Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:I have two copies of Kreator-Endless Pain, both are identical except on the back next to the barcode, one says: RTD CD 345.0025.2 & the other says: CD SPV 08-4736 ???

Both matrix codes are different & the SPV version actually has Made in West-Germany printed on the disc. The RTD version does not...

I'm just trying to work out which pressing is earlier..??
pan_Heathen wrote:
Korgüll wrote:Anyone know the difference between a Noise SPV release & a Noise RTD CD release?

I presume one is German press & one is UK/US press, right?
My observations are like this:

I highly doubt it that the version distributed by Rough Trade Distribution is an US or UK press as RTD was a distribution company (just like SPV) which spanned Germany and Benelux. (Although I believe that there was also Rough Trade Records at one point which was a music label). So these are probabily versions distributed by two different companies on the same market. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill on Noise is another example of this.

US Noise releases have catalogue numbers starting from WK and are sometimes distributed by companies like Epic or BMG.
Post some pictures and I can help.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

Noise Records changed their distributor from SPV to RTD, so that's why later editions have RTD instead of SPV on the back if I remember correctly. So the RTD version should be the newer one.

M.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

If this is true, it would mean that the swith happened after 1991, because I have Noise/SPV releases from that year (Raging Romance, Choir Of Horrors). So all Noise/RTD releases are from 1991 or later. I must say I don't know if I should believe that :)

In additiion I am still yet to figure out what is the relation of the following companies: Dark Wings, Modern Music, Futurist to Noise.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

pan_Heathen wrote:In additiion I am still yet to figure out what is the relation of the following companies: Dark Wings, Modern Music, Futurist to Noise.
There was also AGR too..

They just different publishers aren't they..?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Does the Holy Terror- terror and submission cd exist as a roadracer records/ under one flag version, or is the japanese version the first pressing?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

slayerhatesusall wrote:Does the Holy Terror- terror and submission cd exist as a roadracer records/ under one flag version, or is the japanese version the first pressing?
The jap is the only stand alone pressing AFAIK
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

vuvr once told me he had it on Under One Flag, but since the Jap pressing also has an Under One Flag logo on it he was probably talking about that one...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

perishinflames wrote:vuvr once told me he had it on Under One Flag, but since the Jap pressing also has an Under One Flag logo on it he was probably talking about that one...
Yes, he sold his copy to me and that's the one.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

I need your help again guys. This time Warrior "Fighting For The Earth" CD
I know about:
1990 - 10 Records Version
1991 - Metal Blade Version
2002 - 10 Records Bootleg

Who know matrix # or other info that can help to identify 10 Rec. boot & original (If it exist at all)?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:I need your help again guys. This time Warrior "Fighting For The Earth" CD
I know about:
1990 - 10 Records Version
1991 - Metal Blade Version
2002 - 10 Records Bootleg

Who know matrix # or other info that can help to identify 10 Rec. boot & original (If it exist at all)?
I don't know, wasn't the original manufactured in Austria? Normally such discs are quite easy to spot.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:Thank you for help guys! In description seller decrypting what mean those letters in left bottom corner of back. Here it is:
The following is a list of the earlier release years and their letter representation:

1984 - N
1985 - I
1986 - H
1987 - O
1988 - R
1989 - E
etc. Very intersting, i never knowed about it. Also i looking on musik.sammler for other releases from 1987 in Alfa Records Japan and they have same cat.# type 32XB-
So i think the seller actually knows about what wrote. Those digits O.10.25 means that CD was produced the 25 of October 1987
About this I have a few Pony Canyon discs with the letter "C" printed in the date area.

Any idea what year this apparently represents?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

It's CD's from 1990:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... z0Dik%253D
Here in description below
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Leprosy - Wicked Reich Avanzada Metalica CD 1991 ? only rare or also expensive?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Does someone know the matrix for the first pressing of Running Wild - Gates Of Purgatory?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Warepire wrote:Does someone know the matrix for the first pressing of Running Wild - Gates Of Purgatory?
I'll get this for you in the next few days when I return home from out of town.