Copenhagen 2nd hand vinyl shops info

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
bastard priest

Copenhagen 2nd hand vinyl shops info

Post by bastard priest »

Next week I will be there so I am looking for some infos. Not only metaltravelguide but something else. Thanks in advance :wink:
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Well, the metaltravelguide lists Rock Uglen, which is the only one left mainly selling metal, so that's the best one if youre looking for metal vinyl.

Accord is also listed there, which is a secondhand store selling all kinds of music, films and games. The one on Nørrebro is the better of the two in Copenhagen for metal vinyl, but as with all secondhand stores, you have to be there at the right time.

Right now in central Copenhagen Accord is having a music market, where price drops everyday. It's been going on for a month now, so don't expect to find gems at this point. Ask for address in Accord.

Beat Bop, run by Michael Denner, has a lot of 70's, 80's and 90's hard rock, metal and progressive rock. Almost nothing extreme metal. Mostly vinyl. Cool store, and he's friendly.

On Gammel Kongevej - between central Copenhagen and Frederiksberg, you can find three secondhand stores:

Goldmine Records www.goldminerecords.dk) - don't now much about it, except it has various genres. I was lucky once there to get a bunch of Under One Flag cds rather cheap. Since then, nothing.

Sound Station (http://www.soundstation.dk/) - Tons of music there, but way too expensive. That's probably also why their catalogue doesn't change often.

Mint Records (http://www.mintrecords.dk/) - pretty much the same as Accord, but probably cheaper, but that also shows on the condition of what they sell. On the other hand you can be lucky to find some gems there, though metal is not a big priority. That also means that rare metal can be listed cheap.

New Factory (www.newfactory.dk) - if you don't mind going on a bustrip, you can try this store on the outer Nørrebro. Chances that you find something really good is small, though. Good thing is that it's cheap. I bought many cds from a huge collection they got when Nordic Metal closed down. Since then there has not really been anything of interest for me. But you might as well if you're also going to Accord on Nørrebro.

Repo Man Records (www.facebook.com/pages/Repo-Man-Records/90423966298) - hidden on Nørrebro. This one mainly deals with punk, crust etc. but actually has a nice collection of metal vinyl from time to time. Openinghours seems to be rather random though :).

That's all I can think of right now.

Enjoy!