Of Doom webzine: SAVAGERS and the incredible SHOCKSPLIT!
Go go go!
- 2003-11-27 - A second TURBO-review has been added.
- 2003-11-26 - Finally, the RESISTENCIA-interview is updated and finalized! Don't miss out on this essential cult-band!
- 2003-11-24 - The first in a series of reviews
of Poland's finest, TURBO,
has been added.
- 2003-11-22 - Devilworshippers
rejoice! A "new" cult-item to covet: WHITE
- 2003-11-21 - My god! Almost a month and no updates!
It's a wonder you even bothered to come back. Anyway, I had my reasons...
Here's a review of the killer "Metal
Deadness" Split-LP with SECOND HELL and SKULL
CRUSHER. I've also added 2 very important links on the "go
MISKATONIC FOUNDATION and the FORGOTTEN
STEEL webzine. Don't miss!
- 2003-10-27 - US mystery-band LORDS OF THE CRIMSON ALLIANCE gets some well-deserved hype on the review pages.
- 2003-10-21 - Hungarian
Power/Heavy Metallers STRESS have been added to the reviews and I've given the "go
further" page a facelift.
- 2003-10-20 - A
review of the old Yugoslavian cult-Thrashers HELLER have been added.
- 2003-10-15 - Thanx to
Steve Cannon and his Vibrations
Of Doom webzine, the following reviews now have links added to them
where you can listen to the complete albums in RealAudio-format: BLACK
HOLE, LEGION, MYSTO
DYSTO, OVERLORD, SPECTRAL
RIDER, UNREAL TERROR and WHITE NIGHT. I also
did some minor rearrangements in The
- 2003-10-14 - Site is semi-officially
launched! Sod 'em nasty bugs! "I'll fix them tomorrow..."
- 2003-10-09 - The
RESISTENCIA-interview is laid out and uploaded. Most of it anyway.
- 2003-09-29 - 5 previously unpublished reviews
added: ANNATHEMA, DEEP SWITCH, THE KINGDOM, THE PLADS and SHOCKSPLIT (everyone need to know about this last one!)
- 2003-09-21 - site secretly test-launched. looking
good, but not perfect...