STORMSPELL new releases

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

STORMSPELL new releases

Post by Stormspell »

Havent pimped anything in ages, so here comes:
P.S. I know that some of those are probably not of interest here, but just in case...

4 new releases coming out July 31st, 2023

TARGET - Demo Anthology (1986-1988) CD
CD FEATURES:
• Complete demo anthology, featuring Demos 1986, 1987, 1988 and two live tracks from 1988
• 8-page booklet with archive photos and liner notes by Franky Van Aerde
• Cover Artwork by Yannick Bouchard
• Restored and remastered from the best possible sources by Brandon Seyboth at Headroom Labs.
• CD pressing, limited to 500 copies worldwide. Vol.4 of Beyond the Arcane re-release series.

Belgian techno-thrash masters from the 80s. A complete demo anthology with some extras. Artwork by Yannick Bouchard and liner notes by founding member Franky Van Aerde, restored and remastered from the best possible sources by Brandon Seyboth at Headroom Labs.

For fans of MEKONG DELTA, LAST DESCENDANTS, early SIEGES EVEN, WATCHTOWER

MAGNABOLT - S/T CD
CD FEATURES:
• Reissue of the cult underground USPM album for first time on CD format.
• 8-page booklet with lyrics, liner notes, photos, credits.
• Cover Artwork by Yannick Bouchard
• Featuring one bonus track
• CD pressing, limited to 500 copies worldwide

A short-lived band from Portland, Oregon, featuring past and current members of Lethurbitch, White Lightning, Demon's Bell, Last Empire, Weresquatch just to name a few.

The band released one album (in digital format only) before fading out of existence. Finally, the time has come to put it out on CD format, with one bonus track and killer new coverart by Yannick Bouchard.

Classic USPM with technical flare, paying homage to HELSTAR, CAULDRON BORN, DESTINY'S END, LAST EMPIRE, etc.

BURNING SUN - Wake of Ashes CD
CD FEATURES:
• Debut album, featuring 8 tracks of classic Euro power metal
• 12-page booklet with lyrics, liner notes, photos, credits.
• Cover Artwork by Alan Lathwell
• Internal illustrations by Márta “Mira” Füredi
• CD pressing, limited to 300 copies worldwide

Hungarian-based project, devised and coordinated by Zoltán Papi, and featuring impressive plethora of well-known and respected underground musicians, such as Pancho Ireland (Merciless Law), Alessio Perardi (Airborn), Cederick Forsberg (Blazon Stone, Rocka Rollas) among others.

The lyrical concept is largely inspired and build around Zoltan's World of Warcraft character - Emaly, taking her on a perilous, yet epic quest through the soundscape of classic Euro power metal.

For fans of HELLOWEEN, GRAVE DIGGER, IRON SAVIOR

BITTER VELVET - Unleashed Fears CD
CD FEATURES:
• Debut album, featuring 8 tracks of pure killer heavy metal nostalgia for all fans stuck in the 80s and proud of it.
• 8-page booklet with lyrics, liner notes, photos, credits.
• Cover Artwork by ZavMx Multimedia
• CD pressing, limited to 300 copies worldwide

The new project of multi-talented Sage Zavage (Curse Breaker, Blade's Edge), along with his beautiful and equally talented girlfriend Malikce on vocals. Those guys may be young, but have captured the essence of the 80s and are delivering a fantastic slab of retro nostalgia, loaded with memorable melodies, huge sing-along choruses, killer riffs, big hooks, and fiery solos. Recommended to everyone stuck in the 80s and proud of it!

Akin to early ROBYN DANGER, classic era WARLOCK, HELLION, CHASTAIN
Stormspell

Re: STORMSPELL new releases

Post by Stormspell »

Also in the works to be released later in the summer / fall:

DOFKA - Toxic Wasteland CD and INVICTA - Axeman's Altar CD but I'll make a separate threads for those
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Stormspell wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:08 am Havent pimped anything in ages, so here comes:
P.S. I know that some of those are probably not of interest here, but just in case...
NO! It's great to see that Stormspell is still alive and well :D
(If it weren't for the current postage rate situation, I just might have kept riffing on the usual "why no vinyls"-whining. Now I'm glad you don't do 'em coz it would have ruined me. And also joke is getting old.)

Will at least replay that INVICTA lp for the first time in ages so cheers for that :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:02 pm NO! It's great to see that Stormspell is still alive and well :D
(If it weren't for the current postage rate situation, I just might have kept riffing on the usual "why no vinyls"-whining. Now I'm glad you don't do 'em coz it would have ruined me. And also joke is getting old.)

Will at least replay that INVICTA lp for the first time in ages so cheers for that :)
Thanks man, appreciated!

The postal situation is trully horrendous, especially for us here in USA. That stooge Trump appointed for Postmaster General back in 2019 with the sole purpose of destroying the postal services and discouraging people to vote via mail is still at the helm, happily continuing the destruction, and Biden has turned a blind eye to it, refusing to replace him... It is already beyond the point of no return, and it will only go worse from here, with UPS expected going on strike any moment now, which will undoubtedly result in delays and price hikes, putting an end to sending big wholesale packages overseas...

