LAUREL PATH (GRE) - Cenotaph Demo 1995

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
ION BRITTON

LAUREL PATH (GRE) - Cenotaph Demo 1995

Post by ION BRITTON »

Here's the first demo of this band from Thessaloniki. It's more metal and more epic than the second one, somehow similar to the first BLACK FATE demo (the Greek band). Not anything mindblowing IMO, but still quite enjoyable. For some unknown to me reason there's sound only from the one speaker. Material provided by Angelheart, the rip was done by me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HB7KRX27
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Re: LAUREL PATH (GRE) - Cenotaph Demo 1995

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:For some unknown to me reason there's sound only from the one speaker.
Was this ripped in mono?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Didn't check the setting but I don't think so. I haven't made any change in the setting, that was how I ripped all the other things I have uploaded. There was sound from the other speaker as well during my rip but it was so low that it was unlistenable.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
daniel

Post by daniel »

Mono doesn't mean it's just out one speaker haha.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

daniel wrote:Mono doesn't mean it's just out one speaker haha.
I'm aware of that but it is a possibilty that would explain the issue.

I don't see you giving any suggestions.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

- Box!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

daniel wrote:Such a funny word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zHTc4gh16Q
Three words:

What the fuck?
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

THanks for the Demo anyway ...
Heavy Metal is my Pride. I've got Metal in my Blood. Uncompromising REAL Heavy Metal is all I need. Hail to all Brothers of EPIC HEAVY METAL !!
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

The rip is horrible Gianni.Better to do it again cause this demo is really good.
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Have done a great rip on both their demos on the radio station I was working when I was living in Thessaloniki. The source was the original tapes that a good friend have given me. Kept this for my personal use but I promise I will upload both demos in the near future. I can not do it now cause the last 5 months I have moved to another town due to a new job and I have no access to my stuff, but I will have this in mind if no one uploads in the meantime. Will check Gianni's rip meanwhile, still have not heard it.

Sakis Kioses the guitarist of LP have later moved to Agnes Vein another great band form Thessaloniki. Their debut demo of Chaos and Law may fit to the taste of many people in here.
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

The track "Sanctuary of Beauty" is a blast! Thanks a lot for the upload, Ion Britton! Finally, I don't think the rip is so bad.. :roll:
All through the night steel by your side
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Ra Pariah wrote:The track "Sanctuary of Beauty" is a blast! Thanks a lot for the upload, Ion Britton! Finally, I don't think the rip is so bad.. :roll:
Believe me it is.I put the tape and the sound of it in comparison with the rip is 100 better.
If Giannis is not bored, i will give it to him again and rip it again fixing the sound.
Or Stygian blade will upload it since he have done a good rip.
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Basically, I was meaning that I have some demo tapes which after so many years have more or less the same audio quality with this mp3. Yet I cannot contradict your statement, as I don't have the original tape and I cannot compare the two audio qualities. Even with this rip, though, the fans of this genre can see that there are some hidden gems inside this demo! :D
All through the night steel by your side