My Japanese Metal thread~ Updated w/ 1st Sabbat EP + bonus

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
sabbat666

My Japanese Metal thread~ Updated w/ 1st Sabbat EP + bonus

Post by sabbat666 »

So, I decided since I got a lot to upload I'd do it all in 1 thread as to not clutter up the board. From now on I'll upload new EPs, LPs and 7"s as posts in this thread.

First off we have a extremely obscure band from Japan by the name of Belzebul. Not to be confused with the dark goth thrash band Bellzlleb.
This band certainly listened to their NWOBHM! Pretty good single released in 1987. I dont know of too many bands from Japan that had this kind of sound. Maybe Grazia, but thats another post...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is their only release. Though, as most bands from Japan have, they probably have a whole mess of demotapes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/27801867/Be ... ght_EP.rar

Please leave me some feedback and let me know how it was! Like my Reaction EP didnt really get any feedback, though it got downloaded by 12 of you. It really helps me decide what is next (like what style of metal you prefer) and also if I should continue uppin stuff. thanks!

Up next by request: Dementia Brain Breakin' Special \m/,
Last edited by sabbat666 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks a lot !!
I was dying to hear this for years ! 8)
I'll give some feedback later today !
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Many thanks, really rare stuff. Although the music is not as dark as the song-titles and the cover suggest, it's nice classic metal with cool guitar melodies and those charming japanese backing vocals/chants. Agree with the NWOBHM influences. They also brought to my mind a slower, more melodic version of the early UNITED stuff. I'm not familiar with the discography of the band, would be interesting to hear more though.

P.S. Did you hear any Wispers? :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Ah, this stuff is excellent! I'm a big fan of NWOBHM so it's not a suprise I like 'em. The singer reminds me of some other jmetal vocalist which I can't get in my head right now.
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

ION BRITTON wrote: P.S. Did you hear any Wispers? :lol:
haha, thats Engrish for ya.

yeah not as dark as expected for me too. though the 2nd track is pretty heavy.
I actually used to think the name of the 7" was "The Dark Night Whispers" which also sounds pretty evil. :lol:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've just finished a first listen. I've really enjoyed it !!
My favorite is the first one (Dark Night) with its strong UK/NWOBHM influence. The intro of the song make me think of "The Ides of March" from Maiden.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I just had to play this at work during coffee break since I've been dying to hear it for so long..
As John mentioned this was more classic HM than the packaging would suggest, but what songs! Maidenesque perfection all the way. I can certainly see why this one's so bloody rare.

Yeah, we can't have too many reminders about feedback. Just bear in mind that there's a lot of downloads available out there and it often takes a while before you get the time to listen to it all. I know I've downloaded stuff over a month ago that's still waiting to be explored..
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:Just bear in mind that there's a lot of downloads available out there and it often takes a while before you get the time to listen to it all. I know I've downloaded stuff over a month ago that's still waiting to be explored..
Lol my "incoming downloads" folder is like 26GB now and that folder is just for my soulseek downloads. It will take some time to check out everything. :D
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

DaN wrote:Yeah, we can't have too many reminders about feedback. Just bear in mind that there's a lot of downloads available out there and it often takes a while before you get the time to listen to it all. I know I've downloaded stuff over a month ago that's still waiting to be explored..
I have the saùe problem here, not counting that I'm buying records too. Hopefully I'm not at home and I have only these to listen to (and tapes in my car), except for the ones on DVD. I sometimes don't download something if it doesn't seem to fit my tastes, but well, I'm curious as fuck! :D

I'm currently listening to this one. Good classical HM at first listen, not evil as others noted, but be sure I'll give it a careful listen!
Gott ist tot.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks, feedback will follow
Long Live The Loud !!!
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Great stuff, I'm dancin' like a doll already !
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

Dementia is coming after I get off from work. I had a few problems finding the CDR i ripped the Live flexi to.

For the time being and to speed things up a bit, Here is the super fast heavy metal from D'erlanger! This EP was released in 1986 on the Mandrake Root record label. Like what you hear? Want to hear more from this band? Aside from a few early demotapes everything after this EP is total shitty goth pop rock. yup they sold out. but this record is a heavy metal classic!!! I've always been fond of the vocals. "Up your Ass! Fuck you, No!!"

http://rapidshare.com/files/27941221/De ... irl_EP.rar
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've always liked this and the other stuff from D'erlangers indie era. They have attitude.
I still have to admit that I like even "La Vie en Rose" album a little bit even though I usually tend to hate everything Goth and VK.
and I'll look forward for the dementia stuff. :wink:
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

finally, heres the 1st 2 Dementia flexi's!

both of these are 8 inch records. the first is from 1984 self released (no label is mentioned, so I assume) and the 2nd is 1985 on Explosion.
You can really hear (and see) how Dementia started off as sort of a Judas Priest worship band. but later turned to the dark side of thrash metal!
Notice the difference just 1 year makes to the song Metal Maniac. It goes from being hard and heavy to thrashin fast. Also check out that bass player named Ray on the Live flexi. It's none other than a pre X Taiji Sawada.

I had some time to talk to Hally about the old days after a United gig last summer. we had some good laughs about their old fashions (check out the studded corset hes wearing! haha).

Dementia 1st

Dementia 2nd

http://rapidshare.com/files/27996657/Dementia_EPs12.rar

Enjoy!
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

AWESOME. boku wa nihon no metaru daisuki desu
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!