40 Watt Sun

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Väänänen

40 Watt Sun

Post by Väänänen »

Hope I'm not posting about something you're already discussing. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything going on... so...

40 Watt Sun: what's the deal? A forum so in the know as this must have SOME inside info on the album! I've even e-mailed with Cyclone Empire regarding that because they've had the album in their "coming soon"-lists for ages now, but they hadn't heard it yet and had no info at all.

Has anyone heard it? Has anyone heard anything ABOUT it, more than the "a continuation of Warning"-phrase which is all I know...

Does anyone have any more detailed info on what lead to breaking up Warning?

"Watching From A Distance" is the best doom I've heard in ages, so I'm really looking forward to hearing it.
I was never a religious man, so why should I put my faith in you? I'm a heathen searching for his soul.
Bane

Post by Bane »

The initial release date for the album was September but I think it got pushed back to October sometime. I seen them perform live back in April and they were fantastic. "A continuation of Warning" is definitely the most apt way of describing them.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
daniel

Post by daniel »

This is all I've heard of the new band as have not managed to see them live due to lack of money, but, I'd hope there are some more varied songs on the album, doesn't seem very likely though. 'Watching From A Distance' had 3 amazing great songs in my opinion but the last two were just overly sappy, lyrically and musically, and unfortunately these new tracks seem to wander further down that road. I love Warning's two demos and first record the most, I loved the variation they had back then.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Väänänen

Post by Väänänen »

Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that before. Hard to judge the actual quality with this crappy recording, but the style seems to be what I'm craving.

I haven't heard the demos, but the first album didn't really do the trick for me. I love all the stuff on "Watching..."... "sappy" lyrics and all.
I was never a religious man, so why should I put my faith in you? I'm a heathen searching for his soul.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The first warning album didn't do much for me either. The demo's were cool, but I haven't listened to those in a while and I don't quite know how I'd compare them to the albums.

Haven't heard any 40 Watt Sun material, and until they get their album out there's little to talk about.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Oooh the guy who posts on here as Satanic Blud was just telling me about this band, I shall explore... are Cyclone putting out the album?
Väänänen

Post by Väänänen »

Louise: Explore, please! But be ware that Sweden Rock is getting any and all exclusive interviews Patrick will do, not Terrorizer ;)

Cyclone is releasing "The Inside Room", yes. Hage wrote me to me on August 17th:

"We don´t have any fixed releasedate yet for the 40 WATT SUN album, and so also no date when the promo will start, but surely this will happen in the next 2-3 months"
Louise

Post by Louise »

Väänänen wrote:Louise: Explore, please! But be ware that Sweden Rock is getting any and all exclusive interviews Patrick will do, not Terrorizer ;)
I'll fight ya for it ;)

Although with Pat's experience with Terrorizer (before I started I hasten to add) he might not want to talk with me, ha ha
Väänänen

Post by Väänänen »

Hey, you can't say A without saying B... you of all people should know that the question "please elaborate" will come after revealing something like that. What's the problem between Patrick and Terrorizer?