Split Heaven - New Album

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Tomasteel

Split Heaven - New Album

Post by Tomasteel »

Hi guys, I leave this news posted by bravewords. We'll be unveiling the artwork and first single on Wednesday at 9:00 p.m (Central Mexico Time), the release date will be posted too. Cheers!

Mexican heavy/speed metal band SPLIT HEAVEN will unveil the artwork for their new album, The Devil's Bandit, on August 21st. That same day, the band will premier the first single from the album at 9 PM (Central Mexico Time).

http://www.bravewords.com/news/209076
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUH7DiAN4Dg

Split Heaven's new single Danger Zone, extracted from the new album "The Devil's Bandit" to be released by Pure Steel Records on November 22nd 2013. www.splitheaven.net www.puresteel-records.com Pre Order Now!

Cheers!
Marken

Post by Marken »

This is a must buy.

The song was ok, but I have heard better from Split Heaven. The new vocalist sounded good, but I miss the voice of Eli Valenzuela. In my opinion, he had a more characteristic voice.
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

Cool Marken, thanks for your opinion!

Anyone else have something to say? :?:

Cheers,
Tommy.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

have to listen the whole album first to give an opinion
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

To be released by Pure Steel Records on November 22nd.

This is the first single "Danger Zone": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUH7DiAN4Dg

Regards,
Tomas.

Tomasteel

Split Heaven - The Devil's Bandit - Reviews

Post by Tomasteel »

Hi everyone, well I'm gonna start this topic about Split Heaven for those who are interested on reading the reviews we start receiving.

Enjoy reading and remember that Pre order starts on november 8th through Pure Steel / Pure Legend Records and its released on november 22nd.

HEAVY METAL TIME MACHINE (USA)

Whoa, man alive I did not see this one coming at all! Can you say loud, proud, mean, hot, nasty and heavy Mexican steel? Sure, that's a mouthful. But Split Heaven, working their way through this, their third full-length album, mean business. And when the business at hand is eighties-style heavy metal, which means you should think along the lines of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, as served up by a sinister-sounding speed metal band? Well, that just means that business is good....damn good. Truthfully I just downloaded, burned, and then threw this one into my car stereo without a second thought and when it first hit me I would have swore that this was a metal thrashing mad German speed metal band! Wow, was I ever FAR OFF. Regardless of where it is exactly that they hail from on this fragile globe of ours they still tear it the fuck up! Heavy metal/speed metal with lead vocals that sound as if they went to the Ronnie James Dio school for metalheads? You couldn't ask for better friends. And then there are the kind of well-loved (and sorely missed) whipping lead guitar solos that can only come from a band well versed in the sound of (all things beautiful indeed) eighties metal. That's what cooking! So, what's the scoop on Split Heaven anyway? Read on. Formed back in 2003 by guitarist Pedro Zelbohr and drummer Tomas Roitman, with a demo called "Lightstorm" appearing in late May of that same year, this album looks as if it marks the first introduction of the group's new lead vocalist (and third overall Split Heaven vocalist at that!) Gian Carlo Farjat. Or at least to tape. Maybe he's already played live with them? I don't know. But I do know one thing. Speaking of tapes, and bear with me here folks, this new album from Split Heaven reminds me of the glorious heyday of heavy metal tape trading! Here we have a band that sounds for all the world like a kick ass underground act and, if one didn't know better, you could almost pass this one off as a missed, but not forgotten, eighties/early nineties act. The thing that gives it away though is the modern production. Of course that just highlights the immense metal power of this five-piece act. With guitarist Armand "Hank" Ramos and bass player Carlo "Taii" Hernández serving as the other two building blocks for this brick house, Split Heaven are an institution that all heavy/speed metal fans should invest in! In addition to their own back-catalog, which I need to now check out, the group made an appearance on a tribute album for Metalucifer and they have shared the stage with bands from all over the globe. You've got Rata Blanca (Argentina), At War (U.S.A.) and Paul Di' Anno (Britain). They've also played with everyone from L.A Guns to Agent Steel and even bands like Stratovarius and Brainstorm in their time together. As they have quickly made a name for themselves as one of Mexico's premier metal bands they have also managed to line up endorsement deals with Washburn Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, Eden Amplification and Evans Drumheads (just to name a few)! So there sure seems to be other people besides just me who are enamored with this Mexican metal band! You can check Split Heaven out for yourself and see what all the fuse is about when this one drops in late November. I've got a good feeling that this one is going to rattle the bones of heavy/speed metal fanatics!

http://metalmark.blogspot.mx/2013/10/sp ... andit.html
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

TRUE METAL LIVES (USA)

Split Heaven are a Mexican band who have been slowing building up a name for themselves on the traditional metal circuit for about a decade now and with this, their third full length release, they seem to have taken another giant stride forward in their efforts to stake a true claim on the crowded metal scene. Backed by the productive forces of Pure Steel Records, this album may really go far in helping them in their efforts!

