new post VoiVod efforts anyone?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Noisenik

new post VoiVod efforts anyone?

Post by Noisenik »

has anybody checked the efforts of VoiVod members?

Korgull, what do you think of them? :)

by Away:

http://www.myspace.com/kosmostheband

http://www.myspace.com/lesekorches

sadly Snake's paranoland has no tracks uploaded.

anyway: http://www.mypace.com/paranoland

I've somewhat mixed feelings. But I think there's a lot of potential, as everywhere at the beginning ...
Last edited by Noisenik on Tue May 22, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit! Totally missed this!!

Thanx for pointing it out... :D

Kosmos sounds great, real space-prog.
At first listen it reminds me of the great Japanese band 'Godiego' (Monkey Magic Soundtrack etc..)

The Les Ekorches is promising... if the band were American I would not care less, but it is certainly interesting & 'different' with the French-Canadian & Voivod influences.

I have a recent 'Autchose' album that Piggy & Away played on (& did some artwork for) but it's nothing special. Kinda folky-alternative-poetry music I guess???

Thanx again for the links...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

effots, huh? eh weak.

yeah, I will definitely pick these efforts and give them proper listen. I'm thinking about opening myspace account just to harass Away to go for more exploration in the future :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Tom, unfortunately there will be only one more VoiVod album released ...

as stated on http://www.voivod.net :

Voivod to complete final record:
There remain 13 songs that Denis D'Amour (Piggy) had written with the band that have yet to be recorded. Michel Langevin (Away) and Denis Belanger (Snake) will track the last songs this spring bringing all the past and present members together to participate in a homage to the guitar legend of Piggy and the legacy of 25 years of a brotherhood forged by exploring metal, rock and punk ethics with an other worldly premise. Jean-Yves Theriault (Blacky) and Eric Forrest (E Force) have eagerly agreed to contribute bass tracks along with Jason Newsted (Jasonic). The End records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. Voivod may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career.

Sad, at least we should be thankful we will get one more slab.
Last edited by Noisenik on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Yeah, I read that the other day!
I'm kinda glad they won't be releasing anymore albums after this one, Voivod ain't Voivod without those trademark Piggy riffs.
I think they should just leave it at that with what they have left.
& it will be nice to hear Blacky again too.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Noisenik wrote:The End records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. Voivod may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career.
Nuclear Blast + selected gigs = Wacken.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

nabel wrote:
Noisenik wrote:The End records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. Voivod may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career.
You really think so!? Darn, it shouldn't be missed then ...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Who's gonna play guitar? :?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Korgüll wrote:Who's gonna play guitar? :?
that's indeed a question. I hope somebody who has enough feeling for playing diminished fifths and tritoni in general, otherwise ...

on the other hand, these may be the last opportunities to see all the rest together.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Noisenik wrote:
nabel wrote:
You really think so!? Darn, it shouldn't be missed then ...
I just smell it, like when Carcass announced that they'll be playing few festivals gigs I knew instatly one would be Wacken.
Maybe they play there this summer, maybe next. Can't/won't make it there anyway.

I read from some finnish mag that Andreas Kisser would be the guitarist if there would be gigs... Just rumours of course.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I believe it won't be this year, then. Probably they will not come to Ol' continent again. I guess neither Blacky nor Ericula would come for a few farewell shows.