CULT OF THE UNDERDOG Podcast : Episode 12 Now Available!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Noisenik

Re: CULT OF THE UNDERDOG Podcast : Episode 12 Now Available!

Post by Noisenik »

MC5, PATTO, NEW BOMB TURKS, BACKYARD BABIES ... how much history ignored and missed.

Still cannot help myself not to wonder, how many, many tracks sound better in a compilation / mix environment like this than on an album.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:29 pm MC5, PATTO, NEW BOMB TURKS, BACKYARD BABIES ... how much history ignored and missed. Still cannot help myself not to wonder, how many, many tracks sound better in a compilation / mix environment like this than on an album.
That can definitely be true. It's similar to that phenomenon of hearing music at a friends house & enjoying the tunes enough to ask what i'm hearing. I then play the same music at my place yet somehow it doesn't resonate with me at all. I may even actively dislike it. It's happened to me many times over the years so apparently the setting can make a big difference.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:31 am That can definitely be true. It's similar to that phenomenon of hearing music at a friends house & enjoying the tunes enough to ask what i'm hearing. I then play the same music at my place yet somehow it doesn't resonate with me at all. I may even actively dislike it. It's happened to me many times over the years so apparently the setting can make a big difference.
Especially a setting with alcohol! :lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

tbieri wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:37 am
bigfootkit wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:31 am That can definitely be true. It's similar to that phenomenon of hearing music at a friends house & enjoying the tunes enough to ask what i'm hearing. I then play the same music at my place yet somehow it doesn't resonate with me at all. I may even actively dislike it. It's happened to me many times over the years so apparently the setting can make a big difference.
Especially a setting with alcohol! :lol:
:) Very true.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.