POPSIKE FOR CD's!!!

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Yeah, that guy in Brazil probably has tons of them.. soon they'll be selling for $15!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

Korgüll wrote:Yeah, that guy in Brazil probably has tons of them.. soon they'll be selling for $15!
no, he doesn't have it in stock. if the auction is ended and the winner pay it, he will manufacture it in his home factory.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

gigadeth wrote:his home factory.
aka his mom's basement :lol:
WCNOISE

Post by WCNOISE »

:lol: :lol: more or less brazil its paradise of bootlegs pirates
I buy t-shirts -swet-shirts Long sleves eps demos and many more
MetalRulesTheNight

Post by MetalRulesTheNight »

do you think that it could be best to lower the results to items that sold above a specific price? in other words, to exclude items sold for less than $10 or $20? Or it is cool to see low-ball results too?
humus

Post by humus »

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:do you think that it could be best to lower the results to items that sold above a specific price? in other words, to exclude items sold for less than $10 or $20? Or it is cool to see low-ball results too?
It is mandatory to include "low" prices.
Look at popsike, when a $20 vinyl sells for $100 one time, the $100 auction is on popsike and all the $20 auctions are not. Yet all owners of this vinyl believe they have a $100 record in their hands because it's the only popsike entry and will not sell for less.
MetalRulesTheNight

^ thanks for the suggestion.... please keep em coming!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I think a big problem is that it only saves auctions listed under the "Metal" category, as many sellers don't list under genre (thinking of big sellers like pricekillers001, etc, which would be very beneficial for adding rarities to the database). Not sure how to get around this.
MetalRulesTheNight

Good point.... Unfortunatelly this is not easy to get around it.... Items have to be limited to Metal... Having said that I found that actually there are some items by pricekillers001
http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/search/pricekillers
these are from him right?
MetalRulesTheNight

something else,

would you like to see which active ebay items (auctions & BIN items) have the most watchers? That would be particularly usefull if you are willing to bid (or already bidding) on an item and you want to know if there are other watchers (aka rival bidders) too :twisted:
This is something that is not possible to see via ebay but it can be done via ebay API...
MetalRulesTheNight

anyone? who would like to know the most watched Metal CDs on ebay?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

yeah, I think that would be interesting...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:anyone? who would like to know the most watched Metal CDs on ebay?
Not really. We're enough of peek-freaks. Maybe the cds with the most (from different buyers) bids?
MetalRulesTheNight

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
MetalRulesTheNight wrote:anyone? who would like to know the most watched Metal CDs on ebay?
Not really. We're enough of peek-freaks. Maybe the cds with the most (from different buyers) bids?
You can do that on ebay. When you search for a particular album you can click on the "Auctions only" tab to see only the items on auction. Then you can sort results by Number Of Bids....

On ebay, there is no way to see the items with the most watchers. Or how many other watchers watch the item you are watching (and plan to bid). I can make this done but it will require loads of work plus a few $$ so I am only asking to see if others would find it usefull too. Personally I would follow different bidding strategies when I know that an auction I am bidding has another 5 or 10 watchers....
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
You can do that on ebay. When you search for a particular album you can click on the "Auctions only" tab to see only the items on auction. Then you can sort results by Number Of Bids....

On ebay, there is no way to see the items with the most watchers. Or how many other watchers watch the item you are watching (and plan to bid). I can make this done but it will require loads of work plus a few $$ so I am only asking to see if others would find it usefull too. Personally I would follow different bidding strategies when I know that an auction I am bidding has another 5 or 10 watchers....
If you plan to bid you will bid. If you plan to have 4,524 items on your watch list you will make it 10,000 adding the ones with the most watchers (if you know it in the meantime) to be a part of that crap...