Unknown NWOBHM-singles?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
boris

Post by boris »

well it was released in Germany so that would be easy i guess ...
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Some interesting stuff Boris, always glad to hear of new nwobhm out there. Any chance of posting mp3's of the Stever Crowther Band and Sweet Revenge 7 inches? If you can't no problem, just thought I would ask.
boris

Post by boris »

tearitup1234 wrote:Some interesting stuff Boris, always glad to hear of new nwobhm out there. Any chance of posting mp3's of the Stever Crowther Band and Sweet Revenge 7 inches? If you can't no problem, just thought I would ask.
Well I will see what I can do. Can't upload Steve Crowther Band though, the guy who gave it to me asked me to keep it private for time being (he might have some plans for the band). Regarding Sweet Revenge, I will probably upload their best track, Hawks of Cairo.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I would love to hear those 2 singles too.
My friend in the US has the Steve Crowther Band-single too I think. Need to hear it!

Anyone heard Drequon - Goddess Of the Night?
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
boris

Post by boris »

Some more stuff that may appear in Malc's book but is remained unheard by most, thus very obscure :

Valhalla - Lightning in the Sky. Killer. Fucking killer.
Lady Jane - The Sheer Power of Rock. Impossible to get, but what a record ! Everytime makes me wanna pay the 200 euro and buy it. but then I remember I'm a soldier and I earn only a 100 euro a month.
Isengard - please put me on the radio. good name, gay band.
Neon Spirit - Loser. I think it was OK
Stallion - Sleeping Warriors. Good solid metal.
Penetrations - Coming To You. I remember it to be pretty impressive.
Snatchback - Eastern Lady. the b side is killer.
Vagabond - Yanoyo. remember it impressed me at some point.
Steve Crowther Band - had to mention them again ! words can't describe it !
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Boris wrote:Some more stuff that may appear in Malc's book but is remained unheard by most, thus very obscure :

Lady Jane - The Sheer Power of Rock. Impossible to get, but what a record ! Everytime makes me wanna pay the 200 euro and buy it. but then I remember I'm a soldier and I earn only a 100 euro a month.
Uh, I have always wanted to hear that Valhalla single since the first time I saw it. I've seen some guy that have had it on ebay several times for 666 dollars (if I remember right?!). :shock:

Boris, have you heard about the band Drequon? I think they were on a 7'' comp record, with this song Goddess of the night. With the name and the title, it can't be bad.

A single I wanna hear the B-side of is TITAN - East wind west wind. I love the title song!!!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
boris

Post by boris »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
Boris wrote:Some more stuff that may appear in Malc's book but is remained unheard by most, thus very obscure :

Uh, I have always wanted to hear that Valhalla single since the first time I saw it. I've seen some guy that have had it on ebay several times for 666 dollars (if I remember right?!). :shock:

Boris, have you heard about the band Drequon? I think they were on a 7'' comp record, with this song Goddess of the night. With the name and the title, it can't be bad.

A single I wanna hear the B-side of is TITAN - East wind west wind. I love the title song!!!
Drequon is crap. no wonder they only made it to this crappy 7'' comp. (D.T.A. Records Sampler).
I have both Valhalla and Titan on CDR. The Titan demo is not bad either.

Another one to add is Juno's Claw. Just had a listen, good 70's influenced stuff.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

I'll second Boris's recommendation of the Valhalla single (Lightning In The Sky/These Sunday Nights). One of the true lost NWOBHM gems. Too bad nobody has turned up a big box of them.
boris

Post by boris »

AxeCrazy wrote:I'll second Boris's recommendation of the Valhalla single (Lightning In The Sky/These Sunday Nights). One of the true lost NWOBHM gems. Too bad nobody has turned up a big box of them.
The first guy I know who heard it heheh
boris

Post by boris »

Sweet Revenge track is up, will be followed by Lady Jane (not the one on the bootleg !)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Anyone ever heard of the band WYZDOM? I think the name of their 7" is "Wake Up The Night" but I'm unsure of the year of release. Should be an old UK act but again I can't be 100% sure about this.. Hilfe!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Dirty Rocker wrote: Uh, I have always wanted to hear that Valhalla single since the first time I saw it. I've seen some guy that have had it on ebay several times for 666 dollars (if I remember right?!). :shock:
Yeah, i remember that guy listing the Valhalla over and over for an insane amount ($666 or $750 I think); that was probably in 2003. I recently got to hear the single and it is indeed really good. Probably not $750 good, but still good :)

I like the Vagabond single mentioned, though I prefer the A-side, 'deep water' over 'yanoyo' ('you are never on your own'); very cool tune!

I always wanted to hear the TEMPEST single (which is in malc's book) as I enjoy the Smokin' Roadie single, even though most folks don't seem to like it very much.

I've heard that the Snatch-Back is also great but I have not heard it myself.

The only 'nwobhm' I have that wasn't in Malc's book are a couple of lightweight singles that were probably not heavy enough to make the cut, and rightly so
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

nightsblood wrote:I always wanted to hear the TEMPEST single (which is in malc's book) as I enjoy the Smokin' Roadie single, even though most folks don't seem to like it very much.
What, Midnight's a masterpiece!

I hope to find an original of that Tempest single one day. I'm a big SR fan.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

i like both tracks on the SR 7" and I used to have folks look at me like I was admitting to liking New Kids on the Block :) I never did track down anything else by SR, I know there was an entire album's worth of material circulated o cassette, but I couldn't get a copy (yet another case of "we might be doing something with it sometime soon")
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

nightsblood wrote:i like both tracks on the SR 7" and I used to have folks look at me like I was admitting to liking New Kids on the Block :) I never did track down anything else by SR, I know there was an entire album's worth of material circulated o cassette, but I couldn't get a copy (yet another case of "we might be doing something with it sometime soon")
The demo can be found in mp3 form on this forum ;)

I get people thinking some songs on the demo are strange, but the single isn't something that should be disliked by Heavy Metal fans.