What's your opinion about following records:

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

What's your opinion about following records:

Post by The Sentinel »

1. CROM: Wasteland (Spain)

2. VORTEX: Open The Gates (Hol)

3.DARK QUARTERER: "Same" (Ita)
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

1. I definitely prefer the previous one which is probably my favorite metal item from Spain. They became too thrashy and perplexed in the second one, some good moments do exist though...

2. Vortex are ok, not great, surely above average, i just wish they had more originality in their songwriting.

3. GREAT epic metal! "Colossus of Argil", "Gates of Hell", "The Entity" etc, the whole record slays!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Dark Quarterer slays even Adramelch...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

1. The first one is indeed the best. The second one is more complex, but it's still very enjoyable, killerband from Spain.

2. Great output from these Netherlanders, the only problem is that it might be too repetitive at times.

3. Indeed a classic, but it doesn't slay the mighty Adramelch IMO
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Re: What's your opinion about following records:

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The Sentinel wrote:1. CROM: Wasteland (Spain)

1)CROM haven't heard

2)VORTEX-One of the best three Dutch Bands Ever!!!!I love this band ,classic heavy metal with Acceptish guitars,good groove songs reminds me off some mid 80's Teutonic Metal Bands 8) .Great HORROR band they had awesome show at their live gigs with masks(15 years before some Slipknot)

3)DARK QUARTERER the 3(?)best band from Italy after the GODLY ADRAMELCH and BLACK HOLE!!I think the first 3-4 songs of DARK QUARTERER'S debut are masterpieces and quite unique about the style(very prog guitars like ADRAMELCH's,classic/out of this world melodies like only Italians can reproduce this sound/feeling,very technical drumming,and quite epic atmosphere too)
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

1) CROM is godly! "Wasteland" is better than "Steel for an Age", both are classics!

2) good album, not the UBER-record for me though, dont understand the praise it sometimes receives, many better ones from Holland...

3) good album, good band! But in no way even close to the almighty ADRAMELCH
We praise the blood that metal brings
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

all three lp"s kill!!!!!You cannot say that Dark Quarterer are better than Adramelch,different styles ,i think you cannot compare those bands,they are both GREAT BANDS!!!!!
and for someone who mentioned Black Hole,well,i dont know but i was never a fan of this band...they never touched me,although i am a big fan of the ITALIAN METAL SCENE and obsessed with doom metal ,this band is not of my taste..i think italian doom metal is way too weird!!!thats my opinion,so its a matter of taste
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

CROM: Wasteland (Spain) . if the production wouls have been at least deceny, it would have been a much better album

2. VORTEX: Open The Gates (Hol) Good, but noy my cup of tea..hmmm something simply does not catches me up

3.DARK QUARTERER: "Same" (Ita) I like it very much, specially their italian prog bitys they included which make them special to me
acid

Post by acid »

The Sentinel wrote:
Not too special for me. Nice thrash/speed, but boring vocals.

Good record by the longest running Dutch band. I like the "metal bats" output more, but this one's nice. But I honnestly think Vortex is a real live band.

Great Italian epic metal with some awesome songwriting. Like all their work, but this is their best output.
Geen gezeik, ik heb gelijk.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Another round:

1. APOCALYPSE (SWISS): "Same" (1987)

2. HARPPIA: A Ferro E Fogo MLP (1985)

3. HEAVY LOAD: Death Or Glory LP (1982)
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The Sentinel wrote:Another round:

Apocalypse:Very good thrash/speed

Harppia-Haven't heard,nor interested at the moment

Heavy Load:Death Or Glory is my fave record from HL.Huge inportance for swedish metal and also one of the best Swe bands.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm a bit late, but I'll give my opinions anyway.

1. CROM: Wasteland (Spain) Never heard.

2. VORTEX: Open The Gates (Hol) Never understood the praise this one gets. Very mediocre heavy metal in my ears and not an original idea in sight. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

3.DARK QUARTERER: "Same" (Ita) One of the best epic metal albums ever. This is a true colossus and should be in every collection. Probably not for everyone though, with the quirky playing, the (lack of) production and the very progressive structure of the songs. I will probably never understand all the love for Adramelch - Dark Quarterer is where it's at IMO.

4. APOCALYPSE (SWISS): "Same" (1987) Never heard it.

5. HARPPIA: A Ferro E Fogo MLP (1985) This one is pretty interesting with that almost droning sound and the doomy landscapes they draw without really being doom. Hey, am I thinking about the right album? I just suddenly started doubting myself...

6. HEAVY LOAD: Death Or Glory LP (1982) A very good, or even great, metal album. Heavy Load never really did anything that wasn't top quality or thereabouts, at least the stuff I've heard. Very solid band that will always return to the turntable.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

CROM (have not heard, something I should keep my eyes open for ??)

VORTEX (great Heavy Metal with good and bad moments)

DARK QUARTERER (Together with Black Hole's "land of mystery" the best Italian album/band EVER. The perfect epic Heavy Metal LP)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I had this one and the debut ages ago (found 'em on a flea-market in Sthlm flr next to nothing) and from what I remember it was pretty good, standard HM but no real standout songs.

Better than "Metal Bats" anyway. Raw & simple HM and it's slowly growing on me, but still far from a Dutch Steel fave.

A Masterpiece! All 6 songs slay! Too bad they never really reached up to this level again. The only blemish would be the slighly weak production, but you sort of get used to it after a few minutes. It doesn't affect the listening experience as much as it does on for instance the ADRAMELCH debut.

Decent US-sounding Power/Thrash. Nothing special, but I've been told their 2nd album is better. True?

One of the best Brazilian classic HM releases for sure. Great maidenesque Metal.

My fave HL album, possibly together w/ "Full Speed.." but vocals and musicianship have improved a lot here. To be honest I've never been a die-hard fan of the band. It's good & solid Heavy Metal, no more - no less..
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:1. APOCALYPSE (SWISS): "Same" (1987)
Decent US-sounding Power/Thrash. Nothing special, but I've been told their 2nd album is better. True?
The second album is not better ...it's good, but the first album is far superior!

Final track 'Cemetary' on the S/T album is one of my all-time fav tracks!!