The album begins with a 90 second intro, which although I am normally pretty ambivalent when it comes to tracks like these, I make an exception here as it strongly fit the feel of the album, and along with the fantastic cover artwork has really given the album some continuity and coherency! After that we break into the track Danger Zone and you can really begin to sink your teeth into a very strong speed metal affair. False Martyr comes on next and initially it was my least favoirte track, but after repeated listens I enjoy it more now than I used to. March Of The Dead is just a killer track from one end to the other and is just a lot of fun to get into with its hookiness. The Devil's Bandit closes out the first half of the CD and is another solid track, though a slight dip from a couple of the other tracks on the first half.

Waiting For The Angel Of Death is a solid way to kick off the second half of the disc. Again this track is full of the catchy melodious hooks. Then the gallop begins and we have the speedy Runaway which really fits its name here, another of the album highlights. Split Heaven mixes it up next with Diamond Gaze, complete with a vocal intro (rarely done which makes it a fresh change of pace). Again this track has melodies to spare, very nice. The speed comes back with a vengeance immediately afterwards with Sinner, before the album closes on a strong point with Right To Rule. Not a filler track to be found!

Overall, there may not be a lot of anthemic tracks, but there is a very consistent feel to this incredible album that needs to be checked out by anyone into the speedy, traditional metal sound! Catchy melody, driving riffs, great production, it's all here!

http://www.truemetallives.com/reviews.html
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

METAL TEMPLE

As the messenger of hell, the gunslinger, rises from down under, sets his red eyed gaze upon a lonely Western town, and starts pacing towards it, there will be no refuge or retreat. Impending doom will be upon the heads of the inhabitants, survival will be for the fittest, if there are any around to stand against the Hellbound bandit. Divided between heaven and hell, the Heavy / Power Metallers of SPLIT HEAVEN, now a pack of threatening cowboy muchachos, from the barren areas of Mexico, return to portray a twisted version of the old Western civilization in North America through their third release, “The Devil’s Bandit’s”, via Pure Steel Records, while celebrating a decade of old school Metal activity. What’s more interesting that SPLIT HEAVEN have been sticking hard for a long period of time to their Metal perspective, largely 80’s far beyond driven Metal, assuming indicators of old US Heavy / Power / Speed Metal outputs whereas not forsaking European predicaments such as the classy IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST and slashing Teutonic fever of PRIMAL FEAR.

In general terms, “The Devil’s Bandit’s” stemmed up to be the rightful creation for the band’s decade anniversary. SPLIT HEAVEN seemed to have improved their songwriting, in comparison to the previous “Street Law”, achieving a fine status of hook laden tunes consisting of the classic Metal type riffery and lead fretwork, which through their songs never tired or ceased to impress yours truly, and acknowledging my craving for a fistful of power moments with an outstanding performance of sharp edged choruses with several anthem and build up merits. Moreover, I wouldn’t be looking for extra imaginative approaches if I were you, SPLIT HEAVEN’s legacy has been built upon simple, to the point, straightforward attitude for their Metal. The songs’ structures are fairly modest, quite palpable at times but no minus in that, easy to comprehend riff based song list capturing encouraging pointers by issuing melodic licks that could have originated from the Metal’s finest era. Production wise, as an 80’s Metal fan, I believe that the mixing by the band’s drummer, Tomas Roitman, was ascetically good, and there was also the crowning mastering scion of the old PRIMAL FEAR / SINNER’s engineering collaborator, Achim Köhler, which added the right amount of venom for the initial band’s sound.

