Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Avenger wrote: Have you asked if there is any matrix text or are you only making this assumption based off the picture? It's possible that the scan just didn't pick it up. If I recall correctly there is also a Cities - "Annihilation Absolute" CD that is similar to this, if not from the same time/CD series.
Avenger, you was absolutely right about this.
Seller answered me: Hi! The matrix code is 32XB-194 1A1 TO
So, it just invisible on scan but really exist. And i won this CD.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:
Avenger wrote: Have you asked if there is any matrix text or are you only making this assumption based off the picture? It's possible that the scan just didn't pick it up. If I recall correctly there is also a Cities - "Annihilation Absolute" CD that is similar to this, if not from the same time/CD series.
Avenger, you was absolutely right about this.
Seller answered me: Hi! The matrix code is 32XB-194 1A1 TO
So, it just invisible on scan but really exist. And i won this CD.
Good to know as this pressing is definitely interesting... Regarding that release date information, I'd like to know how he came about this. I'll have to look into just how accurate this theory is.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Avenger wrote:
Heavy wrote:What's the matrix number on the CD:

Omen - Battle Cry - 1987 - Restless/Metal Blade

Are there any known bootleg replicas of this item?

Thanks in advance for any help!
There aren't any to my knowldge but who really knows?

I'll get that information for you tomorrow when I am able to check my copy.
Totally forgot about this until now...

TSD 71105-2
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

There was no hurry. Thank you very much!
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Who can help me with Sentenced "Shadows Of The Past" CD on Thrash Records?
I found two Cd's with different colours and matrix numbers.
Red with matrix:c.THR 015CD (according to musik-sammler)
Black with matrix:THR 015 MPO 01 Q (as seller says, but i think it must be @ instead Q as in typical MPO matrices)
Anyway i think one of them is bootleg.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I think the Red disc is the bootleg.

I have the version with matrix: THR 015 MPO 01 @ ..which I believe is the original...
??

Yakish wrote:Who can help me with Sentenced "Shadows Of The Past" CD on Thrash Records?
I found two Cd's with different colours and matrix numbers.
Red with matrix:c.THR 015CD (according to musik-sammler)
Black with matrix:THR 015 MPO 01 Q (as seller says, but i think it must be @ instead Q as in typical MPO matrices)
Anyway i think one of them is bootleg.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thank you Korgüll! My guesses were confirmed. Original was Black CD with matrix: THR 015 MPO 01 @
But.....who added wrong info on musik-sammler? It will confuse people.
If anyone of this board have moderator rights on http://www.musik-sammler.de/ please, post correct information on http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/20551
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:Thank you Korgüll! My guesses were confirmed. Original was Black CD with matrix: THR 015 MPO 01 @
But.....who added wrong info on musik-sammler? It will confuse people.
If anyone of this board have moderator rights on http://www.musik-sammler.de/ please, post correct information on http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/20551
None of us do.

You'll have to make a post in the proper correction sub-forum and then wait a month for the entry to be updated like everyone else.

There's a reason some of us don't use that site anymore...
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Offtop: I know that but i don't know site with more detailed information. Even with lazy moderators MS is the best IMO. I think Corroseum's users have to do own database in english, but how many people except me cares about that?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

@Yakish: An English version of Musik-Sammler will come when they are out of the beta stage... yes, they are still a beta. A release date is not set but it's on the way.
I for one do care about an English database with proper information, the problem is that it takes A LOT of time to even get started.

@Yakish+Avenger: I have started a general information error topic in their international section, non-German speaking users are free to use that topic.
I am guessing Willi_Turner (the entry owner of the Sentenced CD, he's a mod as well) have the bootleg and is unaware of that. Then he should be made aware so that he can correct the entry. As the entry owner is a mod you're better off just contacting him though "Fehler melden".
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thanks for the detailed response Warepire!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Anyone know the difference between a Noise SPV release & a Noise RTD CD release?

I presume one is German press & one is UK/US press, right?

And I presume German is first press???
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:Anyone know the difference between a Noise SPV release & a Noise RTD CD release?

And I presume German is first press???
"RTD" as in the CAT Number correct?

If this were the case, then this would indicate Rough Trade Distribution a German label formed in the late 80's. If I recall correctly I had a Coroner CD like this a few years back that has since been long sold and it was a repress done at a later time. The inserts where nearly identical but the disk was different from the original.

More details would be helpful.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Korgüll wrote:Anyone know the difference between a Noise SPV release & a Noise RTD CD release?

My observations are like this:

I highly doubt it that the version distributed by Rough Trade Distribution is an US or UK press as RTD was a distribution company (just like SPV) which spanned Germany and Benelux. (Although I believe that there was also Rough Trade Records at one point which was a music label). So these are probabily versions distributed by two different companies on the same market. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill on Noise is another example of this.

US Noise releases have catalogue numbers starting from WK and are sometimes distributed by companies like Epic or BMG.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I have two copies of Kreator-Endless Pain, both are identical except on the back next to the barcode, one says: RTD CD 345.0025.2 & the other says: CD SPV 08-4736 ???

Both matrix codes are different & the SPV version actually has Made in West-Germany printed on the disc. The RTD version does not...

I'm just trying to work out which pressing is earlier..??
pan_Heathen wrote:

My observations are like this:

I highly doubt it that the version distributed by Rough Trade Distribution is an US or UK press as RTD was a distribution company (just like SPV) which spanned Germany and Benelux. (Although I believe that there was also Rough Trade Records at one point which was a music label). So these are probabily versions distributed by two different companies on the same market. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill on Noise is another example of this.

US Noise releases have catalogue numbers starting from WK and are sometimes distributed by companies like Epic or BMG.