SBS ( Lithuania ) - S/T LP 2024

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
lunaboy

SBS ( Lithuania ) - S/T LP 2024

Post by lunaboy »

SBS ( Spicy Bits Of Scandal ) were one of the first Hard Rock / Heavy Metal bands from Lithuania. They started back in 1979 . In late 80's SBS started recordings and these were supposed to be the first LP on Melodya label ,but there were a lot of problems. Censorship, lack of time and many many more. Songs were recorded,but then again Lithuania back in 1990 declared independience from USSR and LP / vinyl never materialized. And now in 2024 SBS presents these recordings for the first time on Vinyl. This is ORIGINAL recordings. Not any kind of "remakes" or "re-recordings". If you like this band - Buy vinyl. It's a lot better than any shite russkies like magnit, aria or another crap.

https://mtmusic.lt/en/lp-sbs-quot-spicy ... tlKYAsdWwM

VictimeDelExil

Re: SBS ( Lithuania ) - S/T LP 2024

Post by VictimeDelExil »

This is definitely the best sounding Lithuanian band I've heard. I've checked out a few Lithuanian bands and unfortunately most of them were a bit disappointing. Now I can understand that you're Lithuanian so you have resentment towards Russia due to Soviet oppression, but I can't really say this band is BETTER than Magnit. It's definitely as good as the best Russian bands for sure.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:19 pm I've checked out a few Lithuanian bands and unfortunately most of them were a bit disappointing.
Check out KATEDRA . This band were Kult here in Lithuania. When they supported Aria in Moscow back in 1987 Aria's manager and sound engineer in awe saw on soundcheck that KATEDRA will blow aria on stage so he mixed the most Shitty sound in this gig for Lithuanians. Everyone talked about it.

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cheers for the tip! Sounds pretty nice. Will pick up the vinyl if/when it's available. That link seems like a dead end though.

However...
lunaboy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:28 am..It's a lot better than any shite russkies like magnit, aria or another crap.
C'mon, no need to go there just because Reasons :(
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Just type SBS in the search there on the site. It will display the LP quickly, but that price is ridiculous for a new record seriously. 45 Euro plus shipping???

DaN wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:10 pm Cheers for the tip! Sounds pretty nice. Will pick up the vinyl if/when it's available. That link seems like a dead end though.

However...
lunaboy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:28 am..It's a lot better than any shite russkies like magnit, aria or another crap.
C'mon, no need to go there just because Reasons :(
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...