Noise and Metal

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
BentSlightly

Noise and Metal

Post by BentSlightly »

When I first started to listen to metal and as it became more extreme, I started to notice how the actual sound waves produced started emulate punctuated noise. Are their any non-industrial examples of harsh noise in metal bands that you all can think of? :twisted:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

The feedback intro to one of the songs off Venom's Possessed could be off an old Sutcliffe Jügend tape.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ultimate Example: PARABELLUM.
They had all the harshness of the original Industrial Rock Scene but were still Total Fukking Death Blacking Metal. Like if early SPK or TG wanted to be Devilworshipping Deathrockers. My feelings towards the "Sacrilegio" EP is damn near religious :shock:
otakon

Post by otakon »

DaN wrote:The Ultimate Example: PARABELLUM.
They had all the harshness of the original Industrial Rock Scene but were still Total Fukking Death Blacking Metal. Like if early SPK or TG wanted to be Devilworshipping Deathrockers. My feelings towards the "Sacrilegio" EP is damn near religious :shock:
haha my mate said this last month, "Parabellum's guitar tone tears the very fabric of time" :lol:

listening to the original Sacrilegio 7" is truly a religious experience!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I am very ashamed that I cannot add anything from the 80's :oops: :( . My nick can be questioned this way. But I can add one item from the 90's that is noise-soaked to the core: Order From Chaos - Stillbirth Machine (or at least its title track).
I am ... the One you warned me of
deathster

Post by deathster »

otakon wrote:
DaN wrote:The Ultimate Example: PARABELLUM.
haha my mate said this last month, "Parabellum's guitar tone tears the very fabric of time" :lol:

listening to the original Sacrilegio 7" is truly a religious experience!
What do you mean with original Sacrilegio 7"? You mean Parabellum "Sacrilegio"? It was a 12"EP!
otakon

Post by otakon »

deathster wrote:What do you mean with original Sacrilegio 7"? You mean Parabellum "Sacrilegio"? It was a 12"EP!
sure is, my bad!
deathster

Post by deathster »

What about Agressor and Sadist (both from Germany ca 1985/86), or very early Necrophagia demos (ca 1984), Christblood, PseudoChrist/Beherit, Bestial Summoning... they made some noisy recordings, some of them with interesting elements and some not.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Just mentioned in another thread, I think PORTAL deserve to be mentioned here. Their "rhythm-inflected" music sounds like real "noise". While everything is played right, but actually sounds very decrepit. Amazing ... Sound, unfortunately, is quite modern, though. Or maybe should be done that way.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Tormentor

Post by Tormentor »

This makes me think there should be a full LP of nothing but Dave Chandler from Saint Vitus making random guitar noises like Neil Young on Weld... I think that would approximate the feeling pretty close.
WYRDSKULL

Post by WYRDSKULL »

WOLD
Portal
Beherit
Mistogo Varrgoth Darkestrah
Lust
Sadistik Exekution
all these bands seem to have used a bit of noise at one point or another