I did one LP release at the beginning of last year, if only to say I've done it. Never say never, but I doubt I'll do it again anytime soon. Disregarding all techincal, logistical, and storage limitations. The current vinyl scene is not for me man. I've got way too many "pristine collectors" asking for the cheapest shipping possible, and then complaining for the tiniest imperfections, it was astounding.

All those people buying colorful diarrhea-splattered LPs, pressed from poorly sounding digital masters, and listening on $50 Walmart USB turtables hooked to their computer speakers, loudly proclaiming "only analog is tr00" is not for me. Sorry if I'm offending someone here.

Regarding INVICTA, it will be remastered from the DAT tapes, so it should sound as best as possible. Vernon told me the LPs were made from a lesser source (not sure why), so for once I'll have the confidence to say the CD would be superior to the wax.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Can't wait for the TARGET demo anthology !!!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

omen of hate wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:32 pm Can't wait for the TARGET demo anthology !!!
Helle (Underground Power) preordered some copies already, and Hellion and possibly High Roller will aslo pick some for the German/EU market.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Is there any news about the possible official release of Steel assassin's album that you released as a promo few years ago? Last news was that you found band members.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

bobo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:57 pm Is there any news about the possible official release of Steel assassin's album that you released as a promo few years ago? Last news was that you found band members.
Sadly no. Back in early 2020 a customer found J.T., aka Johhny Tantrum, who turned out to be one of his dad's childhood friends. I spoke to him, and he was enthusiastic to record some more tunes and do a proper release and said he will be in touch, and that's the last I heard from him. No activity on his facebook page since 2020 either, so your guess what happened is as good as mine...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

New releases are ready to ship: https://stormspell.bigcartel.com
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I've been out of circulation here too long. Good to see you keep releasing stuff on Stormspell. I need Magnabolt and Target, so I'll see if they are still around in European webshops.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
1sambha

Post by 1sambha »

Stormspell wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:49 am New releases are ready to ship: gold whatsApphttps://stormspell.bigcartel.com
Excellnet collection. Love ittttt.!!!!! :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Howdy fellas,

Been awhile since last time. Things have been slow with current batch of releases, dragging on forewer, so here is a current status update:

GOATEN - Midnight Conjuring CD - Melodic retrowave nostalgia from Brazil. This one is all done and ready to go.

BERGFRIED - Romantik I & II CD - Both EPs together on one CD - Female fronted dark romantic medieval metal. Also ready to go.

ENFORCER - Rumors of My Demise CD - Cult 80s band from Chicago, which started as speed metal in the early 80s and slowly morphed into classic power/doom. This is a collection of previously unreleased tunes: live and rehearsal recordings plus several rarities to celebrate the memory of late Doug Trevisan. The production is rough, but this is the only form those songs exist (with Doug on vocals). This one is also done, just waiting on Brian to approve the layouts.

ENFORCER - Classic Chicago Metal CD - Demo complilation featuring Demo 1984 + 7 bonus tracks from 1984-1985. Originally released in 2009 as CD+DVD set and long time OOP, so we figured it is time for a small 2nd pressing: this time without the DVD. Cosmetic upgrade on the booklet and remastered audio. Currently waiting on Brandon at Headroom Labs to finish remastering and it will be ready to go.

INVICTA - Axeman's Altar CD - Late 80s / early 90s heavy metal from Santa Clara, California. Some of you are already familiar with the band from the excellent compilation LP Doomed Planet put out back in 2004. This release is an expanded compilation of the complete early works from 1992 and 1994. Now that I have finally persuaded Vern to write a band story for the booklet, all that is left is for Vern to transcribe 5 lyrics and I'll be able to finish the booklet and ready to go.

HIGHWAYS - Never Die CD - 3rd offering from the international traditional heavy/power combo via Lincoln, Nebraska. Now with a brand new female vocalist at the helm. Audio masters are done, booklet layouts and design pending.

DOFKA - Toxic Wasteland has been upgraded to a 2CD Deluxe Edition set. In addition to all the bonuses already added to the album (15 tracks in total), there will be a second disc with the "Bow to Thee" 6-track demo from 1992, which was only given to fans at the live shows back in the day, and thus quite limited and hard to find. This release will change that and hopefully make even the most demanding die-hard fans happy. Audio is done, waiting on Jim to send booklet materials.

Last edited by Stormspell on Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

In other news, in addition to the original "Toxic Wasteland" artwork, taken from the original painting (so hopefully this time it will print with correct colors: both Black Dragon and Progressive Arts pressings had quite bad color shifts) we also got a re-imagined version, which will be printed on the booklet's back cover, so it could be flipped to display whichever art a person likes better.

Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Last but not least, Jim has started working on Psycho Scream demo compilation. Next month would be 1 year since Tim Aymar passed away R.I.P.
Aditi5897

Post by Aditi5897 »

Hi Guys,magic 8 ball
Excited to see the latest releases from STORMSPELL! Their dedication to unearthing and reissuing hidden gems from the realm of heavy metal is unparalleled. With each new release, they continue to enrich the metal community by preserving and celebrating its diverse history.
Last edited by Aditi5897 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.