“The Devil’s Bandit”, on my hefty bill, is this album’s foremost hit, delivering the unison of vintage European meets American Metal methodologies, letting the bass do the talking with incredible lead swings, obtaining an attention with tasty riffery, impelled drum work and a tremendous rough harmonic hymn like chorus. Giancarlo Farjat as the new voice of SPLIT HEAVEN, proved himself worthy of his new position with a top quality vocal range. “Sinner” is the band’s ICED EARTH kind of tune, Power / Speed Metal cruncher circling the wrath and brutish nature of the old American beast, embedding cool MAIDENish melodic spells and a simplified chorale war cry of the song’s title, the reverbed soloing is purely breathtaking. “False Martyr” also a few ICED EARTH elements, yet it turned out to be more of the mid tempo puncher, servicing heavy riffing and tuneful power chorus. “Runaway” caught glimpse of old US Metal such as early 80’s OBSESSION and JAG PANZER, while also romancing with shreds of NWOBHM. This is a passionate delivery of fine Heavy Metal, in your face and out.

Do go seeking for exceptions because there are none, simply put folks; the strains of traditional Metal run smoothly through the bullets of these cowboys. “The Devil’s Bandit’s” is SPLIT HEAVEN’s cause for celebration and for shoot ‘em up, plunging through with scrumptious Heavy Metal that will devour you as well.

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalo ... en-the.htm
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

For german readers:

"Monica, wir fahrn nach Mechiko."
So verkündete Richard Gere mit Beharrlichkeit im Film 'Breathless' die Mission zweier liebenden Herzen.

Neben Tequila und Salitos war es bisher das Einzige, was ich mit Mexiko verbunden habe. Nun haben mir SPLIT HEAVEN den Räuber des Teufels vorgestellt und ich darf sagen, dass das recht angenehm daher kommt. Der Kaktus rockt!

Knalliger, zeitloser Heavy Rock mit Schmackes.
Das Rad wird nicht runder durch SPLIT HEAVEN, aber das Ohr bekommt prächtigen Stoff. Analog zur Kehle würde man sagen: "Bier gibt es schon ewig und dieses hier schmeckt besonders gut!"

Die musikalischen Wurzeln der Truppe liegen eher im transatlantischen, europäischem Raum. Dabei gibt es keinen eindeutigen Favoriten, weil SPLIT HEAVEN die vermeintlichen Vorbilder gekonnt nach dem Motto 'die guten ins Töpfchen, die schlechten ins Kröpfchen' mixen.

Es gibt also keine revolutionären Klangwunder, sondern beste Hausmannskost, ab und an gewürzt mit einem Schuss Flamenco. Und dem zweitbesten, was man einer guten Scheibe abverlangt: Korrekte, völlig geile Vocals.

Neuzugang Gian Carlo Farjat fesselt sofort mit seiner Bandbreite aus Reibeisen, Melodie, Kraft und Leidenschaft. Er übertrumpft damit sogar den wichtigsten Part einer guten Scheibe: Korrekte, völlig geile Gitarren.

Letzte haben wir zum Glück auch und deshalb gibt es keinen rationalen Grund, sich dieses Werk nicht reinzupfeifen. Will sagen: Mach laut, trink Bier und sei fröhlich!

http://www.mano-cornuto.com/2013/11/spl ... -2013.html
Marken

Post by Marken »

I'm really really sorry to say that the new album is a big letdown for me. I had very high expectations since I'm a big fan of Street Law, and also Psycho Samurai and the self titled are good stuff.

The new vocalist is by no means a bad vocalist, but he has a kind of raspy and strained voice that I really can't get into. One of Split Heaven's greatest assets was the unique voice of Eli Valenzuela, and he is sadly missed.

The playing is good, but I find the songs weaker than before. Mostly anonymous stuff. The only exception so far is the very good Waiting For The Angel Of Death.

I have to say that it took some time for me to really dig Street Law, so I hope that The Devil's Bandit at least will grow a little bit. It's not bad at all, but I find it very average, and that's not good enough for a band like Split Heaven.
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »

Hey Marken! thanks for your opinion about the new album. Its good to receive bad and good reviews, you cannot pretend liking everyone! I leave here one more good and two bad reviews of it too! Cheers.

http://www.dangerdog.com/2013-music-rev ... ouSRxz7B58

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1002592

http://www.metalkaoz.com/album-reviews/ ... andit.html
Tomasteel

Post by Tomasteel »