Stormbringer ''Stealer Of Souls'' Demo 1993 USA

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

by request:

1. Vengeance
2. Stormbringer
3. Neurotic Emperor
4. Tanelorn
5. Evil Crusader
6. Silence
7. Temples Of The Slain
8. Ambush
9. Vanishing Tower
10. Pit Fiend

Great and very rare Epic melodic US metal demo tape . Self described “Champion Metal" Obviously a concept album based on Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone stories. Thank you Sam Tocci for sending me this some years ago, all hail.

By the way, every song cuts off the last second or so unfortunately, nothing I could do about that.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EO3AFEB9
psswd: www.thrashmageddon.com
DMR

Post by DMR »

Thanks!
Bane

Post by Bane »

Wow, I'm an obsessive collector of Elric concept bands/releases. This looks friggin' amazing!! Thanks mate :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'm just reading Elric, this will fit nicely, thanks!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Hey, this is actually quite good! There are some songs where it goes to a magic places where very few bands have been.

Thanks for sharing it!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thanks man, curious about this one as I'm quite interested in Elric-related stuff.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks very much :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Listening to it now and it sounds pretty good. Not sure how many better bands making this kind of epic US metal there were in '93 actually. Were there any?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Probably not many bands in the 90's sounding like this.

Originally I tried to find a member back when I was running my label, I really wanted to make an lp of this because I think this album is simply fantastic. But I met dead ends. There was an attempt made to officially reissue this tape on cd but as far as I know the deal fell through. Tim at SK would know because the 2 of us last year were in the middle to talking with one of the founding member but I think think he had some really high 'expectations'. I forget all the details now...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Now playing, halfway through and it's really superb stuff! Totally out of time & place as far as the US mid-90's goes, which in turn makes them even more admirable I guess. Sorry to hear that reissue never happened..
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

doomedplanet wrote:Probably not many bands in the 90's sounding like this.

Originally I tried to find a member back when I was running my label, I really wanted to make an lp of this because I think this album is simply fantastic. But I met dead ends. There was an attempt made to officially reissue this tape on cd but as far as I know the deal fell through. Tim at SK would know because the 2 of us last year were in the middle to talking with one of the founding member but I think think he had some really high 'expectations'. I forget all the details now...
Bummer! Was this member Leonard? Coz I just found him and was about to ask for re-release...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

P.S. Got a response. Masters and music are all owned by Alchemy Records - one of the bazillion labels with that name, owned by Mark Peabody and located in Rockford IL. The guy gave me the label's attorney phone number, but I'm not going to discuss a demo re-release in such a matter, as I'm sure Tim wasn't interested either.

Some trivia: STORMBRINGER changed name to KILLTRAIN and released a cd called "Evil Sperm" :lol: in 1996, again on Alchemy Records.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I edited the below since I missed a connection. I don't know Leonard. According to my friend Sam who has the original tape and I originally got the cd-r from back in 2002, it was different members then. This is a direct quote from this old email: .
"The credits on Stormbringer: All songs written and performed by Len Brauchler and Charles Hastert" It is a two-man project and I do not recognize the names from any other Chicago bands. It was recorded at Star Trax,"

You may want to talk to Tim about it. here is Charles myspace for his current band:
http://www.myspace.com/darkerrocks

not sure why they would hold up rereleasing the tape.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Leonard = Leo Brauchler - Vocals. This is the guy I spoke to.

From what he told me the material on the tape is also owned by Mark Peabody/Alchemy Records and cannot be re-released without his permission. Besides, Mark also has the physical masters in his possession.

P.S. Leonard is looking for a band. Serious bands looking for a classic metal singer, PM me and I'll provide his contact.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Another winner, like it a lot on first listen
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky