Ted Heath - Xyster demos (1986 - 1989)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
malegys

Ted Heath - Xyster demos (1986 - 1989)

Post by malegys »

TED HEATH started off as a crusty UK Hardcore band in 1983.By 1985, they were heavily influenced by the emerging Thrash metal scene (like many UK punk/HC bands of that time were) & completely switched over to playing metal (Like Onslaught, Sacrilege,English Dogs etc). They recorded 1 demo in 1986 called "30 minutes of Metal" & then soon after that changed their name to XYSTER. They recorded 3 demos & an LP (plus a few odds & ends). Very much influenced by Slayer in composition, speed & vocal phrasing, but sounding much heavier like Deathstrike, Venom & Bulldozer. The vocals were never growled, just snarling Thrashy vocals with the occasional Tom Araya-esque scream. So here are all those demos , namely 1 Ted Heath demo & the 3 Xyster demos. Xyster became very well known for their last demo called "Black Bible" in 1989, which also saw a vinyl release the same year. Oddly enough, the band never seemed to have played live much, although they were prolific song writers.
All demos ripped, restored & slightly mastered, except the "Black bible" demo, which i ripped from my vinyl version (although i do have the demo tape too). Quality is GREAT & clear. This is rare brutal UK stuff that didn't get the attention it deserved back then, especially for being so goddamn HEAVY :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y5q502650 ... 989%29.rar

I haven't uploaded these to Youtube as all of them are already on there, in good quality.
"Do you like Wenom?"
Yronbeast86

Re: Ted Heath - Xyster demos (1986 - 1989)

Post by Yronbeast86 »

Really like this demo and the Xyster material too. It pretty much is Xyster(UK).
DaN
Administructor

Re: Ted Heath - Xyster demos (1986 - 1989)

Post by DaN »

Such fantastic cult classics, these tapes. Well, maybe except the "Black Bible" one which is almost as dull as their LP. The rest is HIGHLY recommended stuffs I'd love to see on a DLP reissue sometime soon.