Question About White Label NWOBHM Singles

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Question About White Label NWOBHM Singles

Post by nightsblood »

I know boot copies of some nwobhm records have been circulated as 'white label' or test press/promo copies. However, some items came with plain labels for real.

Which items have confirmed white-label boots out there? The Genghis Khan 'double dealing' set with white labels is a boot.... what about the Dragonfly EP? Others?

Thanks for any info
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Dragonfly 7" white label is how my copy came and I got it around 1993 and I have never seen a proper label with this one.

Another one is the Tokyo Blade singles I have with the tokyo blade labels pasted over the ghengis khan labels.Those copies are real as well.You need to be able to see "ghengis khan" labels underneath.

then for the 12" there is Diamond Head, the first issue was "white label" and the second issue was on Happy Face.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

another one that comes to mind is Afterdark 'deathbringer" 7", normally a picture disc of course but the 7" white label is legit, I've had mine for awhile. There is one up on ebay at the moment too.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Lautrec, Stormchild, Tempest, Jody st comes to mind. Only released as white labels of my knowledge.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Valhalla - Lightning In The Sky

Not a single, but I got a Tygers Of Pan Tang white label LP a while back. Also legit.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Khnud wrote:Valhalla - Lightning In The Sky

Not a single, but I got a Tygers Of Pan Tang white label LP a while back. Also legit.
Valhalla has a printed label as far as I know. Does it exist a white label press also in more quantity than a test?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
Khnud wrote:Valhalla - Lightning In The Sky

Valhalla has a printed label as far as I know. Does it exist a white label press also in more quantity than a test?
Dunno. The Belgian nwobhm-maniac I talked to at this years HoA told me about the white label and how it was supposedly not a test pressing. But he might have mixed them up with some other band. Or maybe I did. We were both drunk.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Here's the masterpiece.. Fuck, I just realised how much I need this. :(
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Only copies of Valhalla I've seen (2 I think) both had the printed Asgard label as seen in Patrick's picture. Seems like everybody still has this one on their want list; I hate to think how much a copy might bring on ebay at this point :(
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

i love these obvious band labels. "asgard records". "orcrist records". etc
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Regarding 7"s well, Genghis Khan white label is a bootleg while original white lables (because never properly issued so just few test-pressings exist) I'm aware of are Lautrec, Jody St., Stormchild, Dragonfly (lattest 2 with proper ps).
Plus there's a lot of white lables test-pressing of records then properly issued! for example a lot of Neat rec. 7"s as well as After Dark, Scorched Earth (7"), Tempest, Rokka, Predator, Virtue (Virtue were all white lables - the labelled ones simply got proper labels pasted on the white labels), Stormqueen, the first Framed, Red Alert ('break the rules'), the Scrubs, Spiteful Child (the 2nd single), Strangeways, Gogmagog (12"), and more (should be also Night Games, Post Toastee, Schell Shock)...
Never heard of a Valhalla test pressing! :)
Last edited by Traitor on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no hope, no fear
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Then I must be mistaken.