Irond Ltd.

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

wicked keeper wrote:I thought those Russian licence CD's were official ,just not allowed to be sold outside Russia.
I wonder how 'official' they are? :?
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I get those CD-MAXIMUM ones. They are good. It has to be noted though.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Korgüll wrote:What's this supposed to mean?

I have tons of CD bootlegs & they all tend to come from Russia (& Kazakhstan) & Greece... this is the general trend, I'm not saying all Russians etc... are bootleggers, but maybe they are?
It's supposed to be a caricature of your way of jumping to a conclusion based on nothing...

A lot of labels, among others Iron Glory, have licensed a lot of realeases to Russian labels for release and sale at low prices in Russia. These are legit. They can, however, only be sold legally in Russian and the baltic states. If you bought them on ebay, or by any other means except for on a trip to Russia or baltic states, the sale was illegal.

You should not buy these releases (unless you live in Russia of course!). Because by doing so you are supporting dishonest dealers who makes $$$$ by misusing the system that was designed to stop the bootleg flood and to bring metal to the russian market in a legitimate, and afforedable, form.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

mordred wrote:

I have tons of CD bootlegs & they all tend to come from Russia (& Kazakhstan) & Greece... this is the general trend, I'm not saying all Russians etc... are bootleggers, but maybe they are?
It's supposed to be a caricature of your way of jumping to a conclusion based on nothing...

A lot of labels, among others Iron Glory, have licensed a lot of realeases to Russian labels for release and sale at low prices in Russia. These are legit. They can, however, only be sold legally in Russian and the baltic states. If you bought them on ebay, or by any other means except for on a trip to Russia or baltic states, the sale was illegal.

You should not buy these releases (unless you live in Russia of course!). Because by doing so you are supporting dishonest dealers who makes $$$$ by misusing the system that was designed to stop the bootleg flood and to bring metal to the russian market in a legitimate, and afforedable, form.
Well, if only they could now improve the quality of these releases so they don't look like bootlegs!!!

Also... I didnt really want to bring this up, but I did metal distro here in Australia for 10 years, so I think I may know a few things about who's releasing things officially & who isnt... I've met most of the main guys at the major metal labels & I've been to Midem a few times, so I'm only going by what I've heard... but I dont do distro any more, I now sell hi-fi gear! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Isn't it kinda weird though that someone would bootleg the MR albums? I mean, the people who do these things are usually out to make quick money and I can't see how someone would pick a band like Manilla Road to cash in on. Metallica - yes - but an old semi-forgotten cult act like that?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The MR releases on Iron Glory are not bootlegs! I used to distro them & got them direct from Massacre. I think the releases are quite good.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

mordred wrote:

I wouldn't have bought such releases if I had known, the user I bought it from was in England, I then get an envolope from russia and I was like what the fuck is this commie bullshit,I then proceeded to search this cd for russian spy materials and sent it to the CIA and they confirmed no russian spy equipment was involved with this cd, so I decided to keep it to show the world inferior russian pressings.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

FenderMedium wrote: I wouldn't have bought such releases if I had known, the user I bought it from was in England, I then get an envolope from russia and I was like what the fuck is this commie bullshit,I then proceeded to search this cd for russian spy materials and sent it to the CIA and they confirmed no russian spy equipment was involved with this cd, so I decided to keep it to show the world inferior russian pressings.
I wasn't nitro music/brotherhood of metal from Basingstoke was it ? I was considering buying the first two Demolition Hammer Cd's from him.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

Yes it was nitro music. Thats not to say everything he sells is this questionable though.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Korgüll wrote:
wicked keeper wrote:I thought those Russian licence CD's were official ,just not allowed to be sold outside Russia.
I wonder how 'official' they are? :?
I guess as "official" as all these Polish Carnage Rec./Loud Out Rec./Morbid Noizz Rec. tape-pressings of all the Black Mark/Peaceville/... releases in the early/mid-90es.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

wicked keeper wrote:I was considering buying the first two Demolition Hammer Cd's from him.
Yeah I wonder if they are official too.

Ask someone at Century Media, or even the band! Even if they are for the Russian market (or whatever), they're crap pressings of inferior quality.

Makes you ask the question, right???
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I sent Andreas Preisig an email about the cd but it he seems to be gone for a month on vacation or some shit.