Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

MassOfKthulu wrote: Evel Knievel of records

HAHA
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Glockose wrote:Does anyone know this user???

Raven9999
I've bought from him before, but after leaving positive feedback one time, stating "Not even close to being Near Mint as described, but fair enough" he blocked me from bidding on all his future auctions. :roll:

Almost all his items are described as Near Mint. None of them are even close.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Khnud wrote:

Raven9999
I've bought from him before, but after leaving positive feedback one time, stating "Not even close to being Near Mint as described, but fair enough" he blocked me from bidding on all his future auctions. :roll:

I've bought from him year and a half ago and never had any problems.But maybe it's just me...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:

Raven9999

Did he use his real name on the package?
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I have no idea. It was several years ago, and I threw away the package right after opening it. I suppose the name we're talking about is J o e P a n g a l l o?

I still have the Paypal receipt (item was sold in December 2010), and the name he registered on Paypal is "WOW THATS RARE". Shady to be the least.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Fake name on the package I received a while back too. Described as mint but half of the records were warped. He also has a store on musicstack.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

For a long time I thought that it could be him because of the way he wrote the descriptions (same fonts and similar style of writing with his lists) and because of the items that he had for sale (some vinyls he list i remember that he had multiple copies).

To be honest, i did not have problems with my trades with mr. P but i stopped trading with him many years ago because i asked for him to send records to me first and that i would send after i receive and he didn't agree.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

WOW THATS RARE? he still sell at musicstack.com. I had a few problems with him in the past. And is grading was never fair.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Glockose wrote:
Khnud wrote:

Raven9999

Did he use his real name on the package?
No, if it's indeed Joe Pangallo then he did use a different name. Bought from him at ebay a couple of times and never had any trouble. Since I'm not a "mint copy fetishist" I can't complain. He's selling most of the records during years now and they looked pretty good, unused and played fine. I'm talking about the records that he prohably bought from the bands, not single copies. And I need to add I never had any trouble with delayed mail either from that seller. That "looks excellent" thing is just a point of view. Some guys are "oversensitive", others aren't. It's always better to write "looks good" in the description, this way you can't piss off the oversensitive buyers. They are really a pain in the ass. Once I sold a record that I was the only owner since 20 years so far and the record was played just 3 times, looking like just unsealed, the cover had no bends no nothing and the guy complained about little hair lines visible on the vinyl and he couldn't leave a feedback therefore ... what to say to such guy?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Glockose wrote:I received the box no problem and all was well.
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Maybe I'm "oversensitive" and a "pain in the ass". But if I receive a record described as Near Mint with ring wear, corner wear, plays with crackle etc, I'll make sure to point it out.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:Maybe I'm "oversensitive" and a "pain in the ass". But if I receive a record described as Near Mint with ring wear, corner wear, plays with crackle etc, I'll make sure to point it out.
As well you should

And I am sure Mr. Prowler would too,
"I am NOT a collector"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:Maybe I'm "oversensitive" and a "pain in the ass". But if I receive a record described as Near Mint with ring wear, corner wear, plays with crackle etc, I'll make sure to point it out.
Agreed.

I can't stand guys that grossly over grade stuff and then make a stink when you bring it to their attention.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Heathen wrote:
Heathen wrote:
emperor.zola wrote: mill*hwang (aka winterlong_hm) bought some CDs from me, and he opened a dispute, where he claims the booklet and the disc is in worse condition than it was described.
haha thats exactly what this motherf*cker did to me too. I even described it in this thread. I blocked him of course and I suggest everyone do it. he is
This scammer has at least two IDs now: mill*hwang and millhwang.

I strongly encourage all of you to add him to the blocked buyers list:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin
Shit, I've got this guy bidding on several things right now. Did paypal refund him for both of you? He sure has a lot of positive feedback is he a well known scammer?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Others have also had problems with him. Read the description of this guy's auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beach-Blvd-Comp ... 3cd20cd372

In my case, I gave him partial refund for what he claimed was a CD in worse condition than described, think it was about 10%.